: Service suspension system

02caddilade
06-24-13, 12:36 PM
I can't believe before I can take care if one issue another pops up, i just girbthis thing in march,this time it says service suspension system, I could always here the compressor running rite after I started it but today I couldn't hear it then the warning came on, any ideas?

02caddilade
06-24-13, 03:47 PM
Anyone know where the relay is I can check?

Ran-Dom32
06-24-13, 04:05 PM
I feel your pain.... I got my '07 in April & its been one thing after another... & I just spent $600 on a new arnott compressor & rear shocks... I doubt its the relay , its under the hood near the main fuse box, small square box... & I just wasted $50 at napa hoping this was the problem, do a you tube search & there are video's how to trouble shoot the system.. odds are your compressor is shot & so are the air shocks, good luck

----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ub_AdR7pTY

this guy has some good info on how to test your air ride system.. check out his other video's , it shows how to test the relay, hopefully it will save you time & money, read the comments below his video's.. good info. I spent alot of time reading up last week .. everything points back to a bad compressor in my case

xlraw
06-24-13, 09:16 PM
I have the same problem on my 07 escalade and I was told that the escm need to be replaced and it costs around 500 but I want to get a second opinion b4 I do any repairs. The youtube video is short r there any other videos.

02caddilade
06-24-13, 09:29 PM
I think I'll just get all the problems fixed then sell it and get into something less problematic , it's a shame I always have loved Cadillac

xlraw
06-24-13, 09:42 PM
Sorry to hear that but I haven't had any problems other than this but that's the price you pay for cadillac I will keep u posted what I find out.

BEarle
06-24-13, 11:02 PM
It also could be a snapped rear link. They are like 10 bucks and u can put it in urself.

02caddilade
06-24-13, 11:48 PM
It also could be a snapped rear link. They are like 10 bucks and u can put it in urself. I'm not familiar with the rear link, what is it/ where is it? Thank

Ran-Dom32
06-25-13, 09:08 AM
I think he is talking about the linkage that moves the sensor for the ride height, its behind the rear wheels,

02caddilade
06-25-13, 01:56 PM
It seems to be working again today,

Ran-Dom32
06-25-13, 02:33 PM
mine does the same thing ... I get the service suspension system message every once & a while... drives me nuts

escalade kidd
06-25-13, 09:58 PM
Mine is going in to the dealer on Monday for suspension system service. I will let you know the outcome.

Ran-Dom32
07-03-13, 11:32 AM
I have the same problem on my 07 escalade and I was told that the escm need to be replaced and it costs around 500 but I want to get a second opinion b4 I do any repairs. The youtube video is short r there any other videos.

I ended up having to change this module as well, found a used on e on ebay for $175, (this is after I changed the compressor, shocks & relay) there was really nothing left... finally everything is functioning properly & no service lights, what next?? lol

xlraw
07-29-13, 06:31 PM
Ok i just got around to fixing my suspension problem after going to the gm dealership and spending 300 for them to tell me what the problem was. I ended up replacing the front sensor and air compressor which i got from gmpartsdirect way cheaper than the dealership. Problem fixed no more service suspension system.Total cost around 550 with labour. Another problem I have is going over small bumps and hearing squeaks from front end. Any ideas.

Ran-Dom32
07-30-13, 05:03 PM
Front Shocks? IDK , I'm just happy I've gone a few weeks with everything functioning properly!!!

blackex
07-30-13, 05:11 PM
Sounds like your front struts are needing to be replaced as well. Just went through this entire process with my rear needing to be replaced and then the front struts needing to be replaced. Definitely not cheap but I didn't go through the dealer either.

xlraw
09-20-13, 06:43 PM
Well I just finished changing my front and rear shocks with arnott and it was worth it I can feel the ride much smoother. Total cost around 900. My next project is my brakes which are being done next week with max performance rotors. After that will be the tires next summer. I will keep u posted how that comes out.