: 06 Escalade shudder shifting from 1st to 2nd gear..

Ikillrinst
06-24-13, 12:57 AM
Before I start I searched the forums and the web and could not find any info trustworthy...

Just noticed today a slight shudder from first to second.. Happens every time... If I get on it from a dead stop it doesnt seem to happen.. but is also harder to tell... normal driving it happens every time from 1st to 2nd.... I was thinking a possible bad Shift solenoid...
I found some info also stating that it could be something with the Generator Voltage Sense Circuit interfering with the Solenoids operation?? Appreciate any and all help.. I am a jobber and currently out of my normal line of work due to layoffs.. and money is tight...

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-24-13, 03:43 PM
Before I start I searched the forums and the web and could not find any info trustworthy...

Just noticed today a slight shudder from first to second.. Happens every time... If I get on it from a dead stop it doesnt seem to happen.. but is also harder to tell... normal driving it happens every time from 1st to 2nd.... I was thinking a possible bad Shift solenoid...
I found some info also stating that it could be something with the Generator Voltage Sense Circuit interfering with the Solenoids operation?? Appreciate any and all help.. I am a jobber and currently out of my normal line of work due to layoffs.. and money is tight...

Hello Ikillrinst,

I apologize for the shudder issue you are experiencing. If you private message me with your VIN and current mileage, I am more than happy to further research on your behalf.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service