: Looking to Buy a 2005 Escalade ESV

VQT
06-24-13, 12:38 AM
Hello everyone,

A friend of a friend is offer to sell their 05 Escalade ESV, it has 121,xxx miles. The ceiling where the after market DVD has been cut and the DVD is gone. Codition is about average or better. I have not personally seen the car yet.

How much woud you pay for said car?

Thanks,

appleroma
06-24-13, 10:50 PM
i will pay the same number as the mileage

VQT
06-24-13, 11:08 PM
Please explain a little more on what you said. mileage 121,xxx do you mean $12K

i will pay the same number as the mileage

Jophusp
06-25-13, 09:57 AM
There are a lot of variables to consider here man. First off, you need to see, and drive it for yourself. does it run good? hows the tranny? is everything stock? whats been replaced? do you want the overhead dvd? What size wheels? do all the windows work? the seats, does it have navigation? I could just sit here, and go on. I would say bottom Price I have seen on a good 05 Lade with that mileage is around 11,000 with no major problems, but most will be asking for more like 14,000-15,000.

icaddy
06-26-13, 01:10 PM
Please explain a little more on what you said. mileage 121,xxx do you mean $12K

Yes, that's what I mean

2005_ESCALADE
06-26-13, 07:00 PM
Yes, that's what I mean

So if it has 151,xxx you'll pay 15k? lol!

the cadillac man
06-26-13, 10:39 PM
What about 160k would you pay 16k for it?

Hehe

Silent_Assasin
06-27-13, 12:51 AM
Hello everyone,

A friend of a friend is offer to sell their 05 Escalade ESV, it has 121,xxx miles. The ceiling where the after market DVD has been cut and the DVD is gone. Codition is about average or better. I have not personally seen the car yet.

How much woud you pay for said car?

Thanks,

I paid $18,900 for my SUPER clean '05 EXT with a little over 65k miles on it! .... Hope that helps!

----------

So if it has 151,xxx you'll pay 15k? lol! Good one! LOL :histeric:

VQT
06-28-13, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the reply,

From the pictures they sent me, at one time there was an after market DVD but has been taken out and there is a long cut on the ceiling where the after market DVD was. The transmission was replace at about 85K, I have not ask if the ESV has navigation or not yet. Still waiting on what price they want to sell for for me to make a decision to go take a look or not. It is about 300 miles away from my house after all.

So with that said,if the bottom price is less than $10K should be alright price provided that everythings work mechanically and no major blemish...

Does the 05 Escalade ESV navigation has the factory backup camera?

There are a lot of variables to consider here man. First off, you need to see, and drive it for yourself. does it run good? hows the tranny? is everything stock? whats been replaced? do you want the overhead dvd? What size wheels? do all the windows work? the seats, does it have navigation? I could just sit here, and go on. I would say bottom Price I have seen on a good 05 Lade with that mileage is around 11,000 with no major problems, but most will be asking for more like 14,000-15,000.

Jophusp
06-28-13, 10:08 AM
If the asking price is less than 10k, you cant go wrong, as long as there are no major problems. A price like that leaves some wiggle room, for small repairs, replacement overhead DVD, tires etc. while still staying in the good price range. If you are willing to travel, there are a good bit of great deals on escalades. If it has factory Nav. then it should have factory Backup camera.

rfishoutofwater
06-28-13, 11:44 AM
We have an 05 esv platinum with factory nav and we do not have a back up camera. I dont believe they were available yet. Ours has every option there was at the time.

the cadillac man
06-28-13, 11:52 AM
We have an 05 esv platinum with factory nav and we do not have a back up camera. I dont believe they were available yet. Ours has every option there was at the time.

They wasn't a factory back up can till I think 07 or 08

VQT
06-28-13, 10:59 PM
Thank you all for the response. So, definitely no backup for 05 ESV with Navigation.

the cadillac man
06-29-13, 01:24 AM
Thank you all for the response. So, definitely no backup for 05 ESV with Navigation.

Yep unless you do some work