: Any help appreciated

Mafia_76
02-11-05, 06:18 PM
Hey all I have a 1986 Caddy Fleetwood Brougham. When i got the car, the speedometer and power door lock dont work can anyone help?

AElayyat
02-11-05, 06:26 PM
Hey all I have a 1986 Caddy Fleetwood Brougham. When i got the car, the speedometer and power door lock dont work can anyone help?

Door lock problem should be an easy fix. Check the body fuse, if it is good then I would check the lock/unlock switch, if that is bad then you have some electric problem. Can't really help with the speedo issue, I never messed with them maybe some of the other members could help with that.

Adam
02-11-05, 08:11 PM
speedo could be a bad cluster. im not a mechanic so i dont know just throwing out options.

DaveSmed
02-12-05, 12:58 AM
It could be the cable went and somebody just unhooked it as opposed to replacing it. (it is a bit of a hassle) See if the cable at the back of the trans is connected, shoud be a heavy black cable with a thread on collar.

jefftammiea
02-16-05, 11:11 PM
Three places to start with speedo cable...firs the cruise mod on the drivers frt fender. remove the cable end at that leads to tranny and pull on the cable inside the cable assy. inspect for nylon end of the cable. if nylon is present replace with steel cable avaible at your local Napa store. chances are nylon wore out and no longer turning at the output end of tranny. that should make the cruise and speedo work again. if that didn't solve it. then procced directly to connection at tranny. look inside to see that gear is present and not rounded out or damaged. if damage present then replace gear only. next look at cable connecting cruse mod to firewall same way you looked at the tranny cable.

Mafia_76
02-18-05, 05:50 PM
Ok thanks a lot guys.

On the door lock issue I can hear the relay clicking on an off as I press the master door lock switch from either side.