: Finally got on a dyno, Cam, Longtubes, CAI, Tune

farsighted770
06-24-13, 12:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkXaPv06UX0

not bad at all :D
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/Farsighted770/IMG_1006_zpsbcb5daec.jpg

The induction pickup for the dyno got wonky hence the spike in the graph, mustang dyno readings though, not bad at all. I gave a bunch of thanks in the vid, but in particular here i wanted to say thanks to TheBigJimSHO as it started out as his project and grew from there.

she's running great aside from needing new shocks(maintenance) and we couldn't be happier with her. :D

odthetruth
06-24-13, 01:26 AM
Cam specs?
What'd you make? Just over 400?

farsighted770
06-24-13, 01:49 AM
Cam specs?
What'd you make? Just over 400?

TSP Torquer v3 (link below), power is in the vid too, and on the sheet. But yeah 408 rwhp, 363 rwtq, tthats on a mustang dyno, one thats notoriously stingy at that, on a dynojet it would have been closer to 430 rwhp. :D

http://texas-speed.com/p-1150-texas-speed-torquer-v3-231234-643598-camshaft.aspx (pretty sure i'm cut on a 114 LSA, but i'd have to look at the card to be 100%)

izcain
06-24-13, 08:35 PM
sounds good man!

robojesus
06-24-13, 09:23 PM
it pisses me off when people say their dyno is "notoriously stingy"... everyone says that. I've never heard someone say "this dyno reads really high, it's sick. it just gives you high numbers like it's nothing."

and btw, if you were on an eddy roller dynojet, it would read very closely to what the mustang dyno did.

HAMSTAR
06-24-13, 10:08 PM
Nice broad torque band from about 3800 RPM and up due to the split duration. However, it looks like you need to up your rev limiter. You're 500-1000 RPM away from your peak. Your cam is under-exploited.

What LSA? I'm guessing 114 due to the later HP peak?

rand49er
06-25-13, 07:10 AM
... I've never heard someone say "this dyno reads really high, it's sick. it just gives you high numbers like it's nothing." ...Twitch says that all the time about the dyno I used. :rolleyes:

thebigjimsho
06-26-13, 12:35 PM
Wha happun?

Pillow
06-27-13, 03:34 PM
Stock heads/beehive springs?

farsighted770
07-09-13, 12:17 AM
it pisses me off when people say their dyno is "notoriously stingy"... everyone says that. I've never heard someone say "this dyno reads really high, it's sick. it just gives you high numbers like it's nothing."

and btw, if you were on an eddy roller dynojet, it would read very closely to what the mustang dyno did.

If that's the worst of your problems you're doin well, lol

I'm just telling you back to back dyno pulls same air/baro temp/humidity goin 5 miles down the road measuring the same IAT's there is a marked, quantifiable difference from this mustang to the local dynojet, and from that dynojet to another one 10'more miles down the road there is less than a half percent difference. :dunno why it is what it is... but it is.

Ps. To my mind the only things loaded dynos are good for is tuning, and that's how i use em. (Hpt, like a bawss) mph at the track is your true measuring stick for power.

Nice broad torque band from about 3800 RPM and up due to the split duration. However, it looks like you need to up your rev limiter. You're 500-1000 RPM away from your peak. Your cam is under-exploited.

What LSA? I'm guessing 114 due to the later HP peak?

Yep. Nothing a fast 90/92 intake and a gentle massage on these heads wouldn't cure... Not that I wanna go through that... If anything the car may get a whipple in the next few years if my gal doesn't want to convert to the new chevy Ss she's been eyeing.

Stock heads/beehive springs?

Stock heads PAC dual springs.

liqidvenom
07-12-13, 03:00 AM
what caused that peak an dip?

DougNuts
07-12-13, 08:02 AM

I have.

alradco
07-12-13, 11:11 AM
One of my cars varied about 40 whp from a Dynojet to a mustang dyno. Car ran great and was trapping consistently but I would say the mustang was more accurate on power.

Nice numbers. That's plenty of power to run around town :)