: Escalade factory LED help

Stresst
06-22-13, 10:45 PM
I recently purchased a 10 Escalade Platinum and now the amber LED's on the drivers side headlight are out. What do I do being I am out of the bumper to bumper warranty?? I am being told you need to replace the entire head light assembly? Is that possible? Please help!

BEarle
06-22-13, 11:39 PM
If its a 2010 you still have to 2014 for your warranty to end.

----------

And if you just bought it I would flip out on the dealer about it. I think it's a 90 day period they have to take care of defects, I know it's that way here in MA. But it could be something stupid like the baluster and you can buy that on eBay if you have no luck with the dealership.

Stresst
06-23-13, 01:45 AM
I am out of warranty due to high mileage......The truck is at the dealer for another issue as well but I am curious as to how to replace the lights. They said they would take care of it but what happens if the other side goes out. How the eff could GM design somthing this way??

hcvone
06-23-13, 07:19 AM
I am out of warranty due to high mileage......The truck is at the dealer for another issue as well but I am curious as to how to replace the lights. They said they would take care of it but what happens if the other side goes out. How the eff could GM design somthing this way??

It's not a GM thing, many of the LED headlights and taillights are not repairable and have to be replaced as a unit, they are lights and only last so long. :)

Stresst
06-23-13, 09:28 PM
It's not a GM thing, many of the LED headlights and taillights are not repairable and have to be replaced as a unit, they are lights and only last so long. :)

So you think its a good idea that if the LED goes out its ok to spend $2500 for a new head light? This is a Cadillac not a Bugatti!

texas1
06-23-13, 11:00 PM
$$$$= cadillac cadillac parts=$$$$

BEarle
06-23-13, 11:34 PM
Try eBay, a few months back I saw that they were selling 2 platinum headlights for $1000.00

Mr.SWAG
06-24-13, 03:42 AM
Are you guys for real.. There's is no way you can't change just the LEDs .. Why would you have to replace a whole headlight, that is dumbest sh#t I ever heard..

hcvone
06-24-13, 07:42 AM
So you think its a good idea that if the LED goes out its ok to spend $2500 for a new head light? This is a Cadillac not a Bugatti!

I don't see anywhere in my post where I said it's a good idea that your LED is out, and it's ok to spend $2500 for a new light, DID I? No. It's just like with anything that you buy used, you have to be prepared for the worst case, because there is no warranty, even a standard HID headlight assy is over $1000, why don't you put it thru your insurance company.