: air suspension leak down

crusher
06-23-13, 06:55 PM
Pumps up fine. Leaks down to nothing when towing about 5000 lbs. Any common areas I should look for the leak???

the cadillac man
06-23-13, 07:01 PM
Pumps up fine. Leaks down to nothing when towing about 5000 lbs. Any common areas I should look for the leak???

Spray down the rear shocks with some soapy water while working the rear of the truck while looking for bubbles
Other then that it could be the valve in the compressor sticking

wesyder
06-23-13, 09:04 PM

Both my trucks leak down.. I found the leak at the o-ring between the compressor and the dryer, both o-rings were brand new with the new compressor, i changed to a slightly thicker o-ring

crusher
06-23-13, 09:57 PM
Seems to only leak down when I have a load of the hitch. Otherwise it is fine. Strange that the compressor can't keep up with the leak when towing yet I maintain pressure for several days if i don't drive it with no load on the hitch. Hope that made sense.

wesyder
06-23-13, 11:18 PM
Seems to only leak down when I have a load of the hitch. Otherwise it is fine. Strange that the compressor can't keep up with the leak when towing yet I maintain pressure for several days if i don't drive it with no load on the hitch. Hope that made sense.

System doesn't compensate once you are moving thats why it leaks down, i can hear mine leak with a load then when i grab the air dryer and move it i can make it stop leaking, i jus pulled the unit from my 05, gonna pickup a thicker o-ring tomorrow

crusher
06-25-13, 10:12 AM
Lets us know if that fixed the problem?

wesyder
06-25-13, 04:21 PM
Lets us know if that fixed the problem?

So far i installed the o-ring and bench pressure tested it, all is good ill test it with the toy hauler 4th of july weekend, but i believe its ok, previous o-ring didn't pass pressure test