: Push Button Start system installed

lilpenny1
06-22-13, 04:57 PM
I had the Easygo Smart key system installed in my 2008 vehicle. It adds push button start and a new alarm system. Includes remote start, you can lock/arm, disarm/unlock system from new door handle, and open rear liftgate windwow w/remote. This push button start system works different w/GM vehicles. You have to press the button once to activate it, then press the brake pedal and push the button again to start the vehicle. With the vehicle in park, just hold the button for 2-3 seconds to turn off the engine. I missed having push-button start on my Lexus so once I found out about this system I decided to give it a try. So far it works pretty good.

Mr.SWAG
06-22-13, 06:55 PM
How much is the kit if you don't mind me asking? I like it nice work

lilpenny1
06-22-13, 07:38 PM
$650

MrHolland
06-22-13, 09:53 PM
Looks great!!

Singh G
06-22-13, 11:41 PM
I approve of this mod. 650 installed? Who did the work?

lilpenny1
06-23-13, 12:00 AM
With tax and labor it's about 1k. I had a local shop install it who is an authorized dealer. You can get the kit alone on amazon for DIY. They cover several different vehicles and models. For escalades get the Yukon/gmc kit.

hannity
06-23-13, 03:18 PM
Shame on gm for not having this as standard or even available on such an expensive car. Set up looks good, congratulations.

hcvone
06-23-13, 04:13 PM
Have push to start in most of my cars, tell you the truth if you have to carry a fob I would rather have a normal key start, but then again I am old

xlraw
06-23-13, 04:42 PM
can you still open the rear access door with the remote and where is the manual override buttons located

lilpenny1
06-24-13, 12:33 PM
Yes, the remote opens the rear access door. For override, if you mean if the remote battery goes dead. You can still use the key, then you hold the remote next to the start button and press the unlock button on the remote.

MrHolland
06-24-13, 01:20 PM
Do you only carry one remote and did you give up your factory remote??

soulsea
06-24-13, 01:46 PM
Could you please post a couple of side by side pics of the new fob next to the factory fob for comparison?

Thanks.

lilpenny1
06-24-13, 05:45 PM
Yes, only one remote the new one. I'll post side by side pics later. The remote also slides open and you can carry a spare key that you have to have cut that fits inside for backup.

----------

I tried to post more pics with the side by side remotes but it said I exceeded the quota? Sorry.

MrHolland
06-24-13, 05:48 PM
Ahh, no Cadillac remote!?!?!?! Well, we all have our limits. I like the install and the novelty of the system, but not at the expense of my remote. Thats just me though.

mbdubb2361
06-28-13, 01:59 PM
Ok that's awesome! It kills me to think that driving by a Kia that it has more tech then my 2011 Slade.. This should be a standard feather since the body style change or at least 2010.

----------

I had the Easygo Smart key system installed in my 2008 vehicle. It adds push button start and a new alarm system. Includes remote start, you can lock/arm, disarm/unlock system from new door handle, and open rear liftgate windwow w/remote. This push button start system works different w/GM vehicles. You have to press the button once to activate it, then press the brake pedal and push the button again to start the vehicle. With the vehicle in park, just hold the button for 2-3 seconds to turn off the engine. I missed having push-button start on my Lexus so once I found out about this system I decided to give it a try. So far it works pretty good.

Where are you located, just wondering? That's an awesome idea and it looks great.

----------

Also about how long did it take to install?

lilpenny1
06-28-13, 02:22 PM
Los Angeles area, I took it to a local shop and it took all day but they were nice enough to give me a free rental. You can email the company and they can tell you where authorized installers are nearby.
Yeah it kills me that this feature has been nonexistent in all the models.

mbdubb2361
06-28-13, 02:25 PM
Los Angeles area, I took it to a local shop and it took all day but they were nice enough to give me a free rental. You can email the company and they can tell you where authorized installers are nearby.
Yeah it kills me that this feature has been nonexistent in all the models.

Thanks I'm in the Atlanta area and the only dealers are none gmc dealers in my area which is kinda funny. Oh well lets see what they can do. Thanks

bagbklyn
06-28-13, 02:37 PM
May not happen often but, what happens if you bring it in for service. When I had it in the my Acura you just pushed the brake pedal and the button. Considering it for my truck.

lilpenny1
06-28-13, 04:16 PM
Yeah, the funny thing is they list GM and Toyota dealers on the website as authorized dealers but when I called them they knew nothing about this. It's still kind of new. I think it came out last year or this year. Make sure the place you take it to has done the install before.

mbdubb2361
06-28-13, 04:25 PM
Yeah, the funny thing is they list GM and Toyota dealers on the website as authorized dealers but when I called them they knew nothing about this. It's still kind of new. I think it came out last year or this year. Make sure the place you take it to has done the install before.

Will do thanks, would also like the loaner thing if they do that.

lilpenny1
06-28-13, 04:50 PM
For service if you're still under warranty you shouldn't have any problems. This doesn't really affect anything major on the vehicle. The system actually still uses the key to start so they keep your original key, this just eliminates putting the key in the ignition.

mbdubb2361
06-28-13, 04:52 PM
For service if you're still under warranty you shouldn't have any problems. This doesn't really affect anything major on the vehicle. The system actually still uses the key to start so they keep your original key, this just eliminates putting the key in the ignition.

So is that just a cover over the key hole, it doesn't get removed? That's really good to know.

lilpenny1
06-28-13, 06:47 PM
Yes it's a cover over the ignition and they removed the part where you insert the key.

sdgc
06-29-13, 07:49 AM
At first I didn't see what the big deal was on keyless entry, but now I have another vehicle where you walk right up, open the door and push to go. Love it. This system will be considered..... But still waiting to new esky and may just wait for that new beast!

bigtone1013
07-17-13, 09:37 PM
How do u open the lift gate and glass, I only see 3 buttons on the new fob.

mbdubb2361
07-18-13, 01:38 PM
How do u open the lift gate and glass, I only see 3 buttons on the new fob.

Very good question however it does show the trunk but not the glass on the middle button..

lilpenny1
07-20-13, 09:40 PM
The middle button has two functions: remote start and open/close lift gate. It depends if the the vehicle is locked or unlocked.

mbdubb2361
07-20-13, 09:43 PM
The middle button has two functions: remote start and open/close lift gate. It depends if the the vehicle is locked or unlocked.

So no function for the glass, im good with that to get the push button. :-)

bigtone1013
07-21-13, 04:59 PM
What is the distance on the remote start.

babylade
08-16-13, 08:05 AM
....So far it works pretty good.

It's been a while now, how is it? Any frustrations? I'm about to put in a simular system once I find a good installer in Jacksonville.

Escapade
08-16-13, 09:05 AM
Remote Start still keeps me smiling :)

lilpenny1
08-18-13, 04:32 AM
@babylade, nope so far no problems. What's the name of the system you are looking at? This one is made for GM Vehicles.

babylade
09-26-13, 09:51 PM
Just had this iKEY RS from Digital Guard Dawg installed today and it’s 95% perfect. My installer had the ‘lade for 6 hours to remove an alarm system (to fix the sh!**y Viper install) and install it right.

BAD: Still have to use a key in the ignition to put it in gear. We are working on solving that, so it’s truly “keyless”.
Round antennas are visible through the glass (front & back)

GOOD: RFID lock and unlock works perfect.
Push start is cool and has 3 modes (Start, ACC for radio only, and ACC plus fans and stuff)
Has an alarm system.
Remote start works like before.

Nice Ride
09-27-13, 09:06 AM
Keep us posted...

lilpenny1
09-30-13, 11:15 AM
You should of used the system I have, much better. No problems so far.

babylade
10-01-13, 07:34 AM
@lilpenny1, I considered it but also wanted the RFID keyless entry. This was the only system that would do it all without having two seperate systems to install. Is your shifter always unlocked, or does it unlock when you start it?

lilpenny1
10-01-13, 11:54 AM
I have keyless entry also. I walk up to the door and I can unlock or lock the door w/o pressing the key fob. Are you referring to that or something different? I believe the shifter is unlocked on start.

babylade
10-06-13, 08:30 AM
The lock/ unlock function I was after is the same as Corvettes and others, where it senses the FOB within a few feet then locks/ unlocks. What I've found out is that GM's security will only unlock the shifter with a key, so it has to be disabled or have a modded key inserted and turned to ACC (covered or uncovered). In either one of those, the truck can be put into gear when it's not running and I'm not comfortable knowing that could happen.