: bummer, 2 of our 4 center caps stolen

jnrsesv
06-24-13, 12:40 PM
Well fellows my idea of using 3M two sided automotive tape to secure the center OEM caps to the wheels did not pan out so good.

My wife took our 3 daughters to the matinee yesterday in a safe part of town, when they arrived home 2 hours later both drivers side caps gone.

Replacements ordered (Ebay $140.00 shipped) and will be here Tuesday.

Back to the drawing board.

the cadillac man
06-24-13, 12:51 PM
Well fellows my idea of using 3M two sided automotive tape to secure the center OEM caps to the wheels did not pan out so good.

My wife took our 3 daughters to the matinee yesterday in a safe part of town, when they arrived home 2 hours later both drivers side caps gone.

Replacements ordered (Ebay $140.00 shipped) and will be here Tuesday.

Back to the drawing board.

Ouch that sucks man but I know how you feel
I had one of mine stolen at my local collage when I was in my classes(and I park in the handicap spot to where it can be seen from the admins of the collage) to beat it all it was the front passenger side which is facing the window where it could be seen
I got a cheap replacement till I can get the gold logo versions

Mark Edward Morrison
06-24-13, 08:22 PM
They make center cap locks, they are basically a metal cable that goes behind one of the lugs if I am not mistaken and then ( the bad part) you drill a hole through the center cap that locks to the cable and then to the lug. I do not have these, I have just seen them on the Internet. Maybe a possibility on your next caps? That sucks that you just can't have anything nice anymore......

the cadillac man
06-24-13, 09:23 PM
They make center cap locks, they are basically a metal cable that goes behind one of the lugs if I am not mistaken and then ( the bad part) you drill a hole through the center cap that locks to the cable and then to the lug. I do not have these, I have just seen them on the Internet. Maybe a possibility on your next caps? That sucks that you just can't have anything nice anymore......

I have seen those on eBay and have thought of getting a set when I get my replacement caps

2005_ESCALADE
06-26-13, 07:04 PM
one fell off of mine, but i have the cheap no logo ones.

Are your sure your wife isn't driving recklessly spinning caps!?!?

bigksone
06-26-13, 09:33 PM

Had my caps stolen a few years ago. Center cap locks are the way to go. Had them on my 04 and now on my 08. Paid $80 bucks installed. The set I have doesn't use the cable though, it's drilled through center cap into hub and secured with a locking bolt. Haven't had a cap stolen since. I can't even count how many escapades I see on a daily basis missing center caps here in NY.

jnrsesv
06-27-13, 08:03 AM
Are your sure your wife isn't driving recklessly spinning caps!?!?

Nah the wife's driving habits had nothing to do with the caps being stolen. I had used 3M tape to secure the caps onto the rims in a hope that it would deter would be thieves.

Center cap locks are the way to go. Had them on my 04 and now on my 08. Paid $80 bucks installed. The set I have doesn't use the cable though, it's drilled through center cap into hub and secured with a locking bolt.

Hmmm even though I don't dig the drill a hole option this may be the way to go.

Silent_Assasin
06-28-13, 01:07 AM
Sorry to hear that man! ....but I agree with *2005 escalade*....I couldn't imagine 3m tape does a very good job of holding on center caps!?!?...maybe I dont understand exactly what you mean! ...also im starting to learn that there isn't any part of town that is safe from thieves anymore! seems they get younger and younger everyday!

bigksone
07-18-13, 12:07 AM

the cadillac man
07-18-13, 02:32 AM
Sorry to hear that man! ....but I agree with *2005 escalade*....I couldn't imagine 3m tape does a very good job of holding on center caps!?!?...maybe I dont understand exactly what you mean! ...also im starting to learn that there isn't any part of town that is safe from thieves anymore! seems they get younger and younger everyday!

That and the drug users it sucks I know as I had one stolen back of this and I don't feel like paying the dealer price for one (I got a used one as a temp) I am planning on getting some where the logo is colored like the one on the truck