: LS1 Edit Q's (attn VTech)

Florian
02-10-05, 12:22 PM
VTech,

My tuner college roommate says that Caddy has its own PCM language which is not compatible with LS1Edit. He has the LS1edit software and apparantly the code is dissimilar. Do you have any insight youre willing to share?

Advise

Florian in Cleveland
"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in and youve got the stock market beat,
But the man thats worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his pants are too tight in the seat....HUH HUH....okay pookie!"

V-seriesTech
02-10-05, 12:49 PM
We had a small problem, with our Tech II reading a V-series, before our Diablo sport tune was installed.

You need a candi module(controller area network diagnostic interface) to communicate with the V, as well as the new C6, and other various GM models. It is a dealer only unit. Although I was not at Diablo when they were establishing a base tune, for there first V series, they had to try several things to get inside the program. It seems GM doesnt want anyone in these cars, same goes for the C6 vette....and I truly don't know what Diablo did to get inside,...and I'm posative they wouldn't tell anyway, ya know.

StealthV
02-10-05, 06:21 PM
There's nothing strange about the V PCM, it is just a different operating system compared to other vehicles. CTS-Vs use three different operating systems - two for 2004 models and one for 2005s. Nearly every GM vehicle has its own unique operating system which requires tuning software companies to adapt their code for it to work.

Clear as mud? :)

Last night I used EFILive to flash a new tune in my V; was tired of the 168 mph speed limiter. ;)

V-seriesTech
02-10-05, 06:28 PM
There's nothing strange about the V PCM, it is just a different operating system compared to other vehicles. CTS-Vs use three different operating systems - two for 2004 models and one for 2005s. Nearly every GM vehicle has its own unique operating system which requires tuning software companies to adapt their code for it to work.

Clear as mud? :)

Last night I used EFILive to flash a new tune in my V; was tired of the 168 mph speed limiter. ;)

EFI Live is badass!:worship:

urbanski
02-10-05, 06:32 PM
EFI Live is badass!:worship:
:cool:

:worship: @ StealthV :D

thebigjimsho
02-10-05, 06:39 PM
:cool:

:worship: @ StealthV :D
I'd post some goofy response with a couple of smilies....but I haven't had access to smilies for a few months now.

slk230mb
02-10-05, 06:41 PM
I'd post some goofy response with a couple of smilies....but I haven't had access to smilies for a few months now.

When you go to reply to a post do you have the simple editing box or the more complex one? It's an option in the User Control Panel. I would take a look in there.

thebigjimsho
02-10-05, 07:08 PM
When you go to reply to a post do you have the simple editing box or the more complex one? It's an option in the User Control Panel. I would take a look in there.
BINGO!!!

I had smilies before, so maybe a forum update changed me?? I had looked everywhere in my UCP and didn't notice this. Thanks!!:woohoo:

urbanski
02-10-05, 07:50 PM
BINGO!!!

I had smilies before, so maybe a forum update changed me?? I had looked everywhere in my UCP and didn't notice this. Thanks!!:woohoo: :dance: :gnome: