: Anyone Know thie V?

BlownCadi
06-22-13, 12:42 AM
Im in the market for a V and Im thinking about buying this one. Any know the previous owner?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=45039&endYear=2009&modelCode1=CTS&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=2009&makeCode1=CAD&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=25&mmt=%5BCAD%5BCTS%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=347360984&listingIndex=2&Log=0

I went and looked at it tonight (they were closed) just by looking at it from the outside and the pics I know it has an Air Raid intake and cut outs on the rear section of the exhaust. How can I tell if it has any other mods (more or less pulleys)? Im sure I can tell if there are aftermarket headers and stuff like that. Is there any way to find out if the stock tune is on the car?

flatrockguy
06-24-13, 08:47 AM
I ran the VIN and it has been in for a few warranty items. Replaced super charger, radio, radio control module, heater/air control module, repaired two toe links and misc. other items. It has been serviced in many states, PA, LA, MI, MA, AR and OH

asilver
06-25-13, 09:20 AM
That's a high price for that many miles, and especially with that kind of jaded history....run away

----------

plus no recaro's, plus it has mods and is at a dealership, all things that would make me hesitate

Arca500
06-26-13, 05:02 PM
It is a High price for the miles. With 45k on it, it should be priced at about 39k to 41k realistically IMO. Plus, no Recaro seat package and the upgrades are not a plus rather, they are a negative for resale (or should be viewed as such for your buying purposes) The car looks killer but, I'd steer clear. It has a strange past. Red Flag

vfaninva
06-27-13, 10:28 PM
It is a High price for the miles. With 45k on it, it should be priced at about 39k to 41k realistically IMO. Plus, no Recaro seat package and the upgrades are not a plus rather, they are a negative for resale (or should be viewed as such for your buying purposes) The car looks killer but, I'd steer clear. It has a strange past. Red Flag

Ditto

Salsbury1
06-27-13, 11:25 PM
Yea I'm looking as well and it's to high.

beav626
06-28-13, 10:56 AM
Ive got an 11 Coupe im trying to sell for a similar price if your interested.

BlownCadi
06-28-13, 11:43 PM
Really its had all those things replaced. I did go and look at it the other day while they were open and they claim it has 700 hp. It does sound amazing. It has the intake the exhaust and at least headers. The upper pulley really didn't look stock either and it sounded like it possibly could be cammed. They justified the price because of the horse power. Im thinking maybe staying away from this one because of the repair list.

----------

They actually said they would drop the price to 42k...you guys think I should still stay away?

----------

flatrockguy can you see how many owners it's had?

flatrockguy
06-29-13, 06:45 AM
All I can see is the warranty repairs, no owner information.

oneman42
06-29-13, 10:47 AM
Really its had all those things replaced. I did go and look at it the other day while they were open and they claim it has 700 hp. It does sound amazing. It has the intake the exhaust and at least headers. The upper pulley really didn't look stock either and it sounded like it possibly could be cammed. They justified the price because of the horse power. Im thinking maybe staying away from this one because of the repair list.

----------

They actually said they would drop the price to 42k...you guys think I should still stay away?

----------

flatrockguy can you see how many owners it's had?

It's tempting isn't it? But if you blow a piston the first time you take the car out, you will regret the move. There is no warranty honored for that car. The claim for 700HP is at the wheels or the fly wheel? At the wheels will justify the cam and either way the pulley.

As for the previous owners I think carfax can give you an idea for how many times the car was registered and a little bit of a service history. If you are in the market for a car maybe buy a five search package and make sure you use it or help somebody else.
HTH,
George