: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

bly441219
06-23-13, 06:16 PM
I just noticed that my car does not have gas cover release button so, I thought it is same as my Mercedes which locks during cars locked and open when cars unlocked. However, it does not lock anyway whatever I do. I searched and find out it is additional option. I can't believe it!!! I had so many cars and I thought every car has either lock feature or have cover release button inside even cheap cheap car. Why? Why?

Hoosier Daddy
06-23-13, 08:11 PM
I just noticed that my car does not have gas cover release button so, I thought it is same as my Mercedes which locks during cars locked and open when cars unlocked. However, it does not lock anyway whatever I do. I searched and find out it is additional option. I can't believe it!!! I had so many cars and I thought every car has either lock feature or have cover release button inside even cheap cheap car. Why? Why?
I knew before buying because it was in the brochure but was also surprised that it wasn't standard. If you park where gas theft or vandalism are a concern, you could get a locking gas cap. Not as convenient as factory locking door but may be more convenient than dealing with theft or vandalism.

It would be interesting to know Cadillac's reasoning for not making it standard. Maybe focus groups told them it wasn't important. Or maybe they realized that with the thinner lighter sheet metal in these cars a lock wouldn't keep most criminals out. If you have really studied the car you will realize the pretty extreme expensive steps Cadillac took to reduce weight. Not making a lock standard could be to save weight. I'm just thankful Cadillac doesn't charge MORE to delete features like Porsche does.

pissedoffwookiee
06-23-13, 09:57 PM

our cars don't need a locking gas cap, you can't siphon gas from them, haven't been able to in a GM car for a while. this is due to an anti fuel return feature in the fuel filler plumbing that's designed to retain gasoline in the event of a rollover. a positive consequence of this safety feature is the inability to stick a hose in it and siphon gas. a negative consequence is that criminals know this and gas stealers drill into the tank and take gas from underneath. the only reason I can see for even considering wanting a locking gas cap is to prevent vandalism such as pouring something in the tank. which is probably why the locking feature is part of the optional security pkg. I live in a nice neighborhood and haven't even heard of needing gas security by anyone i know in at least 2 decades. if your parking your ATS in the street in bad areas, then get the security pkg, I'm glad I don't have to pay for something I will most likely never need.

bly441219
06-23-13, 10:42 PM
Thanks guys! I guess I need to get locking gas cap. I am not afraid of loosing gas but, now kind of worried that someone might be put something or stealing gas cap for a fun. I hope no one doing this kind of activity for the fun but.... Might be jealous people on the street because, ATS is such a nice looking. Lol

donavo
06-23-13, 11:51 PM
this actually makes me worry.....someone at work who is very competitive just got a 328i....knowing him, i wonder if hed pour sugar in my tank cuz he knows i dont have a locking fuel door....looks like im installing a camera in the car.

73JPS
06-24-13, 12:03 AM
this actually makes me worry.....someone at work who is very competitive just got a 328i....knowing him, i wonder if hed pour sugar in my tank cuz he knows i dont have a locking fuel door....looks like im installing a camera in the car.

You mean instead of a simple locking gas cap? :bulging: :)

donavo
06-24-13, 12:23 AM
You mean instead of a simple locking gas cap? :bulging: :)

lol i seriously hate locking gas gaps for some reason....but would be a good idea.
id get the camera cuz that gives more security on other aspects. also i wanna record my canyon runs lol. ive been looking at dash cameras for a while now.

ewired
06-24-13, 02:07 AM
GoPro

donavo
06-24-13, 02:14 AM
GoPro

That is with a battery and not car connected, lacks a motion sensor and other options which I'm looking for, for security while parked

Stevo Supremo
06-24-13, 07:55 AM
Theirs tons of cars at this price range that dont have locking gas caps. Besides, cant siphon gas on new cars anyways

ewired
06-24-13, 08:34 AM
That is with a battery and not car connected, lacks a motion sensor and other options which I'm looking for, for security while parked

Oh...you said canon runs....hard to beat the quality of video you'll get in motion with a GoPro. Especially outside of the vehicle.

As far as security while parked...are you really that paranoid? This isn't a Maybach or something, nobody's eyeing your ATS enough to warrant a Camera.

rustybear3
06-24-13, 09:09 AM
By all means....hurry up and dump your cars...even if it means taking a loss!!!!! No locking gas cap...HORRORS!!!!! :crying:
Even though it's an outdated and worthless option....get rid of your ATS NOW!!!! You made a mistake of a lifetime!! Forget about the fact that Cadillac made it optional.....again; that damn if you don't want it you don't have to pay for it concept.....You have a luxury car in bad neighborhoods that put sugar in your tanks......:cookoo:......maybe it's time to move as well.....this is as egregious as the post about a luxury car like the ATS not having a change cup....seriously.....you're really upset by this?

RemaxAl
06-24-13, 09:30 AM
You could open most locking gas caps with a screw driver. Locks keep honest people honest. A true maggot sucking thief will find a way. That's their craft.

donavo
06-24-13, 11:06 AM
By all means....hurry up and dump your cars...even if it means taking a loss!!!!! No locking gas cap...HORRORS!!!!! :crying:
Even though it's an outdated and worthless option....get rid of your ATS NOW!!!! You made a mistake of a lifetime!! Forget about the fact that Cadillac made it optional.....again; that damn if you don't want it you don't have to pay for it concept.....You have a luxury car in bad neighborhoods that put sugar in your tanks......:cookoo:......maybe it's time to move as well.....this is as egregious as the post about a luxury car like the ATS not having a change cup....seriously.....you're really upset by this?

Dude chill the hell out. Nobody said anything about your mother. You get mad from the smallest things lol.

Hoosier Daddy
06-24-13, 12:28 PM
You have a luxury car in bad neighborhoods that put sugar in your tanks......:cookoo:......maybe it's time to move as well.
I've invented an engine that runs on sugar and am looking to move to a neighborhood like that so I can drive for free.

donavo
06-24-13, 12:46 PM
Oh...you said canon runs....hard to beat the quality of video you'll get in motion with a GoPro. Especially outside of the vehicle.

As far as security while parked...are you really that paranoid? This isn't a Maybach or something, nobody's eyeing your ATS enough to warrant a Camera.

doesnt matter what car u have, ur not safe from a hit and run or someone keying ur car. or trying to do some insurance fraud.

YankeeVic
06-24-13, 01:25 PM
Dude chill the hell out. Nobody said anything about your mother. You get mad from the smallest things lol.

That's kinda Rusty Bears "thing". Obnoxious is the only way he knows how to join a conversation. He HAS to interject annoying into the forum.

Caddy Chris
06-24-13, 02:12 PM
I don't think Cadillac considered that many Cadillac owners would be parking their cars where a locking gas cap was a necessity.

donavo
06-24-13, 02:26 PM
I don't think Cadillac considered that many Cadillac owners would be parking their cars where a locking gas cap was a necessity.

its not as much about safety as it is about ur friends old honda having a locking fuel door and ur cadillac not having it. would u be just fine if ur car didnt come with any alarm or door locks? and a honda did? not the same thing but u get what i mean lol. nobody is scared about getting their gas stolen. its just the fact that lesser cars have this feature and a cadillac doesnt. just another way to milk ur money. lol tomorrow they might start charging u extra for ur windshield and rustybear will come in with the fanboy stuff and say cadillac gave u the option to not pay extra for it if u dont want it...all hail cadillac. lmao jk jk.

huna
06-24-13, 06:30 PM
its not as much about safety as it is about ur friends old honda having a locking fuel door and ur cadillac not having it. would u be just fine if ur car didnt come with any alarm or door locks? and a honda did? not the same thing but u get what i mean lol. nobody is scared about getting their gas stolen. its just the fact that lesser cars have this feature and a cadillac doesnt. just another way to milk ur money. lol tomorrow they might start charging u extra for ur windshield and rustybear will come in with the fanboy stuff and say cadillac gave u the option to not pay extra for it if u dont want it...all hail cadillac. lmao jk jk.

Your perspective makes no sense to me. It's not about the function, it's about "having it" because somebody else does? Keeping up with the Joneses, are we? Talk about First World problems, my goodness. (Sorry for contributing to the overuse of "First World problem." Consider me chastised.)

donavo
06-24-13, 06:44 PM
Your perspective makes no sense to me. It's not about the function, it's about "having it" because somebody else does? Keeping up with the Joneses, are we? Talk about First World problems, my goodness. (Sorry for contributing to the overuse of "First World problem." Consider me chastised.)

i was about to post something about how u missed the point of what i said then i saw ur post count and sht uve spent a large chunk of ur life on this website.

Stevo Supremo
06-24-13, 08:23 PM
I've invented an engine that runs on sugar and am looking to move to a neighborhood like that so I can drive for free.

someone put sugar in a guys car on the cobalt forum, just gummed up his fuel filter a bit, didn't hurt the engine. You can buy a locking gas cap for like $30 if you're THAT worried

ewired
06-24-13, 08:48 PM
For the record....I opted for the security package...I have the locking fuel door. However I didn't get it for the fuel door. I purchased it for the tilt sensor. I like to illegally park...what can I say.

Also who in the hell can poor sugar in your tank? You can barely put the damn nozzle from a gas pump in the filler hole. Anyone else notice how close or awkward it is to keep the nozzle off the paint? No full service stations for me.

What about the newer cars without fuel caps at all. Think their worries about sugar?

blue_skies
06-24-13, 09:15 PM
For the record....I opted for the security package...I have the locking fuel door. However I didn't get it for the fuel door. I purchased it for the tilt sensor. I like to illegally park...what can I say.

Also who in the hell can poor sugar in your tank? You can barely put the damn nozzle from a gas pump in the filler hole. Anyone else notice how close or awkward it is to keep the nozzle off the paint? No full service stations for me.

What about the newer cars without fuel caps at all. Think their worries about sugar?

First off - I think it is completely backwards for marketing to not include a solenoid for lockable fuel filler door on a luxury sedan. Packaging such features into 'upgrade level' options is a crime in my book. Especially since many lower priced competitive cars do include it.

As to not having the fuel cap - it is something we can all blame Ford for, but the benefits outweigh the negatives, I understand. No messy hands, no fumes, no mess - just don't overfill or top off.

The systems make it fairly hard (but not impossible) to siphon out the fuel in the tank.

Adding sugar does not do anything (Myth Busted - compare with adding sand).

However, adding a ping pong ball, or simply pouring water into the tank WILL lead to problems, so they say ....

I think GM should fire its marketing people and start listening to actual buyers, would-be buyers, and non-buyers. The outright stupidity of marketing decisions baffles me (and not just GM - all american car makers share in this). Sure, they want people to purchase up-level products, that I understand. But to then deprive a would-be buyer from 'basic' options that $30k cars include in a $40+k car is beyond me....

I think that threads like these are necessary to make manufacturers aware that the simple things do matter. I don't care if it has to be an option - that is fine. But an option that can only be had in an up-level package is not ok - that is weird marketing. Especially for options that are not easy to retrofit.

I remember in another thread a buyer complaining that his 'fully loaded' Premium did not have the heated steering wheel and heated seats. So even 'fully loaded' is an incorrect term.

Imho, all $40k cars should have HID, heated seats, locking fuel filler doors, CUE system, parking sensors + rear view camera, remote start, etc. Having a price-leader car (fleet?) is ok, but do offer these options to all models, not as a complete package. GM, are you listening?

pissedoffwookiee
06-24-13, 11:15 PM
First off - I think it is completely backwards for marketing to not include a solenoid for lockable fuel filler door on a luxury sedan. Packaging such features into 'upgrade level' options is a crime in my book. Especially since many lower priced competitive cars do include it.

As to not having the fuel cap - it is something we can all blame Ford for, but the benefits outweigh the negatives, I understand. No messy hands, no fumes, no mess - just don't overfill or top off.

The systems make it fairly hard (but not impossible) to siphon out the fuel in the tank.

Adding sugar does not do anything (Myth Busted - compare with adding sand).

However, adding a ping pong ball, or simply pouring water into the tank WILL lead to problems, so they say ....

I think GM should fire its marketing people and start listening to actual buyers, would-be buyers, and non-buyers. The outright stupidity of marketing decisions baffles me (and not just GM - all american car makers share in this). Sure, they want people to purchase up-level products, that I understand. But to then deprive a would-be buyer from 'basic' options that $30k cars include in a $40+k car is beyond me....

I think that threads like these are necessary to make manufacturers aware that the simple things do matter. I don't care if it has to be an option - that is fine. But an option that can only be had in an up-level package is not ok - that is weird marketing. Especially for options that are not easy to retrofit.

I remember in another thread a buyer complaining that his 'fully loaded' Premium did not have the heated steering wheel and heated seats. So even 'fully loaded' is an incorrect term.

Imho, all $40k cars should have HID, heated seats, locking fuel filler doors, CUE system, parking sensors + rear view camera, remote start, etc. Having a price-leader car (fleet?) is ok, but do offer these options to all models, not as a complete package. GM, are you listening?

In my opinion, you're partly right.....agreeing with you, there are things missing in the ATS that are available in lower end GM product, things like leather steering wheel and remote start (both standard on a $25k Buick Verano) LED DRL (standard on a $35k cloth GMC acadia) or fog lights (standard on a base GMC Terrain $27k) especially when these things (lighting) are touted as signature pieces on the car (shame on you Cadillac and GM for rewarding less than premium customers with goodies, while slapping the face of customers who rewarded you by moving up to your premium brand).

not agreeing with you, thing like heated seats, parking sensors, HID, Locking fuel filler, CUE,and Sunroofs, are OK to leave on the options list. heated seats are available as a freestanding option on EVERY ATS, and so is the security pkg, CUE, and sunroofs. Not everybody, wants all these things, everyone is free to get what mix of these goodies they want to tailor the car to their needs, and there is a reason for trim packages and more of these things get included as you move up the range, seems reasonable to me.

the differance between the first (shamefull) list and the second in this post is it seems to me the first list detracts from the Cadillacness of the car, and the second is personal preference in your own driving experience.

as a side note, the freestanding security pkg was a $395 option on every level of ATS in 2013 cars and has gone down to $380 for 2014 again availble on every model. I didn't want it, I wanted turbo and CUE, and I got what I wanted, it would have been awesome if the car had the Fogs/LEDs, leather wheel,and remote start, but at the end of the day my car is way better, quieter, faster, handles sweeter, and is way funner than a Verano, Terrain, and Acadia. I don't look at those cars and say "Damn, that car is better than mine because it has X, Y, or Z and I don't".

torkibe
06-24-13, 11:16 PM
The $40,000 or for some of us $50,000+ sticker on the car is paying for the PREMIUM features like the CUE system, the amazing handling, braking, frame, general build quality, etc... not the trivial features that $30,000 cars put in to make them look like $40,000+ on paper.

rustybear3
06-25-13, 12:00 AM

Mad? Hell no DUDE.....I find it hilarious.... such serious problems as having an optional locking gas cap ( there's that nasty giving customers a choice not to pay for IMO a worthless option) needs to be met with sensible alternatives...like putting a camera on your gas tank instead....you were kidding...weren't ya?....lol

That's kinda Rusty Bears "thing". Obnoxious is the only way he knows how to join a conversation. He HAS to interject annoying into the forum.

I'm sorry....I forgot this was such a serious discussion to "why...oh, why" a locking gas cap is optional on the ATS....to the point where donavo is talking about setting up cameras around the gas cap....oh....and by the way... your only contribution to this thread is complaining about my sarcasm :canttalk:.....wow! Heavy, Heavy ... :yawn: at least I tried to interject some humor...

p.s. doesn't anyone read their order form anymore before they order cars?.....umpteenth thread on "I didn't realize it didn't come with"......

donavo
06-25-13, 12:52 AM
Mad? Hell no DUDE.....I find it hilarious.... such serious problems as having an optional locking gas cap ( there's that nasty giving customers a choice not to pay for IMO a worthless option) needs to be met with sensible alternatives...like putting a camera on your gas tank instead....you were kidding...weren't ya?....lol

I'm sorry....I forgot this was such a serious discussion to "why...oh, why" a locking gas cap is optional on the ATS....to the point where donavo is talking about setting up cameras around the gas cap....oh....and by the way... your only contribution to this thread is complaining about my sarcasm :canttalk:.....wow! Heavy, Heavy ... :yawn: at least I tried to interject some humor...

p.s. doesn't anyone read their order form anymore before they order cars?.....umpteenth thread on "I didn't realize it didn't come with"......

nobody sets up cameras on the gas cap genius...lol. i listed the reasons why i wanted one. gas theft/ vandalism related to gas cap was not the main concern lmao. and lets not forget that thread u started with the jeep having a launch button and ATS not. everyone has something to complain about. for some of us, its ur idea of being rude and calling it humor.

YankeeVic
06-25-13, 03:22 AM

See, told you.

C&C
06-25-13, 05:56 AM
This item (gas cap lock) just happened to 'push your button'; for me, I'm thinking a high dollar car (no specific amount here) should still come with a spare tire and jack and an automatic transmission dipstick tube (for checking level and more importantly checking color). If Cadillac had chosen to include a locking gas feature, someone else could just as easily pick something else esoteric to 'vent' about and we would probably have this same sort of thread. You pays your money (and you takes your choices).

rustybear3
06-25-13, 10:37 AM
See, told you.

:horse:

Hoosier Daddy
06-25-13, 11:53 AM
:horse:
Great, now you're gonna have PETDA all over you.

----------

This item (gas cap lock) just happened to 'push your button'; for me, I'm thinking a high dollar car (no specific amount here) should still come with a spare tire and jack and an automatic transmission dipstick tube (for checking level and more importantly checking color). If Cadillac had chosen to include a locking gas feature, someone else could just as easily pick something else esoteric to 'vent' about and we would probably have this same sort of thread. You pays your money (and you takes your choices).
Yes. Although this thread turned into one of these, the original post was not like that. The OP didn't say the lack of a locking gas door was a big deal, just that he was surprised. I don't mind that at all. But of course what I mind doesn't really matter any more than how much it matters to someone else that a car doesn't have some feature.

But it gets tiresome to read about people who complain (sometimes bitterly) about not having some feature that they absolutely needed yet didn't read the brochure or ask before buying. But I guess they have a positive aspect too in reminding others they dodged that bullet (thru planning or luck).

donavo
06-25-13, 12:08 PM

----------

Yes. Although this thread turned into one of these, the original post was not like that. The OP didn't say the lack of a locking gas door was a big deal, just that he was surprised. I don't mind that at all. But of course what I mind doesn't really matter any more than how much it matters to someone else that a car doesn't have some feature.

But it gets tiresome to read about people who complain (sometimes bitterly) about not having some feature that they absolutely needed yet didn't read the brochure or ask before buying. But I guess they have a positive aspect too in reminding others they dodged that bullet (thru planning or luck).

most ppl go in with a maximum dollar ammount tht they plan to spend and dont wanna go over that by a penny. which is a good mindset i think. so when they start putting those price tags on little options, u start taking those options off. its not that they dont read a brochure. i think u and rustybear dont read the posts all the way and end up assuming alot of stuff. like when rustybear thought i wanted to put cameras on the gas tank lol. but anyway, the locking gas cap must have thrown the price tag in the "too high" zone so they didnt opt for it. the result of that is a 40k dollar car that doesnt have a locking gas door. which does sound dumb i think. its not that cadillac gave u the option of not paying for it if u dont want it, mr cadillac fanboy, theyre just milking ur money from every single possible nipple u thought u didnt have.

huna
06-25-13, 02:02 PM
i was about to post something about how u missed the point of what i said then i saw ur post count and sht uve spent a large chunk of ur life on this website.

I think I do get your point, I just think you've picked a feature that is arbitrary, and there are always going to be some features that are standards on some brands and not others, or even not available at all. And we shouldn't be bothered by it other than our own value/need of that feature. Should an engine block heater be standard? Etc. But just because I disagree doesn't mean I think you're DUMB, I just disagree. FYI this message and most of my others were auto-generated by my "ATS auto-post app."

blue_skies
06-25-13, 03:49 PM
I think I do get your point, I just think you've picked a feature that is arbitrary, and there are always going to be some features that are standards on some brands and not others, or even not available at all. And we shouldn't be bothered by it other than our own value/need of that feature. Should an engine block heater be standard? Etc. But just because I disagree doesn't mean I think you're DUMB, I just disagree. FYI this message and most of my others were auto-generated by my "ATS auto-post app."

I respectfully disagree.

The (electronic) locking fuel filler cap was a feature on my past Cadillacs, and was on my other cars - except the Grand Cherokee, which was a fully loaded 'Overland', which also lacked the (electronic) locking fuel filler cap feature - but guess what - the current 2014 models DO!!! Customers do care!

I predict that ALL Cadillacs will eventually get the electronic locking fuel filler cap - the cost of this feature is insignificant, and surely outweighs the negative marketing that omission surely creates.

As to other features - they SHOULD be available as 'line item options', not as 'packaged/bundled only options'. This would make a lot of these discussions go away. But as is - the cars are quirky configured, and it is a shame that the bundling is so poorly configured, almost as if to create value for the uplevel models. Heck, put the bigger engines only in the uplevel models, and make the money that way...

I know, the euro-brands behave very similarly (especially BMW), but the Asian brands include a lot more in a comparable model.

I like to see a list for 'luxury' or 'upscale' sedan in terms of which features are considered inclusive of such a moniker. Any feature that can be retro-fitted is a minor one - either add-on later or go after market. But features that require specific wiring harnesses, or need to be including during car manufacturing, and become prohibitively expensive when retro-fitted, should be either included (Go Cadillac!) or a line-item that can be checked off on ANY model trim, and not as a 'bundled' option (unless it is dependent on some other components).

Or to put it like this for the marketers - I would have gladly paid another $1,000 for some 'line item options', rather than the $4k or $9k for the up-level models....

GJB
06-25-13, 04:29 PM
People seem to forget that this is a car "Business" and decisions are made based on many factors a key ones being sales price to number of sales and cost to profit margin. My thought is that a standard locking gas cover/cap feature was determined from sophisticated research to not be significant enough to impact sales, It was also made available in a package for those who had to have it. You spend money to make money and spending money on standard gas lock does not make money. Capitalism is a beautiful thing...

ewired
06-25-13, 05:19 PM
To everyone in this thread that is complaining about a locking fuel "door" not being a standard option....how many of you actually have the option?

GJB
06-25-13, 06:33 PM
To everyone in this thread that is complaining about a locking fuel "door" not being a standard option....how many of you actually have the option?

I wonder how many cars were even produced with that option. I bet it sure would have limited your selection choices off dealer lots. So to get what you want with the Security package I would think most with it would have been a factory order.

sclin
06-26-13, 01:09 PM

For a $40,000 car do you want to protect against this act? (check out the attached image). I am so disappointed after I purchased a 2013 SRX and found out there is not even a option to add a lock.

Hoosier Daddy
06-26-13, 01:36 PM

For a $40,000 car do you want to protect against this act? (check out the attached image).
I just had a rider for that added to my asteroid damage policy.

rustybear3
06-26-13, 09:58 PM
I just had a rider for that added to my asteroid damage policy.

OMG..be careful, your sarcasm will be considered annoying and offensive....:hide: By the way, how long before we get "I can't believe my ATS doesn't have a piss in the tank filter"? .......should be standard...Oh, I did it again...crude humor... :histeric:

GJB
06-27-13, 06:50 PM
I respectfully disagree.

I predict that ALL Cadillacs will eventually get the electronic locking fuel filler cap - the cost of this feature is insignificant, and surely outweighs the negative marketing that omission surely creates.

Blue, Not going to argue most of what you said even though I'm not in total agreement but I had to call you out on the "cost of a feature being insgnificant". When you are building and selling every single penny has an impact on total production just like extre weight on the car, a pound or two may be insignificant but not when you are trying to achieve something.

If you can tell me one person who walked away from an ATS purchase solely over the locking Gas cover I'll take a leak in sclin's ATS and maybe it will be caught on dash cam.

----------

[QUOTE=Hoosier Daddy;3604785]I just had a rider for that added to my asteroid damage policy.

If you eat asparagus before you fill your tank do you get a higher octane?

Hoosier Daddy
06-27-13, 07:48 PM
If you eat asparagus before you fill your tank do you get a higher octane?
First of all, I only p155 in the tank of my diesel truck and that's because I'm too cheap to PAY for urea injection chemicals when I can do it for free.
Second, I only eat asparagus beforehand for St. Patrick's Day.

GJB
06-28-13, 05:31 PM

For a $40,000 car do you want to protect against this act? (check out the attached image). I am so disappointed after I purchased a 2013 SRX and found out there is not even a option to add a lock.

Maybe the argument should be to use the 40K spent on the ATS to move to a better neighborhood. The day there is an old guy in my driveway drinking beer and filling tanks Iím moving.

TonyT
06-29-13, 10:50 PM
Just to let everyone know I ordered the upgraded security system on my 14 ATS I looked all over for the release that opens the fuel filler door I couldn't find it anywhere, guess what, there isn't one.....lol

Hoosier Daddy
06-29-13, 11:31 PM
Just to let everyone know I ordered the upgraded security system on my 14 ATS I looked all over for the release that opens the fuel filler door I couldn't find it anywhere, guess what, there isn't one.....lol
Any chance the fuel door is like the trunk? The button on the trunk lid only works when the FOB is near. Maybe the fuel door unlocks any time the fob is near.

ewired
06-30-13, 11:26 AM
No remote operation to open the fuel door. There is a plunger (like a door lock actuator) on the inside of the fuel door that latches when the doors are locked and unlatches when the doors are unlocked. Once unlocked you simply push the door just like all ATS doors.

xxxxxxxxxxPasATS
06-30-13, 09:10 PM
New member here, and first posting.

Currently driving a BMW 335d, but just ordered a new ATS yesterday, a 3.6 Premium.

My take on options and pricing after looking at all similar cars on the market is this: in my ideal world you would be able to order each an every feature of a car a la carte (the so-called Chinese Menu approach). However, given that these are not custom built vehicles that clearly is not feasible from a manufacturing perspective. Cadillac has done a nice job of configuring the packages, by keeping the options to a minimum, and they did well in picking the things that are optional. For example, I'm glad I didn't have to get a sunroof along with a premium package, which is the case with several other manufacturers. I'm also glad I was able to mostly opt out of the "driver aid" features (although I could do without the shaking seat altogether if I had my wish). I do wish I could get rid of the foglights that come with the advanced lighting package though as I see no need for them. Every car on the market is going to present such conundrums.

It seems like a lot of people on this board did not closely review what they were buying ahead of time and I'm not sure why people are upset that certain things are "optional" instead of included. Unless you are forced to buy a car off the lot I can't see what the complaint is. After all, this car is $10K or so less than the comparably equipped 335 (and actually offers some things you can't get at all in that car, such as the limited slip differential).

TonyT
07-01-13, 01:36 PM
Yup your right fuel door works off of key fob when doors are unlocked you can push open the fuel door.

Thanks everybody

thebigjimsho
07-03-13, 08:42 AM

My grandfather had a manual crank on his car!

Some things are better. A locking gas cap is a waste. Thank goodness Cadillac doesn't have them. No cap on a $40k car! Oh no! Well, it wasn't on a $70k V.

----------

You can make posts in between clients while in your law office, just after performing heart surgery or before a big race. What's your point?

People who spend more time on a forum can also have MUCH more knowledge about said subject than n00bs.

You assume.

----------

----------

Not so. Even if I wanted to skip over this thread, I still have to look at the over the top thread title. It insinuates disdain for something that is a trivial matter...

Hoosier Daddy
07-03-13, 10:03 AM

Some things are better. A locking gas cap is a waste. Thank goodness Cadillac doesn't have them. No cap on a $40k car! Oh no!
I know. Somewhere in Lansing, some engineer is reading this thread and saying "I can't believe buyers of a $40,000 dollar car think a locking gas door is critical!! I can understand it from the class of person who would buy a $25,000 car, but....." ;)

donavo
07-03-13, 12:05 PM

Some things are better. A locking gas cap is a waste. Thank goodness Cadillac doesn't have them. No cap on a $40k car! Oh no! Well, it wasn't on a $70k V.

----------

You can make posts in between clients while in your law office, just after performing heart surgery or before a big race. What's your point?

People who spend more time on a forum can also have MUCH more knowledge about said subject than n00bs.

You assume.

----------

Not so. Even if I wanted to skip over this thread, I still have to look at the over the top thread title. It insinuates disdain for something that is a trivial matter...

ats owners only please. back to the peasant forums with u. lol

Hoosier Daddy
07-03-13, 12:22 PM
Even if I wanted to skip over this thread, I still have to look at the over the top thread title. It insinuates disdain for something that is a trivial matter...

Don't be so hasty unless YOU are prepared to take up the mantle to return dain to the trivial. ;)

donavo
07-03-13, 01:30 PM
Don't be so hasty unless YOU are prepared to take up the mantle to return dain to the trivial. ;)

lets end this thread already

thebigjimsho
07-03-13, 04:49 PM

Even us peasants are laughing at you ATS g00bs and anger over gas caps. Freakin gas caps. Really?

donavo
07-03-13, 05:19 PM
Even us peasants are laughing at you ATS g00bs and anger over gas caps. Freakin gas caps. Really?

for the record, im not rly one of the ppl sore about the gas cap. i agree its an out-dated feature, but then again, i wouldnt b pissed if i had it standard.

thebigjimsho
07-03-13, 11:03 PM
:shifty: