Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2013 Prices - at or less than invoice?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  73JPS 
#1 ·
Since we're at the end of the model year with the '13's what should I be looking at as a starting point? I found a car that 'might' be the one and I know it's been on the lot for a long time. Are the dealers discounting these cars to move them or are they still wanting to get invoice plus plus plus?

#3 ·
When I orderd one in late Feb, numerous dealers I talked to were ready to order for WELL under invoice. I doubt things have gone the other way unless all the dealers near you failed to order enough to carry them thru the switchover. And don't forget any 2013 ATS with CUE comes with an iPad. I sold mine to the first caller for $450, so factor that into your plans. I was a little pissed I had to finance the car to get all the incentives. Currently you can get 0% for 36 months. And depending on what you are looking for Cadillac has a $3,000 dealer incentive until the end of this month for ATSs built before late last year. Clearly any like that still on the lot were not desirable to the vast majority of buyers. But an extra $3,000 off might make a car a little more desirable.

#6 · (Edited)
You could try an online VIN decoder but it might not tell you. If you have access to the car and can open the driver door, it is on a sticker at the bottom of the B-piller. If all else fails, Customer Service in these forums can probably tell you if you PM them.

If you buy one, make sure you get as new an iPad as you can. The iPads are not shipped with the cars. And dealers are notorious for just piling them in a closet somewhere. And lots of iPads go initially unclaimed because the buyer and/or salesman doesn't know about the promotion. In combination that means the dealer is likely to still have iPad3s mixed in with iPad4s shipped since they were the current model. There have been several posts from people who recently bough a car with CUE but ended up with an old iPad3 just because the dealer happened to grab one that had been sitting in the closet for months. I'm pretty sure there is no indication on the box as to which model is inside. So try to make sure you get the most recent one they received. I was lucky that my dealer did have them inventoried by date received. Naturally they couldn't and wouldn't guaranty what was in the box but were happy to give me the last one they had received when my car arrived. I hope what you need is a 16GB WiFi only iPad.

----------

Note that the iPad does not come with Canadian ATSses, "not part of the Canadian marketing programme."
Yep. mcouture does not have a location in his profile. But Canadians got a better bonus than an iPad at least at one time. They received a $500 prepaid gas card. Don't know if that has expired. And if mcouture is in Canada, that $3,000 dealer incentive may not appy either. But since ATS have sold very well, any early builds still on lots are probably Sunset Gold Premiums with AC delete and dealer installed landau tops or something equally in demand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.