: Fuel in oil

paclives
06-24-13, 01:25 AM
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have been searching the forum for my particular problem to no avail...maybe my google fu is weak. Anyway, checking my oil this morning due to the fact (as we all know) that my 2004 V8 Northstar SRX drinks it like chocolate milk. To my surprise, my oil level had actually increased since I checked it last, I did the good ol' smell test and it reeks of fuel. Any ideas on where the fuel is coming from and how involved a fix would be? Thanks in advance!

P.S. Mileage is 203,XXX if that matters :)

repnatl
06-24-13, 10:09 AM
I've had that happen before in a Honda after doing mpfi conversion because my injectors were sticking open instead of pulsing. I was also shooting fuel out the exhaust. I would look into maybe sticking injectors bad fuel pressure regulator possibly intake gaskets.

conedoctor
06-24-13, 11:43 AM
Just to clear things up, the V8 does not usually use oil it is the V6 that has oil issues.

I would change it and keep an eye on it and see if it happens again, do you have a dead cylinder or any DTC's

paclives
06-24-13, 03:06 PM
I get an intermittent P0420 (have had it for a while, mechanic said it was just the sensors). No other codes other than that one.

SFVetteman
06-24-13, 03:22 PM
I get an intermittent P0420 (have had it for a while, mechanic said it was just the sensors). No other codes other than that one. a sticking fuel injector can affect the cat performance on that cylinder bank and trigger a P0420 code.

Bill

conedoctor
06-24-13, 03:35 PM
Agreed, start there.

Mechanic said it was just sensors, is he waiting for the light to get brighter or flash......

paclives
06-24-13, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys, great community :)

conedoctor
06-24-13, 07:39 PM
Well lets see, you searched then you posted a question with punctuation capitals and some sort of structure and more than 3 words. Great way to ask for help IMO.

paclives
07-01-13, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, quick update if anyone ever runs into the same problem. There was indeed an injector leaking after the engine was shut down, caught in time and replaced (to include o rings of course). Thanks again!

repnatl
07-01-13, 08:41 PM
Awesome glad we can help.