: Easiet/cheapest way to 500hp?

akm2k5
02-10-05, 09:58 PM
Currently, I am researching the ctsv and the 300c SRT8. I was wondering how easy it would be to get to 500hp (crank) in a CTSV without the use of superchargers.. and how cheap it would be. (Im basically looking for a list of parts I would need to change and how much they cost). Thanks for any help... sorry for the noob questions.http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

wildwhl
02-10-05, 11:25 PM
Nitrous.

akm2k5
02-11-05, 01:31 AM
besides nitrous... :) .. I mean stuff like bolt ones, pulleys... intake manifolds...

V-seriesTech
02-11-05, 07:29 AM
nitrous nitrous, and nitrous. Really. Alot of people should consider nitrous more.

There is soo many ways to get power,...here they are, in any order.

1.Supercharger(procharger/Vortech/maggie) Tuning(for safety and power), full exhaust

2.Heads and cam with a full exhaust system and serious tuning not to mention a steeper gear,...like a 3.73, or a 3.90....even a 4.10/11(gear not used to make power, just to keep the usually higher reving package in it's torque curve).

Both of those setups are good for over 500 hp.

Depends who you go to also. I have seen tuning wizards make 60 or more horsepower at the wheels on a dyno plenty of times, and still keeping cars safe and driveable.

trukk
02-11-05, 12:00 PM
not to mention a steeper gear,...like a 3.73, or a 3.90....even a 4.10/11(gear not used to make power, just to keep the usually higher reving package in it's torque curve).

FYI,

CTS-V Final drive ratio: 3.73

Sorry but I don't have a laundry list of specific components for you. You may want to consider one of the tuner packages from Mallett, LPE or More Performance.

-Chris

V-seriesTech
02-11-05, 12:06 PM
FYI,

CTS-V Final drive ratio: 3.73

Sorry but I don't have a laundry list of specific components for you. You may want to consider one of the tuner packages from Mallett, LPE or More Performance.

-Chris

correct..I was thinking C5,..3.42 final drive, we recently installed a getrag 3.73 replacement unit.

willsctsv
02-11-05, 08:34 PM
I don't know what the stock heads are like, but there probably not bad considering were getting 400 hp from this motor. If there is room for some improvement, I would Imagine you could pick up close to 75 or so extra horses with a very high performance set of heads, roller rockers, perhaps mill the heads to bump up compreesion, agressive cam, headers, inatake exhaust, and newly calibrated chip.. Car may have a rough idle but the right head work can give Gobs of HP. If all of this is done you should be able to pull 25% more power from this engine.. There's your 500 HP and probably about 5-6K in mods. Anyone think is far off the mark? Like I said, I don't know what the stock heads look like.

akm2k5
02-11-05, 11:23 PM
thanks guys...