: Non-Amber Daytime Running Lights

lawfive
02-09-05, 06:25 PM
Has anybody come up with a clear lens for the daytime running lights (either a GM part or fabricated)? Searched the forum, but only found a way to disable them. I'd rather have them on, but non-amber.

-- Jerry

jdodman
02-09-05, 06:53 PM
Someone once posted they thought the XLR had the clear running lights and looked to be the same lense. I went to the local Caddy dealer and did not see the similarity, so I just decided it was not a direct swap.

That is the closest I heard of a clear running light.

benjet
02-09-05, 06:56 PM
I thought that was the SRX, not the XLR. Not sure of size fit tho.

BowenCT
02-09-05, 07:46 PM
Yeah, it was the SRX...........here's the link:

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21161&highlight=clear+srx+lenses

benjet
02-09-05, 07:56 PM
Hey that was quite a while ago, an no closure on this has ever been posted....hmm who's gonna volunteer to find out if they swap out (size)?

fcuk
04-05-05, 01:19 AM
I was talking to a corvette buddy of mine about the amber DRL's. He said corvette people have been doing this for years. You put the lens's in the oven on 350 for a minute or two, take them out, and on the back there is a silicon film. You get a knife or something and scrape it off. I cant confirm if it works, he hasn't done it. Havnet found anything on the vette forums yet.

trukk
04-05-05, 01:15 PM
heh, those orange lights get almost as much bad press at the F1 EMT's.

I like both :)

-Chris

oceanhut
04-05-05, 01:24 PM
heh, those orange lights get almost as much bad press at the F1 EMT's.

I like both :)

-Chris

To be honest, I really like the orange lights too.

On my previous cars, I would immediately order clear corner lenses. However, the orange lights on a black cts-v just look incredibly mean. They give an evil appearance to the edgy looks of our cars-- almost like glowing eyes.

As for swapping them out, Im pretty sure the fogs from the SRX are almost a direct swap.

jdodman
04-05-05, 02:41 PM
I like the amber lights on my Black Grand National....Until I saw a GN with White ones....

blown65
04-05-05, 02:51 PM
I dont mind the yellow so much when the lights are on, but I dislike the yellow lens when they are off.

lasstss
04-05-05, 04:21 PM
I posted this earlier but you can also get a Glass CTS headlight capsule. GErmany export. A little pricy though...

FastVee
04-05-05, 05:43 PM
I like the ambers myself....i can spot a GM anywhere with them and ours are bright. i suggest that you turn the light knob from auto to off and twist the fog lamps on to get your white driving lights.