: The w-3.1 Corsica de la Muerte

davesdeville
02-09-05, 02:49 AM
Countless hours, several dollars from each of 3 monetary contributors, several cans of spray paint, and damn near a gallon of Bondo have gone into the creation of the hood for the Corsica W-3.1. The Olds 442 w-30 and w-31 had this style of hood scoops kinda, and the Corsica has a 3.1 liter V6 so that's where that name came from. It's also known as the Corsica de la Muerte for all the ricers it's killed. I'm going to make a page about it on my site this weekend and I'll have all the pics I've take up there then and I'll post a link. I'll also post a picture of the owner's 76 Lincoln Continental Town Coupe just to show that he has a better car than this hoopty ass beater:

http://500caddy.us/Random/W3.1.JPG

And if you look in the background you can spot my mom's yellow 78 Volvo wagon with over 283K on it.

Ralph
02-09-05, 10:46 PM
I know how rippy those 3.1's are because on our Phoenix coupe I have the 2.8 (3.1 bored out) Lots of torque and for 1980 with a Rochester carb it was rated at 150 lbs. ft. of torque. Half of a Mustang GT vintage 1987 & up, and easily powerful to take many heavier cars with smogger engines, especially because of the light weight. I suprised lots of '80's Camaros at the lights, problem is that they would usually catch up. :shhh:

For a disposable car, THAT doesn't look too bad I have to admit! I notice you built the scoops tapering to the fenders.....why? Why not just have them the same depth the entire width?

davesdeville
02-10-05, 09:11 PM
We suck at fabricating is why it looks crappy. It was designed to be level on the top, but it didn't work out... The old white regular hood is back on already. We're going to try and sell it on ebay. It was fun to have on driving around, but then when he drove it to school it was too embarassing. The plus side is we found a paint color that seems to match his car so we might be painting the white part.

Kev
02-10-05, 09:23 PM
:histeric:
Oh, I'm sorry......
:histeric::histeric:
I just can't help myself!!!

Kev

davesdeville
02-10-05, 09:32 PM
:histeric:
Oh, I'm sorry......
:histeric::histeric:
I just can't help myself!!!

Kev

That's the reaction I'm looking for! :D

Oh yeah pics of the Lincoln coming tomorrow or Saturday.

Ralph
02-10-05, 09:34 PM
Dave, is that you in the pic?? You look like you are about to take a leak all over the front of that poor car! :lildevil:

davesdeville
02-10-05, 09:39 PM
Nah that's my friend Lucas. He's got a 4.0 Cherokee that's pretty cool. And I took the pic when Lucas was walking in front of the car. I was gonna take a pic of the owner who was getting in at the time, but he saw the camera and ran.

Jesda
02-11-05, 09:01 AM
They look like supplemental storage compartments.

evilrussian
02-11-05, 06:42 PM
:histeric: I bet you had to pick out dead birds out of those chutes.

Kev
02-11-05, 06:48 PM
Nah that's my friend Lucas. He's got a 4.0 Cherokee that's pretty cool. And I took the pic when Lucas was walking in front of the car. I was gonna take a pic of the owner who was getting in at the time, but he saw the camera and ran.
OK Dave, what I want to know is, how many beers did you guys have to down before comming up with such an ill-fated.. .er.. uh..I mean... ..cool idea?
lol

Kev

Kev
02-11-05, 06:54 PM
"Corsica de la Muerte"
I love it, it sings!

"My name.. is Muerte. It mean DEATH!" - Muerte (aka Morty) in 'Undercover Blues' (Stanely Tucci)

Kev

davesdeville
02-11-05, 07:55 PM
It started out as a joke but then we did it. We were sober too so we can't blame alcohol. :helpless:

Kev your avitar is creepy.

Ralph
02-11-05, 07:59 PM
Did you get the scoops functional?? I would like to see a pic of the underside. ;)

Kev
02-11-05, 08:00 PM
Kev your avitar is creepy.
Sick, ain't it? It does make ya look twice don't it?
Not sure how long I'll keep it.

Kev

Ralph
02-11-05, 08:01 PM
Sick, ain't it? It does make ya look twice don't it?
Not sure how long I'll keep it.

Kev

Only the BEST NATASHA pics remain for a few days, so you'd better do the same! ;)

CREEPY as hell comes to mind! :suspense:

Kev
02-11-05, 08:03 PM
Only the BEST NATASHA pics remain for a few days, so you'd better do the same! ;)

CREEPY as hell comes to mind! :suspense:
This one better?

Kev

Ralph
02-11-05, 08:07 PM
This one better?

Kev

I think I've seen a big poster on that saying something like "think YOUR having a bad hair day!!"

davesdeville
02-11-05, 09:29 PM
Did you get the scoops functional?? I would like to see a pic of the underside. ;)

Nah like I said we already took the hood off... It might go back on sometime though.

Alright I talked to Evan today and tomorrow we're going to work on the intake system tomorrow if it's not raining too much.

90Brougham350
02-12-05, 08:09 PM
Hahaha, that's great! That's honest hard work that really shows! No, I'm not being sarcastic, but it's pretty hilarious that it's a Corsica! When I was 17 I got the bright idea I should make bondo fins on my 85 Parisienne. After my dad asked why there was 2 gallons of bondo in the garage, I ended up not doing the fins......Dads always have a kind way of telling you your a dumbass! Keep up the good work on the Corsi!

Brian

davesdeville
02-13-05, 04:43 AM
Well I was gonna take a pic of the big Lincoln today because man that's a nice car but it was raining and my friend didn't want to take it out of the garage. Didn't work on the air intake either cause of the rain. There's always next weekend :(

davesdeville
02-22-05, 07:48 PM
1976 Lincoln Continental Town Coupe 460:

http://500caddy.us/pics/lincoln/LincolnSide.JPG
http://500caddy.us/pics/lincoln/LincolnFront.JPG
http://500caddy.us/pics/lincoln/LincolnRear.JPG
What pothole? :cool:

Kev
02-22-05, 07:53 PM
Ooh, that's purddy!
PLEASE - PLEASE don't put a hood scoop on that one!!!!!!! :helpless: :bonkers: :crying2: :shocked2:

Elvis
02-23-05, 04:03 PM
Now THAT'S a luxury car.

Ralph
02-23-05, 04:13 PM
I call those front-ends "deer slicers."

There is one up the street from me in mint condition and you can land a helicopter on the hood!

They look close to the 70's Grand Marquis. I wonder if they shared a chassis.

ShadowLvr400
02-23-05, 04:14 PM
Buddy of mine had a 77 Town Coupe... With the glass roof. He sold it because he's got a kid on the way. Bad friend, hopefully the new owner will restore it. :(

davesdeville
02-24-05, 09:57 PM
The new plan is to take a supercharger from a 3.8 and stick it on the 3100 this summer. Then it truely will be the Corsica de la Muerte.. I think he wants it fast enough to take my ETC but I can't let that happen.

slk230mb
02-24-05, 11:11 PM
The new plan is to take a supercharger from a 3.8 and stick it on the 3100 this summer. Then it truely will be the Corsica de la Muerte.. I think he wants it fast enough to take my ETC but I can't let that happen.

Sounds interesting, but make sure your taillights are the last thing he sees... :devil: