: Northstar motor blown at 80,000 help...........

topitoff03
09-23-03, 08:02 AM
Hello i brought a clean ass caddilac sedan deville concour and it was clean from a auction only paid 2000.00 us i live in nyc and i got it home turn the key and nothing so i took it to the shop and he told me the motor is blown so now i have a clean ass car no dents paint is excellent and inside is pefect

Do anyone have a northstar motor or do anyone know where i can get one from please help me fellow caddilac members thanks

if i dont find one the first 1100.00 takes it

Katshot
09-23-03, 09:11 AM
That certainly wasn't a great deal huh? In your area, there are plenty of yards to call. I used to use one called Hunts Point. Their phone number is/was 800-221-8151.
Good luck.

El Dobro
09-23-03, 08:32 PM
Do a search on the internet and it probably wouldn't hurt checking out eBay too.

elwesso
09-23-03, 08:37 PM
FWIW, id spend the extra money to get a new crate motor....... It will sort of give you a fresh start on maintance, and you WILL maintain it PERFECT!!!

Check ebay........

BeelzeBob
09-24-03, 08:51 AM
FWIW, id spend the extra money to get a new crate motor....... It will sort of give you a fresh start on maintance, and you WILL maintain it PERFECT!!!

Check ebay........

A new crate motor? Northstar? What's that like $8000.00?

Topitoff.. I think the junk yard is the way to go if you're on a budget. Being you bought the car at an auction for $2k, I'm assuming you don't have the cash lying around to buy a new engine...

elwesso
09-24-03, 04:45 PM
I dont think their that expensive..... A new short block shouldnt be more than 4500.......

A new LONGBLOCK, though, could be 8000 easily........

jonrodman
09-24-03, 10:56 PM
Hello i brought a clean ass caddilac sedan deville concour and it was clean from a auction only paid 2000.00 us i live in nyc and i got it home turn the key and nothing so i took it to the shop and he told me the motor is blown so now i have a clean ass car no dents paint is excellent and inside is pefect

Do anyone have a northstar motor or do anyone know where i can get one from please help me fellow caddilac members thanks

if i dont find one the first 1100.00 takes it
There are over 100 North Star Engines listed for sale at www.car-parts.com They range in price from $1000 to $3500. I have not seen any North Star engines on ebay, but sometimes cars with bad transmissions or body damage sell for under $1000. One recently sold with a knocking engine and a used replacement engine on a pallet for $950. They are available used.