: Road Trip Sucess

hturner0iii0
06-21-13, 05:18 PM
Hello all,
Just got back from a 2700 mile road trip from Chicago to Tennessee to SC and back. The truck performed flawlessly. I was able to get upwards of 16 MPG on the highway which is good enough for me. It is now time for an oil change. I will be getting it changed pretty soon here. I remember reading about how to reset the oil life meter to 100% but I can't find the thread. Could someone please tell me how to do it. Thanks
Could some please

wesyder
06-21-13, 05:29 PM
Hello all,
Just got back from a 2700 mile road trip from Chicago to Tennessee to SC and back. The truck performed flawlessly. I was able to get upwards of 16 MPG on the highway which is good enough for me. It is now time for an oil change. I will be getting it changed pretty soon here. I remember reading about how to reset the oil life meter to 100% but I can't find the thread. Could someone please tell me how to do it. Thanks
Could some please

Turn key to the on position not running and immediately press the gas to the floor 3 times

the cadillac man
06-21-13, 06:03 PM
Turn key to the on position not running and immediately press the gas to the floor 3 times

That's 02 and older the 03-06 its reset using the steering wheel controls
The fuel pump key brings it up on the info screen and the enter key resets it(press and hold till it displays oil life reset)

TLMC
06-21-13, 09:43 PM
Thats funny I have an 03 and I turn the key on and depress gas pedal 3 times and it resets my oil life.

rfishoutofwater
06-21-13, 09:47 PM
Thats funny I have an 03 and I turn the key on and depress gas pedal 3 times and it resets my oil life.

I have an 05 and i reset mine this way too.

the cadillac man
06-21-13, 11:42 PM

I was told by the service manager at
My local dealer that it will reset either way

wesyder
06-22-13, 11:09 AM
That's 02 and older the 03-06 its reset using the steering wheel controls
The fuel pump key brings it up on the info screen and the enter key resets it(press and hold till it displays oil life reset)

My 05 uses the pedal i cannot reset with the controls

the cadillac man
06-22-13, 12:54 PM
My 05 uses the pedal i cannot reset with the controls

Gm must have been playing around with the software

Mark Edward Morrison
06-22-13, 01:22 PM
My 04 can be reset with the controls, simply scroll to your oil reading % and when it is on your DIC hold down the arrow button (bottom right side of steering wheel) for like 5 seconds and it rests to 100%. This is only way I have ever reset mine....

the cadillac man
06-22-13, 01:37 PM
My 04 can be reset with the controls, simply scroll to your oil reading % and when it is on your DIC hold down the arrow button (bottom right side of steering wheel) for like 5 seconds and it rests to 100%. This is only way I have ever reset mine....

That is the only way I have reset mine in my 03

My moms 02 uses the pedal x3 trick
My dads 03 hummer h2 can be reset with the steering wheel controls

2005_ESCALADE
06-26-13, 06:07 PM
Hello all,
Could some please

Congrats on the safe trip!!