: DHS 2000 won't start after changing CranKshaft and CaMshaft Position Sensors

gperezcpa
06-21-13, 05:42 PM
I need help my 2000 Cadillac DHS wont start after changing crankshaft and camshaft sensors

Submariner409
06-22-13, 10:28 AM
Let's move this to the Engines, Northstar Performance forum.

Manic Mechanic
06-22-13, 01:16 PM
Then you have the crankshaft sensors wrong, there's an upper and lower. Or you have the plugs wrong, they are also upper and lower. Or Both. In any case the signal will be incorrect causing a no start. I've spelled it out in the past, search my name with cranshaft sensor in the search box.

Vernon

Submariner409
06-22-13, 02:22 PM
The kicker is that his 2000 has CKP's that will mount in the correct hole only, and electrical connectors that will connect to the correct CKP only.

Thus the two different part numbers.

Click the thumbnail to enlarge, use your browser < tab to back out to this post.

maeng9981
06-26-13, 09:06 AM
Check the codes to see if you have any current ones set. Maybe a connector is not fully plugged in.

What brand sensors did you use?

Manic Mechanic
06-26-13, 01:07 PM
Usually when they don't respond within a day to a responce they never do. Thanks for the tip Sub, I didn't know the older ones were identical. Since the OP wasn't keeping up with his post I didn't say anything and moved on. I figure they found something like an unplugged sensor or take it to a shop and forget about these kinds of posts when they cry help and disapear.

Vernon