: Drag radials

lasstss
02-10-05, 07:22 PM
I noticed that BFG has 18" drag radials. Hmm time for a real quarter mile run..

V-seriesTech
02-10-05, 07:31 PM
BFG makes a sick tire, just be careful in the rain. Otherwise a nice all around tire. Kumho, belive it or not is really popular with the street racing crowd. Not sure if the track/street tire name but, i'll probably be able to find out by tonight. Great for drag racing, plus high speed stability. Something the BFG drag doesn't do past 160mph. Plus, rain driving sucks with the bfg's.

Nitto makes a nice drag radial, doesn't hook AS WELL as the BFG but, really hooks. Not to mention it's way safer in the rain.

CVP33
02-10-05, 08:33 PM
I noticed that BFG has 18" drag radials. Hmm time for a real quarter mile run..

And time for a near rear after that. Drag radials = certain death for the rear differential. Has anyone snapped a shaft yet or will lasstss be first?

turbojimmy
02-10-05, 08:36 PM
If you go with a street legal drag tire, definitely check out Mickey Thompson's drag radials. I couldn't get BFG drag radials to hook on my car to save my life. This year I've got Mickey Thompsons - they're absolutely awesome. They hook like glue and feel great on the highway. Just don't expect a lot of miles out of any drag radial.

Jim

tcb100
02-10-05, 10:06 PM
I don't know about Thompson's drag radials but the Thompson ET streets are great for drag racing (only). They are bias belted, soft sided and wrinkle a bit, taking some of the stress at launch. I would think that is a must with the CTS-V suspect diff.

lasstss
02-10-05, 11:31 PM
Well I have had great 60' times with the BFG's 1.8-2.0.
Besides, you cant get wheels BFG makes the only 18" drag tire. :sneaky:

JOEYCTS-V
02-11-05, 07:14 PM
I doubt the Mickey's come in 18's so the BFG's would be your best bet. That's the only tire I used on my 96 Z28. I got 1.6 60 foot times with them. :coolgleam