: Whistling tweeting sound

Fraggy
06-22-13, 10:52 AM
I've the issue where after I get to about 45-50mph my car makes a whistling/tweeting noise. My wife says just from the wind, but if it is, that's weird. It is intermittent and only happens every so often.

Any ideas? Could it be the shutters behind the grill?

sopipari
06-22-13, 03:56 PM
If you are a 2.0T, it sounds like you are describing turbo whine. One of my favorite car noises.

Fraggy
06-22-13, 07:00 PM
I'm not thinking turbo cause its only intermittent during cruising situations, not really an acceleration issue. And it kinda tweets and whistles.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-22-13, 07:12 PM
I've the issue where after I get to about 45-50mph my car makes a whistling/tweeting noise. My wife says just from the wind, but if it is, that's weird. It is intermittent and only happens every so often.

Any ideas? Could it be the shutters behind the grill?

Hello Fraggy,

I apologize you are experiencing an intermittent strange noise while driving around 50 mph in your ATS. I see that you are asking the community for any ideas they have on the sound, but I wanted to extend my assistance in working with the dealership if you were thinking about taking it into one regarding this issue. Please message me privately if this is the route you would like to pursue. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Fraggy
06-22-13, 07:17 PM
I think I'll have them look at it next time it's in, not enough of an issue to take it in otherwise. I'm hoping the community can help me diagnose it from their experiences so that I can give the service department a heads up with what's wrong.

WannaV
06-26-13, 03:01 PM
I have a 2.0T and it does that - usually when the car is in a lower gear and you push on accelerator slightly - sounds like a belt squealing for a second or two very faint. I don't have the shutters on my car so it isn't that. Try pushing brake at standstill and push accelerator slightly and see if it happens. I am guessing it is something with the turbo.....