: Smart buy

D.Kinsey
02-09-05, 10:46 PM
I have been looking in Houston TX for a new CTS-V,seems to be plenty cars on the lots but the dealers are acting like they don't need to sell them. I'am trying to do a smart buy for 24 or 36 months with some money down and get my payment @ 550 + or-. Anyone have any idea what incentives are available right now. Any suggestions?
Thanks
D.Kinsey

slow35th
02-09-05, 11:12 PM
I bought mine in Houston at David Taylor and got a good deal. See Terry Walker and tell him that Lance Moreland sent you. He might send me a key chain or something.:hmm:

I got about $4000 in rebates and about $3000 off. That works out to about $45,000 for a car that stickered for $52,000.

McGinnis Cadillac on the otherhand acted like they were not interested in selling cars at all. I've even tried to buy parts at McGinnis and they have always quoted well over list price for them. I wish it wasn't so because my office is less than half a block from them.

Lance

donut
02-10-05, 12:32 AM
I also bought at David Taylor for around 45. They had a lot of cars on the lot back in late December. Also Ron Carter autoland in Alvin made me a great offer but didn't have blk/blk.

slow35th
02-10-05, 09:53 PM
Which dealers did you go to?

D.Kinsey
02-10-05, 09:57 PM
David Taylor last sat. and am still working with Terry Walker, Sanddollar in Galveston and Tom Peacock.

D.Kinsey
02-16-05, 09:44 PM
Lance, I told Terry to send you the key chain. I ended up buying 05 V from him @ David Taylor and got a similar deal without having to leverage him with you're info, that was a nice surprise! All in all I am very happy with the deal and Love the car!
Thanks for the good info.
D.Kinsey

Klamath
02-20-05, 05:47 PM
David Taylor is moving through them pretty fast. I went down there last week to look at the V's they had, and there was only one left. I have a couple general questions and don't know the right thread, so I guess I can start here.

- I qualify for a GM supplier discount, to pay the supplier price that shows on the invioce... i think its 1 or .5% over regular invoice. while it is combinable with other rebates it takes 52K down to about 49K... then 1.5K with GM financing and the deal I am looking it is higher than you guys were able to get...

- Cadillac's website doesnt show all of the current offers like the way the other GM websites do. Can you guys share what some of your other rebates were to get from 1.5 to 4k?

- Is there a houston area CTS-V club?

- Reading on the forums here, it sounds like the break-in period is more important on this car than many others. Is it possible to order one that no one has driven? Even with 10 miles on it or something, how do you know if someone hasn't gone out and ragged on it during their test drive?

Thanks.

slow35th
02-20-05, 05:59 PM
Lance, I told Terry to send you the key chain. I ended up buying 05 V from him @ David Taylor and got a similar deal without having to leverage him with you're info, that was a nice surprise! All in all I am very happy with the deal and Love the car!
Thanks for the good info.
D.Kinsey

I don't know how I missed this. Glad it worked out.

Lance

slow35th
02-20-05, 06:10 PM
Can you guys share what some of your other rebates were to get from 1.5 to 4k?

Thanks.

One rebate was a GM loyalty rebate, for current GM owners
Another was on the vehicle itself
and the other was a Smartbuy rebate.

I don't remember which one was which but one was for $1000 and the other two were for $1500 each.

Lance

D.Kinsey
02-20-05, 07:12 PM
Klamath,
The difference in discount was a Smart Buy rebate that I think had just started. See Terry Walker, doesn’t know a lot about his product (cars) but can get pricing right. Most cars had @ 15 miles. I don't know of any V clubs. Let us know how you do.
D.Kinsey

Groo-V
03-07-05, 04:55 PM
- Is there a houston area CTS-V club?

Wish there was.....I've only seen one on the road here since I got mine last October. I'm in the Sugar Land area. What part of town are you in?

Also....I'm surprised at the deals you all got at David Taylor. I went to them, Peacock and McGinnis. McGinnis was the best deal by 2K. David Taylor was 4K higher.

Klamath
03-07-05, 07:22 PM
I am in Sugar Land as well. I work at Greenway Plaza at 59 & Buffalo Speedway and there is a CTS-V that typically parks on the same floor as I do. David Taylor has a Gray/Gray that I am pretty excited about, well see. Other than that, I could use the GSU pricing at any dealer that would accept it.

As far as a club goes, I think there are 4 houston area CTS-V owners just on this site. If I was an actual owner (almost :) ) we could start one. something as simple as a lunch on sat or sun each month to talk about cars would be worth it. I have a friend up in spring that is in a pretty informal Infiniti club, he really likes it.

Also, I went to the SCCA Autocross on GulfFwy yesterday... lots of cars, no CTS-V's :\

Groo-V
03-07-05, 11:35 PM
I am in Sugar Land as well. I work at Greenway Plaza at 59 & Buffalo Speedway and there is a CTS-V that typically parks on the same floor as I do. David Taylor has a Gray/Gray that I am pretty excited about, well see. Other than that, I could use the GSU pricing at any dealer that would accept it.

As far as a club goes, I think there are 4 houston area CTS-V owners just on this site. If I was an actual owner (almost :) ) we could start one. something as simple as a lunch on sat or sun each month to talk about cars would be worth it. I have a friend up in spring that is in a pretty informal Infiniti club, he really likes it.

Also, I went to the SCCA Autocross on GulfFwy yesterday... lots of cars, no CTS-V's :\

Take the plunge on the V, best car I've ever owned....period. I agree that getting together once a month even for a lunch would be great. Count me in.

My wife drives an Infiniti G35 coupe and we were talking about local car clubs. Is the club in Spring a Spring area club or is that Houston in general.

Btw...I'm down in Greenway on a fairly regular basis for work. Let me know if you'd like to get together. My V is a daily driver and I'll bring it down.