: electric trunk lid pop up

sonruptl
02-09-05, 01:08 PM
at the time my new 2001 eldorado's trunk lid would not pop up because of spring tension not strong enough to lift the lid. Cadillac tried many different locations to re-locate the spring for longer leverage without success. I suggested to install to springs inside one another, by corkscrewing a smaller spring inside the larger spring, and then re-attach both springs to the original attachment locations, that's 2 springs each side, and this worked and has worked ever since (4 yrs)

GIL73
03-25-08, 02:40 PM
at the time my new 2001 eldorado's trunk lid would not pop up because of spring tension not strong enough to lift the lid. Cadillac tried many different locations to re-locate the spring for longer leverage without success. I suggested to install to springs inside one another, by corkscrewing a smaller spring inside the larger spring, and then re-attach both springs to the original attachment locations, that's 2 springs each side, and this worked and has worked ever since (4 yrs)
Had the same problem after installing a spoiler. Added 2 short bungee cords to each spring. Pop up opens full bore now.