: Seals leaking...

cattydrvr
02-09-05, 04:39 PM
Hey guys..haven't really had to look up posts because I hadnt had anymore probs with my cat but things are looking bad...So I go get an oil change at the local Jiffy Lube & after concerned faces they find my oil canister cap is was cracked (apparently from the last guy). Next, they told me that for the bargain price $2500.00 they could repair my leaky seals. I checked & they are right the seals are leaking & there is a little bit of oil on the manifold...I know I'm in it for a serious one again...can I get any info about this problem...Im hoping my extended warranty will cover it...but most likely doubt it...just when I was saving enough to take that weekend getaway....adios paradise...thanks for any input.

Vesicant
02-09-05, 04:48 PM
Woah woah woah, 2500 for valve cover(s) is just not right- usual price should be less than 1000. Since you only have one leaking, it should only be around 2-500.

Second, never let Jiffy lube or other places like that do the repair. Third.. one quick fix that some have done is gone in and tightened the bolts on the cover.

Do you have a GM extended warranty? That will probably cover it.

cattydrvr
02-09-05, 07:19 PM
Thank you JefferyG...You're the kryptonite to our catera's...:worship:
I'm taking it to the dealer...hopefully they won't charge $85 to take a look at it...after the valve covers are fixed what should I watch out for..I mean I had the alignment prob fixed, the engine oil cooler, the hose leak...hmm what else...should I be okay for now....

Vesicant
02-09-05, 07:26 PM
Should be ok .

Lets still hope though that the extended warranty covers it. Who knows what GM can pull on ya lol.