: Skip-shift Check Engine Light please help!!!

alexmaksimov
06-22-13, 04:31 AM
Hey everyone,

INTRO:
I got a 2005 cts-v with red leather interior lowered on h&R and full magnaflow exaust, and few other mods. I love this car very much, but the check engine light has been bothering me for a while. I got it diagnosed as the 1-4 skip shift transmission code. I am familiar with what skip shift is and the (useless) reasons GM decided to do this. :hmm:

THE PROBLEM:
I cant find a way to make the light go off permanently. There has to be a way! I turned it off through a computer, it turns back on. I plug in a resistor to bypass the code, it doesn't work. What can i do? I want to sell it but i can't if the check engine light is on... and i dont want to just unplug it i am an honest guy i want to just fix the problem. Please Someone Help! :bonkers:

-Alex

mstrjon32
06-22-13, 05:13 AM
Um...plug the skip shift solenoid back in?

alexmaksimov
06-22-13, 05:52 AM
This code came on before i even messed with that solenoid. Maybe the actual solenoid died then? Sorry i'm just no good with this electrical stuff..

And if my original skip shift solenoid died, is there a way i can buy a new one? You think the dealers will have it?

Thanks in advance!

mstrjon32
06-22-13, 06:20 AM
Is it forcing skip-shifts with the solenoid plugged in? If it isn't...then you might want to pull the solenoid out and test it. If it's good, then you've got some hunting to do...

alexmaksimov
06-22-13, 06:40 AM
It wasnt forcing, but sometimes it would grind just a little bit when i put it into 2nd gear from 1st. Barely noticable though.. Then it stopped and the light came on. So i decided to plug in a resistor and it stopped the light grinding, but the check engine code is still on!

Thanks for all your advice btw!

robojesus
06-22-13, 09:17 AM
what does your honesty have to do with anything? You get a damn 2.2K ohm resistor, unplug the CAGS harness from the tranny, shove the resistor into the harness, zip tie it in, and wrap it in electrical tape.

"I'm an honest guy" what the hell are you talking about?

alexmaksimov
06-22-13, 12:41 PM
thnx for the advice...

That's exactly what i did i have that 2.2 ohm resistor on it. Maybe i received a faulty one..

I just meant like i don't wanna do anything stupid to trick the person buying it. (like unplugging the light.)

robojesus
06-22-13, 03:13 PM
ohhh.

Just explain to him how it works. The resistor is what a lot of people without HP Tuners are able to do.

isis
06-24-13, 05:02 PM
thnx for the advice...

That's exactly what i did i have that 2.2 ohm resistor on it. Maybe i received a faulty one..

I just meant like i don't wanna do anything stupid to trick the person buying it. (like unplugging the light.)

Might be a typo but 2.2k ohm is not the same as 2.2 ohm.