: DTE STAGE I & II 2005 PCM PERFORMANCE UPGRADE COMPLETE

Dynotech Engineering
02-09-05, 04:27 PM
We have now completed our Stage I & II PCM performance upgrades for the 2005 model-year Cadillac CTS-V and they are available as of this writing. These two upgrades implement the same performance enhancements/improvements to the vehicle as our popular 2004 version does, so now DTE covers both current model years thus far.

All of the improvements/enhancements for either Stage or model year can be seen here in detail.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Happy motoring gents! :)

Best Regards,
DTE

SBONES
02-09-05, 06:22 PM
what if we already have the cags on. how long will the car be down for..my v just through a lean code(check engine light came on).will this help with that?

Dynotech Engineering
02-09-05, 06:27 PM
We return the PCM back to you the very next day after we receive it, via next-day-air. You can leave your !CAGS installed if you want to, but it is not required and will not hurt the function of the PCM calibration if its left attached.

It sounds as if your vehicle has a problem, so we suggest that it be looked at first before you decide to increase the performance of the car. Our programs are engineered to enhance performance, not cover up a underlying problem with the car that should be corrected before you continue with performance upgrades.

Best Regards,
Phil- DTE

ssmith100
02-09-05, 06:37 PM
Phil,

This may be a dumb question......................but were is the PCM located in the V.:banghead: I need to pull mine and send it to you guys. I'm assuming just disconnect the negative to the battery and then unplug the PCM. Will I need to ship it in some kind of antistatic wrap???

Thanks,
Shane

Dynotech Engineering
02-09-05, 06:53 PM
The PCM is located in the nose of the car under the airbox and you can access it from the underneath the car.

Yes, please do disconnect the battery first before you do anything with PCM removal-installation and we include a "re-installation procedure" document in the box for you to follow which makes re-installation a snap.

No need for antistatic packaging... Just put long strips of duct tape over the PCM connector sockets to prevent dirt from entering and wrap the PCM very well with bubble wrap. Also, be sure to insure the shipment for a bit more than the full replacement value of the box in case your shipper damages it during transit. (we insure to $400)

Best Regards,
Phil- DTE

ctsvett
02-09-05, 07:38 PM
Instructions to remove and install PCM are here:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/sm/pcm/

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com
"accept no substitute"

SBONES
02-09-05, 08:17 PM
they said the lean code is from the more cai, im thinking of going to the ffv. there is no problem other than that. the car only has 3000 miles on it. im getting the rear end bushing put in as we speek. as soon as i get the car back and make sure everything is ok, ill send it to you. when i got my harley remaped it ran like a rapped ape, i hope this is the same thing...:)

thanks for all your info,
Bones P.S. stage 2 if anything, right?

Dynotech Engineering
02-09-05, 08:23 PM
We developed this PCM calibration using a More open element CAIK, so you shouldn't have any issues with our calibration, as long as their diagnosis was accurate and there is not something else that's causing the problem. :)

Best Regards,
DTE

6DN69
02-09-05, 09:08 PM
Phil,

I have a 2005 with BB SS headers, BB SS exhaust with x-pipe, and the more performance CAI. Are you working on a stage III?

If I switched CAIs, is there a need for reprogramming the box?

I would like to keep my box so do you have cores for sale?

Thanks

Dynotech Engineering
02-09-05, 09:23 PM
We only provide mail-order PCM calibration upgrades for the products/combinations we actually use and test here on the chassis dyno. There is just *no way* a tuner can be as accurate with a long-distance calibration as compared to having the vehicle in person, although some folks do that with questionable success sometimes.... We don't take chances on your car's engine tuning that way or by sending you a PCM modification who's combinations we've either not tested together, or have not had direct, personal experience with ourselves.

We also only use the original PCM that actually came from the vehicle as opposed to using "donor" boxes. We've been there, done that before MANNYYY times and believe us, it's definately a LOT more hassle than its worth to swap mis-matched parts around...for either party. We're not going down that road again and we really do this for your own (and your car's) benefit.

Hope that clarify's things a bit. :)

Best Regards,
Phil- DTE

6DN69
02-10-05, 08:06 AM
We only provide mail-order PCM calibration upgrades for the products/combinations we actually use and test here on the chassis dyno.

Phil,

So the answer is no...unless I have the exact setup you have :confused: like the Stainless Works long tube headers, 2 1/2" stainless steel Corsa exhaust system, and More Performance CAIK, correct?

I understand about the box swap but it sure would be nice to have the car serviced without the worry that some tech is going to reflash the box without me knowing about it.

Wally

Dynotech Engineering
02-10-05, 08:46 AM
Correct. :)

SBONES
02-10-05, 10:31 AM
so, just making sure. Your guys tested it with everything i have. Corsa, more cai combination. I just want to make sure this is a good thing.

Dynotech Engineering
02-10-05, 10:40 AM
Yes, everything you see listed in those PCM calibration details is what we used for development and the success we've had with this inexpensive modification has validated that it is indeed worth it for the performance gain. Furthermore, DTE provides other peripheral benefits of the calibration that NO hand-held type programmer does. :)

Best Regards,
DTE

V-seriesTech
02-10-05, 11:48 AM
Any time your TUNEING a car, anycar, the best way, hands down, no matter what, is with THAT car on a dyno. Mail order programs are awesome, and no doubt they work, example, Ed wright(fastchips), dynotech engineering, etc etc....but in reality, a Hand held programmer is doing the same thing. It has a base tune, a performance tune, that uploads into your PCM. Therefore altering it. I would put a mail order tune, in the same catagory as a hand held programmer. They both work awesome, and affordable but,....coming from a world of 9 second corvettes, ten second camaros...i'd have to say LS1 edit, tuned on a dyno, for the absoulte best in performance and driveability, let alone a safe tune.

willsctsv
02-11-05, 09:21 PM
Don't most computers have the ability to compensate for minor bolt on mods? If this is true your remapped chip doesn't need to be programed for every mod unless your getting into cams, head work etc?
I just got the FFV today, will install it tomorrow. I would like your chip upgrade, and will probably do the exhaust next. No need to re-write the chip, right or wrong, even the addition of headers should be ok.. Thanks in advance for your answers..

6DN69
02-12-05, 01:29 PM
Don't most computers have the ability to compensate for minor bolt on mods? If this is true your remapped chip doesn't need to be programed for every mod unless your getting into cams, head work etc?
I just got the FFV today, will install it tomorrow. I would like your chip upgrade, and will probably do the exhaust next. No need to re-write the chip, right or wrong, even the addition of headers should be ok.. Thanks in advance for your answers..

I wondered about the same thing. :hmm: Why can't the PCM tune compensate for use/change of different manufactures...meaning if the tune was done using Kooks, Stainless Works, etc., headers and decide to change to BB headers, why can't I still use the same PCM tune and have to retune? I thought headers, CAIK, exhaustd setups were just that and changing it would not cause adverse effects? :bonkers: Help me out on this guys...I'm really trying to understand this. Thanks