: 2001 eldorado engine quits momentarily

sonruptl
02-09-05, 11:58 PM
Additionally my 2001 Eldorado engine quits momentarily between the 35 and 50 MPH cruising area and then continues running OK and the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light comes on, also when slowly coming to a stop with the foot off of the accelerator pedal, such as coming to a stop for a traffic light, the engine will quit, and because of not being in a cruise speed, the engine will not continue running, and I will have to re-start the engine and it starts without further problems. This happens at least once a day. Also after about three restarts the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light comes off until the next time the engine quits momentarily or quits entirely just before coming to a stop. I am thinking it is a computer problem, and of course I will have the dealer check it out, but I need opinions or knowledge of this problem. sonruptl@adelphia.net

eldorado1
02-10-05, 05:23 PM
If it kinda feels like the engine was just "switched off", I'd suspect the crankshaft position sensor. I think they had a problem with those for the y2k+ models. I'm sure your mechanic will figure it out.

oldgamer
02-10-05, 05:59 PM
Check the codes you got and post them. it may be thousands causes engine to stall and computer is a last one.