: gas in oil

black45
02-10-05, 10:03 PM
i have a 95 sts and i pulled out the oil stick and i could smell gas on the stick what could it be

eldorado1
02-10-05, 10:17 PM
stuck open injector, or leaking fuel pressure regulator... that's about it. Unless you make really short trips, and the engine never gets warm......

Ranger
02-10-05, 10:29 PM
Most likely a leaky injector. A leaky FPR would leak into the manifold and be burned upon starting. A leaky injector will leak into the cylinder and seep passed the rings into the oil overnight.

black45
02-13-05, 07:40 PM
motor wont turn over could it be locked up

dkozloski
02-13-05, 08:46 PM
You've hydraulic locked the engine with raw fuel. Take out the sparkplugs and motor the engine with the starter. The cylinder that shoots gas out the sparkplug hole has the bad injector. Have a fire extinguisher handy.

Ranger
02-13-05, 09:45 PM
motor wont turn over could it be locked up
Ooh! You didn't say that at first. Yeah sure sounds like it's hydrolocked. Follow Dkozloski's advice.

mcowden
02-13-05, 09:58 PM
Yep, I agree with dkozloski and ranger, as usual. If you don't want to turn it over with the plugs out, at least take them out and look in the cylinders. One of them will have liquid gasoline in it. Replace the injector for that cylinder, or at least get it out of there and clean it or have it cleaned. You might also want to replace the fuel filter, in case the filter itself has been breached and let a bunch of crud through that led to your stuck injector. If you haven't had the fuel rail recall done yet, now might be the time to call the dealership.

You will have to get the liquid fuel out of the cylinder before you try to start it again. Do dkozloski's procedure or siphon it out somehow, but don't try to turn it over with the spark plug back in there until you get the fluid out or you'll really be up a creek.

Good luck... Let us know how it works out.

eldorado1
02-14-05, 10:43 PM
Please don't use the starter. Put an appropriate wrench on the harmonic balancer bolt, and turn the engine that way. It should spin pretty freely without plugs. Otherwise, you need to disconnect the coil pack power connector, or else you'll get nasty sparks, and sparks don't like gasoline much. Then, I'd still be a bit worried about the starter solenoid.... Either way, be careful.