: Anyone ever see 34 lbs on tire pres. monitors??

slow35th
02-11-05, 07:41 PM
Anyone ever see 34 lbs on your tire pressure monitors?? As the tires heat up the start at 31 lbs then go to 32 then 33 and then they skip to 35 lbs. I have never seen 34 lbs register. Sometimes they will cool down and skip back to 33 but never 34. Very odd. How 'bout you?

Lance

JOEYCTS-V
02-11-05, 08:00 PM
I think I remember seeing 34. Maybe it's just a coincidence that you're not seeing it.

slow35th
02-11-05, 08:14 PM
I think I remember seeing 34. Maybe it's just a coincidence that you're not seeing it.

I don't think so. I've tried to make it read 34. It won't do it.

benjet
02-11-05, 08:24 PM
Long long ago MAYBE ;) (really I think I have seen it before), now no.

SlvrVee
02-11-05, 11:05 PM
Mine was reading as high as 41 - 42, until I did the reset. At aprox 38 psi the monitor would keep blinking the affected wheel. After it hit 40 - 41 the monitor would show a picture of what looks like a flat tire. After doing the reset every thing seems to be fine. I don't think that the monitors on the V's are very accurate anyhow. I had checked the pressure with a analog gauge and it read (cold) 25psi while the monitor showed 30 -31. I think that the cold temps that we had recently may have had something to do with it.

joshdctsv
02-12-05, 12:34 PM
Watched this morning as two tires skipped from 33 to 35. how odd

wildwhl
02-12-05, 12:43 PM
Nope, never seen 34 either that I recall. :hmm:

slow35th
02-12-05, 02:13 PM
Nope, never seen 34 either that I recall. :hmm:

Yep!! I am about 99% sure there is no 34 lb reading.

thebigjimsho
02-13-05, 02:44 AM
Well, I just confirmed tonight that my readout also does NOT read 34psi. Is that a Ford lucky number, or something?

SBONES
02-13-05, 10:23 AM
nope...

GTS21
02-13-05, 01:43 PM
I thought I was going crazy!! No 34 on mine either. 31, 32, 33, 35? :banghead:

slow35th
02-13-05, 01:44 PM
I don't think that the monitors on the V's are very accurate anyhow.

Actually, I have found them to be very accurate. I have played with the pressures using one of the better digital Accutire guages and my monitors seem to be right on, unless of course they are at 34 lbs. :cookoo:

The other thing that I have noticed is that you need to torque the monitors stems, as per the Cadillac Faq on Reeds web page, several times over the course of a few days before they will remain at the recommended tourque. I guess there is a rubber seal that compresses.

Reed maybe you could update the faq with this info.

Lance

StealthV
02-13-05, 05:04 PM
Actually, I have found them to be very accurate. I have played with the pressures using one of the better digital Accutire guages and my monitors seem to be right on, unless of course they are at 34 lbs. :cookoo:

The TPS readings match my Accutire digital guage perfectly as well. :thumbsup:

rand49er
02-13-05, 09:20 PM
Agreed. No 34psi reading here. Watched twice today, and all four skipped from 33 to 35. What's up with that?

joshdctsv
02-14-05, 10:52 PM
What I love is that it's taken 2 years for anyone to notice, in such anal group as ours no less! In software QA such nuggets are a source of pride to those that found them. Nice work Slow35th :)

JOEYCTS-V
02-14-05, 10:54 PM
LOL. I'm also surprised this wasn't pointed out sooner. If the weather holds up I'll be taking the V to work tomorrow and I'll be keeping an eye out. :lildevil:

slow35th
02-14-05, 11:14 PM
What I love is that it's taken 2 years for anyone to notice, in such anal group as ours no less! In software QA such nuggets are a source of pride to those that found them. Nice work Slow35th :)

:histeric: Funny you should say that. My wife tells me that I am the most anal person she has ever met. I guess it is appropriate that I would be the one to notice this.

Lance

benjet
02-14-05, 11:20 PM
LOL. I'm also surprised this wasn't pointed out sooner. If the weather holds up I'll be taking the V to work tomorrow and I'll be keeping an eye out. :lildevil:

I brought this up a few months ago, went unnoticed...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=149602&postcount=10

and now with GS-D3's I'll never see it... with 35 psi cold reccommended (as opposed to 30 for the OEM EMTs), I set the warning off every other day when I hit 42 psi...need to figure out how to re-adjust the high limit.

-Ben

lawfive
02-14-05, 11:25 PM

You SQA? Me too, sort of; Corporate QA overseeing IT application deployment for a pharmaceutical company. I always keep the gauge set on G's... classic tester error.

-- Jerry

joshdctsv
02-15-05, 08:57 PM
I brought this up a few months ago, went unnoticed...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=149602&postcount=10

and now with GS-D3's I'll never see it... with 35 psi cold reccommended (as opposed to 30 for the OEM EMTs), I set the warning off every other day when I hit 42 psi...need to figure out how to re-adjust the high limit.

-Ben

Lol. Ok, credit where due. Next time you have to name your discovery just to make it official.

M & M's V
02-16-05, 10:22 PM
I have been watching my tire pressure monitor every day during my one hour commute. I never saw 34 lbs. It was driving me crazy!!!!!!

scottimartini
02-17-05, 01:30 PM
I'm guessing the official Cadillac response with be something like this....

Due to Atmospheric conditions, sidewall stiffness and the position of the sun and moon, our engineers have determined that it is theoretically impossible for air pressure to hit 34 psi. This is not a malfunction of the equipment nor a design flaw of the manufacturer. It is an inherit property of the conditions in which you are operating your car.

OR they'll have a story like the one they use for the skip shift 1-4 light....

The 34 psi light is working correctly, but it happens so fast that you will not be able to see it. Trust us, the light is working correctly and the tires are holding, at various point in time, 34 psi. You're probably just not paying attention.

Please do not contact us about this minor problem. We're already sick of hearing you guys whining about some little wheel hop problem that we can't seem to duplicate in our factory no matter what we do. You must be abusing your car ....it's not our fault !

BeagleBrains
02-17-05, 06:07 PM
Guages, like any mechanical device, are subject to aging and wear. Instruments, especially TPS transmitters and associated receivers, drift. Their accuracy is a moving target. I have an analog tire pressure guage that I have my I&C guys calibrate to the narrow range about the pressure that is "normal" for my tires. Five pounds higher or lower, the guage accuracy is even worse. I have had my TPS recalibrated once. Will probably repeat this in the future. Made the dealer tech match the readings to my calibrated analog guage. Since pressure and temperature are proportional, interactive, only a cold measurement is close to giving an accurate reading. Cornering, averaging more right hand than left hand turns will heat up the outboard tire more that the inside tire, raising the outboard tire pressure. I adjust my tire pressure with every ten degree change in the morning time ambient temperature before driving the car. This temperature variation occurs over quite a few days, not so difficult to keep up with (except for major weather front effects). My tire wear is above average good. A 34 reading won't improve my average. Sounds more like a generic digital indication glitch in the V computer.