: Best battery for Escalades

ESCALADE132
06-23-13, 02:32 PM
Is the Optima Red top battery the best for the Escalade and is it a direct fit? I think Advanced Auto and Pep Boys will install them for free.
Thanks

hcvone
06-23-13, 05:17 PM
The red top is a good battery, I had many of them thru the years, probably the best battery on the market is the Odyssey. I still needed dual batteries for my needs even with the Optima. :)

MrHolland
06-23-13, 05:39 PM
Anything other than a factory battery will be an improvement.

bigwill1323704
06-23-13, 07:37 PM
Optima yellow top

wesyder
06-23-13, 09:00 PM
Optima yellow top

I use an odyssey

Stresst
06-23-13, 09:23 PM
Sears Die Hard Gold or Platinum!

Rolex
06-23-13, 11:14 PM
I use an odyssey

This^^ It doesn't get much better than odyssey IMO. I've read several places that Die Hard Platinum are also produced by odyssey.

In my opinion Optima batteries quality and longevity has declined over the years.

wesyder
06-23-13, 11:20 PM
This^^ It doesn't get much better than odyssey IMO. I've read several places that Die Hard Platinum are also produced by odyssey.

In my opinion Optima batteries quality and longevity has declined over the years.

Yes they are produced by enersys which is the parent company

Stresst
06-23-13, 11:27 PM

In your opinion? Your opinion is a fact! Optima's are crap! The shop I worked for years ago sold them and they would come back just as fast as they sold! Years ago I competed in DB Drag and use to get them for free but after several batteries failing me several times never again would I consider them. Many will argue that they are good but until you put them to the test you have no idea. IMO Sears makes the best battery for the money hands down! Odyssey make a great battery its priced at about the same as the Platinum. For a stock replacement the Gold is best, if you have a crazy sound sytem and or inverters or aftermarker lighting then go for the Platinum or Odyssey if not save your money.....

Hemmissey
06-23-13, 11:57 PM
Buy your battery at Costco. Free replacement for 3 years.. Can't beat that...

ESCALADE132
06-24-13, 12:10 AM
Thanks for all of your input, I have the stock sound system so I guess the Gold from Sears sounds like the best from most of you

ESCALADE132
06-24-13, 12:12 AM
Hemmissey what kind of battery do you get at Costco

Hemmissey
06-25-13, 03:58 AM
Hemmissey what kind of battery do you get at Costco

In the tire centers, they sell em. Get the group size 7. I'll post pics tomorrow for ya!