: 2012 SW drivers window will not go up

Tom Wheeler
06-21-13, 10:23 PM
I was waiting in my car while my wife was shopping, all windows down, sun roof opened. She came back and went to put up all windows, three went up and my drivers side window would just go up about an inch and then quickly go back down. Looked at the manual and tried to do the reprograming but that didn't work. Any body have any ideas? This is the first issue I have had with my CTS since new in Feb 2012.
Thanks,
Tom

jeffc83
06-22-13, 09:00 AM
This happened to me when I had my Maxima...turned out to be a window regulator malfunction. I was covered under warranty at the time but remember it wasn't a very expensive repair. (under 200) Maybe your CTS is running into the same issue.

hauler
06-22-13, 11:38 AM
Could be reversing due to pressure (anti pinch feature). Try grabbing it on the way up and helping it. You finally get to use your warranty.

Tom Wheeler
06-22-13, 12:02 PM
I took my SW to Suburban Cadillac in Troy, MI. as my normal dealer Crestview Cadillac service is closed on Saturdays. Let me say they treated me well, got there at 8 and was out of there by 9. It was the regulator and they had them it stock and all is well again with my CTS.
Great service from Suburban Cadillac, just like I have received over the past 10 years from Crestview Cadillac. Thanks guys on this forum as well.

Tom

jeffc83
06-22-13, 12:07 PM
Nice to hear it was a quick fix. Thanks for the update!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-22-13, 06:03 PM
I took my SW to Suburban Cadillac in Troy, MI. as my normal dealer Crestview Cadillac service is closed on Saturdays. Let me say they treated me well, got there at 8 and was out of there by 9. It was the regulator and they had them it stock and all is well again with my CTS.
Great service from Suburban Cadillac, just like I have received over the past 10 years from Crestview Cadillac. Thanks guys on this forum as well.

Tom
Hello Tom,

I’m happy to hear that you were able to get into another dealerships service department on a Saturday and get your vehicle fixed. Especially since it seems like it’s about to rain here in Michigan. I’m glad that you were able to get in and out of the dealership and that you were very satisfied with their service. If you have any further concerns regarding your CTS, please feel free to reach out to us via private message so we can look into it for you. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care