: Anyone recommend a good performance shop in St. Louis?

fastpharmd
06-21-13, 05:19 PM
Hey STL folks!

Can any of you recommend me a good shop to do some work I want done on my 09 V Sedan?

Looking to do upper pulley, possibly port the TB and snout, maybe some headers (possibly the ones in my signature....), maybe some exhaust work, and a dyno tune.

I have previously worked with Ben Kraven and will never do so again, but other recommendations would be appreciated.

ruskiyab
06-21-13, 11:57 PM
I've seen some good work out of Craven, a buddy of mine ran 10 something a few weeks ago with some ironing out left. Just out of curiosity, why are you against them?

xsvn2o
06-22-13, 12:14 AM
Pm'd

Houdini
06-22-13, 11:51 AM
Give Chad Barton of CBI a call. He's in Hillsboro. Dave Steck of DSX did my steet tune after Chad finished the wrenching.

fastpharmd
06-22-13, 04:08 PM
I've seen some good work out of Craven, a buddy of mine ran 10 something a few weeks ago with some ironing out left. Just out of curiosity, why are you against them?

Without getting into details, a poor tune resulted in a lean situation which toasted the top of 2 pistons in a previous project.

STL09 V
06-22-13, 10:35 PM
Give Chad Barton of CBI a call. He's in Hillsboro. Dave Steck of DSX did my steet tune after Chad finished the wrenching.

Yep. Chad did all of my work too and Dave hammered out the tuning.

----------

Without getting into details, a poor tune resulted in a lean situation which toasted the top of 2 pistons in a previous project.

I know who tunes over there. Doesn't supirse me one bit. I know of tons of horror stories coming out of that shop.

stl_ls1gto
06-23-13, 02:39 AM
I have talked chad and am going to have him put on an rx intercooler chiller on my supercharged gto, then have Dave tune it. I can't comment on the work though as it is not done yet. I will probably have Dave tune my V wagon as well, but it is going to stay stock except for a modified stock airbox.