: Carbon Engine Cover and Wheels (Pics)

ssmith100
02-11-05, 09:57 AM
Pics I took at the Superbowl. Sorry so late.

Shane

urbanski
02-11-05, 11:26 AM
looking at those wheels.....
let's just say i'm glad i called John at CCW yesterday :)

Dreamin
02-11-05, 12:01 PM
let's just say i'm glad i called John at CCW yesterday
and....???.... is your wallett much lighter now... or was it "just a call" :D

urbanski
02-11-05, 12:34 PM
and....???.... is your wallett much lighter now... or was it "just a call" :D
i don't want to hijack Shane's thread....my wallet is almost lighter, he's working on a new finish for me....i will post about it when I know for sure. :)

SBONES
02-11-05, 03:40 PM
my dealer is telling me that its backordered or he cant get it for some reason....

ctsvett
02-11-05, 07:18 PM
The carbon fiber kit is NOT yet released. It will be released very soon and is undergoing final qualifications.

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

ssmith100
02-11-05, 10:19 PM
For those thinking of purchasing the carbon fiber stuff..............it looks horrible in person. I really wanted to like it.........but NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Shane

BowenCT
02-11-05, 10:29 PM
I agree 100% In person.............in picture..............the shit is hidious!

BliTzer
02-11-05, 11:21 PM
Hmmm.. Kachina Cadillac & Hummer In Scottsdale Arizona Has my V right now, putting on the VTech Supercharger, and that same exact Carbon Fiber cover.. So it has to released or somebody has it.. Marty Liddel, the sales manager and Lund performance parts is who has it for me. They are holding it until the supercharger is completed to make sure it is going to fit. If not they said it might haave to retro fitted.. Anyway, the number is 480-945-1200 Ask to speak to Marty Liddel.. Also, if you haave any other doubts on any thing about the V parts, accessories ask for Ed barowsky..
They are both great guys, and they have done a great job helping me build my CTS-V into a true machine of art.. I will be close to 600 hp after all is completed..
Suppose to get back i hope monday the latest, might get it saturday, but i doubt it, they still had to Dyno test it, put the carbon f on it, oil change & chk all fluids including the rear end diff. I will post pics monday or tuesday whenever i get it back, that afternoon.. I cant wait.. ;)

Later.. blitzer ;)

ctsv27
02-16-05, 04:27 PM
How much are the charging for the supercharger installed?

lawfive
02-16-05, 04:56 PM
For those thinking of purchasing the carbon fiber stuff..............it looks horrible in person. I really wanted to like it.........but NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Shane

OK, so it's not just me. I looked at the picture and said, "Man, that's fugly. Different strokes, I guess."

And, of course, my wife responded, "Jer, you're talking to yourself again."

lasstss
02-16-05, 06:42 PM
Is this the Specter stuff? I ordered the radiator cover. If its a dog, I will get it painted gloss black.

doogie48084
06-13-05, 02:06 PM
their carbon fiber has improved.

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20050613/10/4/3/4/434c98270bc251b45a5ab5663fe3b4120_full.jpg

V-seriesTech
06-13-05, 02:20 PM
Question guys, anyone know eher to find the radiator shroud cover in CARBON?

Thanks

lasstss
06-13-05, 02:23 PM
Question guys, anyone know eher to find the radiator shroud cover in CARBON?

Thanks

Yep, specter sells it also. Its very thin. I recommend cementing it to the existing cover.

V-seriesTech
06-13-05, 02:57 PM
Yep, specter sells it also. Its very thin. I recommend cementing it to the existing cover.

really, wow. I'd like to see it. I'll have to see if we can order something like that. In your opinion, how does it look? Any idea price? I'll ultimatly have my parts guy call them but, your opinion is important to me.

Thanks, james

CVP33
06-13-05, 08:29 PM
For the money I think it looks shit-tastic. I can think of 10 mods I'd rather have first before I spend that kind of green on this.

***Disclaimer - Mods refers to car parts and accessories which enhance the performance and / or appearance of said vehicle. Mods does not refer to air fresheners, curb feelers, fuzzy dice, under car neon or boob jobs.***

slow35th
06-13-05, 09:55 PM
Mods does not refer to (deleted usless crap) boob jobs.***

You are wrong my friend. I think a boob job is a nice mod.

lawfive
06-13-05, 10:20 PM
Yeah, and don't eff with my fuzzy dice!!

HomerJay
06-13-05, 10:32 PM
Hmmm.. Kachina Cadillac & Hummer In Scottsdale Arizona Has my V right now, putting on the VTech Supercharger, and that same exact Carbon Fiber cover.. So it has to released or somebody has it.. Marty Liddel, the sales manager and Lund performance parts is who has it for me. They are holding it until the supercharger is completed to make sure it is going to fit. If not they said it might haave to retro fitted.. Anyway, the number is 480-945-1200 Ask to speak to Marty Liddel.. Also, if you haave any other doubts on any thing about the V parts, accessories ask for Ed barowsky..
They are both great guys, and they have done a great job helping me build my CTS-V into a true machine of art.. I will be close to 600 hp after all is completed..
Suppose to get back i hope monday the latest, might get it saturday, but i doubt it, they still had to Dyno test it, put the carbon f on it, oil change & chk all fluids including the rear end diff. I will post pics monday or tuesday whenever i get it back, that afternoon.. I cant wait.. ;)

Later.. blitzer ;)

So Kachina is installing your supercharger kit? Did I get that right and it is called the VTech kit? Is that something different than the magnuson supercharger kits? If it is Kachina or Lund(also mentioned in post) could you please PM or email the persons contact info. I am out here in AZ also and am looking to get mine supercharged, would like to get as much info as I can on dealer installed charger kits. Thanks!

lasstss
06-13-05, 10:36 PM
really, wow. I'd like to see it. I'll have to see if we can order something like that. In your opinion, how does it look? Any idea price? I'll ultimatly have my parts guy call them but, your opinion is important to me.

Thanks, james
I think it was $200 for the rad cover. Its OK, they need a lot more practice to get it right and its thin as a potato chip.
Ill sell mine for $100 if someone wants it.
Im just not a fan of carbon fiber.

wildwhl
06-13-05, 10:47 PM
Guys,

For what they want to sell these carbon parts, just do a google for "vacuum bagging" and pull a female mold from your existing parts (mold release is key) and bag your own with a combo glass/urethane mold. Carbon really isn't that expensive, and you'll only need like 2.7oz cloth on the surface and back it up with some S-glass on a bias (maybe a couple of layers of 3.0oz) for torsional stiffness. You could add .75 or 1.4 oz glass on the exterior surface just to help hold the epoxy in the matrix and give you a little bit better finish. The final key will be heat curing the parts while still in your mold/form (the inside of your trunk will work if it is still in the bag so it doesn't stink up the car).

Just a thought. I've done quite a bit of baggin in my life and though the engine cover would be a little tough - it is doable.

Just my .02

JBeechel
06-13-05, 11:18 PM
Jay up at Lund will take care of it (just ask for Jay in Performance), or any service manager at Kachina will help you out and install it... about 10K.

HomerJay
06-14-05, 08:36 PM
Jay up at Lund will take care of it (just ask for Jay in Performance), or any service manager at Kachina will help you out and install it... about 10K.

Are you talking about the supercharger kit or the carbon fiber stuff?