: Passenger Side Puddle Light Housing

Mark Edward Morrison
06-24-13, 07:11 PM
Does anyone out there know the possible part# for the passenger side clear puddle light housing on the bottom side of the mirror for an 04 Escalade? I searched the forum to no avail. Mine comes loose sometimes and hangs down slightly making my LED light not come on all the time. Little stuff like this just bugs the hell out of me for some reason. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is doing well!

rfishoutofwater
06-25-13, 01:25 AM
All i can find is the whole mirror assembly. Might hit up your local dealer and see if they have a part number. You might be surprised as they might have it. Or check a salvage yard. I was able to get my interior door lights and cigarette lighter through dealer at less than online prices once shipping was factored.

Mark Edward Morrison
06-25-13, 12:31 PM
I just called my local dealer and the guy I spoke to didn't have a clue, I said need the puddle light housing for an 02-06 and he begins to tell me there is 7 different ones?? I was like NO, they should all be the same for the 02-06, it's the same mirror! Regardless he said $95.00!! I could tell he wasn't going to tell me the part #!!

rfishoutofwater
06-25-13, 01:07 PM
Nope. You need to ho down there and look at the diagram with him. I never just call as most the time they dick with ya. In persons the best. Also you can barter with them on the price that way. Ill stop at mine and see what i can do for ya

the cadillac man
06-25-13, 02:14 PM
I just called my local dealer and the guy I spoke to didn't have a clue, I said need the puddle light housing for an 02-06 and he begins to tell me there is 7 different ones?? I was like NO, they should all be the same for the 02-06, it's the same mirror! Regardless he said $95.00!! I could tell he wasn't going to tell me the part #!!

They go by your vin that's why he said there was 7 different ones but the mirror may look the same but the insides will be different between different gm makes and models

It is still best to go to the dealer so you can look at the diagram

rfishoutofwater
06-26-13, 03:26 PM
I just stopped at my dealer for you! Wow. Cadillac is sure proud of that little part. There are 8 different configurations for that piece and the difference is what your mirror is. Ie. power or non. Heated or not. Blinker or not. Power fold or not. Etc etc. the replacement piece for my o5 escalade esv platinum with power fold. Power, heated, turn. Is $85. Yes thats correct. $85.

you might want to checking the local salvage yards.

Mark Edward Morrison
06-26-13, 06:55 PM
rfishoutofwater, THANKS for all your leg work! My mirrors our just like yours, power fold, blinker in mirror and heated. My dealer said looking somewhere in the $90's ...... Thanks again for checking for me anyway!

rfishoutofwater
06-26-13, 07:12 PM
rfishoutofwater, THANKS for all your leg work! My mirrors our just like yours, power fold, blinker in mirror and heated. My dealer said looking somewhere in the $90's ...... Thanks again for checking for me anyway!

No problem. I was in the auto mall already working so i thought id stop in. I just cant believe they want that much. I myself will be keeping an eye on the junk yard for some spares just in case. Lol

the cadillac man
06-26-13, 09:41 PM
No problem. I was in the auto mall already working so i thought id stop in. I just cant believe they want that much. I myself will be keeping an eye on the junk yard for some spares just in case. Lol

90 bucks for one part man they must think its gold plated

rfishoutofwater
06-26-13, 10:04 PM
90 bucks for one part man they must think its gold plated

Right? So the moral of the story is when you replace bulbs on the mirrors be extra careful not to break the housing. I replaced my bulbs a few months ago will all led and i was able to get them out without snapping the tabs but they are getting brittle.

the cadillac man
06-26-13, 11:21 PM
Right? So the moral of the story is when you replace bulbs on the mirrors be extra careful not to break the housing. I replaced my bulbs a few months ago will all led and i was able to get them out without snapping the tabs but they are getting brittle.

That's what I am concerned about(those bulbs in there won't last long)I haven't changed to led yet but i am going to and don't want to break that pricy lens(which is a pita to get out)