: Best product for leather dash and seats

dmeray1
06-23-13, 07:27 PM
What products work best for the leather dash and seats. I am concerned about the heat that the dash will have in the sun and whether a particular product stands up to the heat.

gohawks63
06-23-13, 07:49 PM
What products work best for the leather dash and seats. I am concerned about the heat that the dash will have in the sun and whether a particular product stands up to the heat.

I use Lexol on the seats.

On the dash I use Meguiar's Interior Detailer.

Jagillac
06-23-13, 10:52 PM
I switched to Zaino and use their Zaino leather clean and leather protector. When I used the cleaner the first time it removed everything and took it back to how it was from the factory. The protector dried almost immediately and doesn't give the leather or dash a really shinny finish. More close to a satin finish. The best part was the smell but it just gives the interior a really old school real rich leather smell. I love it!.

Hyphymikey
06-24-13, 05:40 AM
The dash isn't real leather so don't waste the good stuff on it, I use Zaino leather in a bottle for the seats, cheaper stuff on the dash and doors. I'll throw some Zaino on the dash every so often. I like the matte look, not greasy.

gohawks63
06-24-13, 01:28 PM
I use Lexol on the seats.

On the dash I use Meguiar's Interior Detailer.

Just for everyone's information since I didn't state it, but the Meguiar's interior Detailer does not leave a greasy sheen.

arw1510
06-24-13, 02:48 PM
303 aerospace protectant usually yields good results

tinman
06-25-13, 11:23 AM
And Griot's is also good. Different products for the leather as well as the vinyl dressing.

jimmie jam
06-30-13, 09:23 AM
I believe that our leather is "painted" and not "tanned" therefore, the products the are made to saturate and condition leather are a waist of money because they can't be absorbed. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have used these products but find that Woolite mixed with water @ 10:1 makes a good but mild cleaner. Then rinse throughly with water and dry. FWIW.

krenzema
06-30-13, 11:38 AM
303 aerospace protectant usually yields good results

303 rocks on plastics. Way better than the competitions products. It lasts longer under the elements and has great UV protection. Nice product.

gohawks63
06-30-13, 09:35 PM
I believe that our leather is "painted" and not "tanned" therefore, the products the are made to saturate and condition leather are a waist of money because they can't be absorbed. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have used these products but find that Woolite mixed with water @ 10:1 makes a good but mild cleaner. Then rinse throughly with water and dry. FWIW.

I think there still is a need for moisturizing. I see many cars with cracked or peeling seats, yet I condition my seats and have driven them for years and have never experienced a crack. Our last Toyota Landcruiser went through 9 years, 160K miles, baby seats dogs, etc and the seats were still soft ans supple when we traded her in.

Bandit1
07-09-13, 10:13 AM
I use Aerospace 303 Vinyl Cleaner and Aerospace 303 Protectant on the dash, doors, and plastic surfaces; and use Zaino Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner and Z-10 Leather in a Bottle on the leather surfaces.