: Question about tire size

PWE
06-22-13, 09:12 PM
I've searched but can't find the answer. Sorry if it's been addressed before. Can I put the same size tire on the front that are on the back?

thebigjimsho
06-22-13, 10:32 PM
Tire? Yes. But you'll want a square set of wheels, too...

PWE
06-23-13, 08:59 AM
Ok I was pretty tired when I posed this question. So let me give more detail in hopes I can get a serious answer. I wanted to put Michelin run flats on all four corners but I can only find the 35's in run flats. Since there is only 1/2" difference in wheel width between the front and back. I wanted to know if you could put 35's on the front?

Random84
06-23-13, 09:03 AM
you probably could, but the sidewall flex / look / and handling of the tires might not be ideal.

Since these michelin tires look narrow relative to the rim already, getting a slightly wider tire might not be a bad idea - but there's still a bit of a gamble there as you can't expect the tire to handle and grip in the same fashion (even if it is only a 1/2" difference).

You can check recommended wheel widths for a given tire size on the Michelin website, IIRC they will fit. But any wheel shop will also tell you when you place your order whether or not it appears compatible.

PWE
06-23-13, 10:48 AM
Thanks Random84.