: New CTS Coupe -AWD owner...

Oz Sr
06-23-13, 11:47 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm taken delivery of my 'NEW' 2013 (Black Raven) CTS Coupe -AWD tomorrow & was wondering is you have any suggestions for me??? FYI; I'm also a member of a Corvette Forum (I've been the proud owner of a 'Black' 1959 Corvette for some time), so I know how helpful these forums can be... :gossip:

gohawks63
06-24-13, 01:28 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm taken delivery of my 'NEW' 2013 (Black Raven) CTS Coupe -AWD tomorrow & was wondering is you have any suggestions for me??? FYI; I'm also a member of a Corvette Forum (I've been the proud owner of a 'Black' 1959 Corvette for some time now, so I know how helpful these forums can be... :gossip:

Just enjoy it. Congrats.

Bullitt
06-24-13, 09:01 AM
Just enjoy it. Congrats.

and post some pictures.

OMG
06-24-13, 11:03 AM
Haha welcome! I'm also a member of the corvette forum but mostly hang out in it now. You'll find many other members also..

tinman
06-24-13, 11:50 AM
Good to have you with us, Oz Sr.

sliderule01
06-24-13, 07:19 PM
Make sure you wash the car regularly. Absolutely immediately remove any bird doo or leaves. The sap kills the clear coat. Also the paint is very soft. It is very easily scratched and the clear coat is very easily destroyed by leaves. My black raven wagon clearcoat was destroyed by leaves and sap. Bird poop also trashed it.

dan87951
06-25-13, 11:40 AM
I love black but boy is it hard to keep clean!

Oz Sr
06-26-13, 12:33 PM
sliderule01 ... Thanks for the tips, I always keep it in a garage along with my '59 ->Black<- Corvette (Lots of car wash fluid used @ this house)

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-26-13, 04:04 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm taken delivery of my 'NEW' 2013 (Black Raven) CTS Coupe -AWD tomorrow & was wondering is you have any suggestions for me??? FYI; I'm also a member of a Corvette Forum (I've been the proud owner of a 'Black' 1959 Corvette for some time), so I know how helpful these forums can be... :gossip:

Hello Oz Sr,

Congrats on delivery of your 2013 CTS Coupe! I am sure you will love the vehicle. Be sure to post pictures so we can all admire the beauty also :)

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Oz Sr
06-28-13, 05:19 PM
Pictures are coming... as soon as I figure out how to post them.

RAB
06-28-13, 06:25 PM
:welcome: Congrats!!

Oz Sr, for posting photos here I recommend using the free image hosting service Photobucket.com - it's what I've been using for years.
You just upload your photo files to photobucket, then paste the provided image file code for each photo into your forum post.

jghiller
06-29-13, 02:04 PM
Don't forget to read the owners manual at least once.

ctspremium
06-29-13, 10:17 PM
Congrats, but you are aware that you probably do not have a spare tire, only a pump & a can of sealant to inject into a tire that is punctured.

You probably have only a small space in the trunk where you can only store the pump & sealant. No place to store a spare unless you keep it in floor of your trunk.

I know because I own one of these and in Raven Black also.

HGK2
06-30-13, 03:01 PM
I have the same car. The black raven scratches ridiculously easy. Don't use a car duster brush to clean anything but pollen off the car or you'll scratch it. Remove the tags off microfiber towels or you will scratch it. Be very careful with any car polish or you'll scratch it. Don't use your finger or fingernail to carefully remove anything stuck on the paint or you will scratch it. Did I say be careful that the paint scratches easily?

hauler
06-30-13, 09:54 PM
Welcome aboard! I'm another c1c2 forum transplant. (magicv8)

Oz Sr
07-01-13, 08:25 AM
I'm just reading about the paint, I guess I should have log on here BEFORE I bought... But the black IS beautiful (when clean). If anyone is into Corvettes here's a link to my baby: http://www.corvettefever.com/featuredvehicles/corp_0908_1959_chevrolet_corvette/ (also in black).