: Help needed trying to watch a whole movie at Drive-in

JUSTMY2CENTS
06-21-13, 02:21 PM
Took the family to a local drive-in movie last weekend. During the last half of the movie the radio keep cutting off due to the "battery saving mode". Any way to by pass this on a 2010 ESV?

blackex
06-21-13, 02:26 PM
Did you leave the key in the on position?

JUSTMY2CENTS
06-21-13, 02:54 PM
No. It was on second "click", which is position B/accessory.

RippyPartsDept
06-21-13, 03:47 PM
try starting the vehicle and letting it run for 10 minutes then off for a half hour... then on for ten minutes ... etc

or bring a 'jump box' or similar with you

hcvone
06-21-13, 05:27 PM
Check out my post for dual batteries, or else start your truck every 15 minutes because the stock battery system can not keep up to the full draw of the truck, ask me how I know. :)

MrHolland
06-21-13, 06:06 PM
FAQ and Tech Info sticky near the top of this section has the answers you require.

JUSTMY2CENTS
06-21-13, 06:35 PM
Thanks, Chris/RippyPartsDept. The drive-in will not let us run the engine during movies. If i were to use a "jump box", do I just hook it up like I was trying to jump start a car and just leave it hooked up? Also, what "size" is reasonable for my purpose? I seen wide range in price from $50 to $150+

----------

Check out my post for dual batteries, or else start your truck every 15 minutes because the stock battery system can not keep up to the full draw of the truck, ask me how I know. :)Thanks, I seen your post before, If I remember it correctly I decided against it at the time due to cost. I will look into it again.

RippyPartsDept
06-21-13, 10:34 PM
Yeah hcvone's solution is best.

I'm not sure how much longer a jump box will get you but the general rule is you get what you pay for. Look for the amp hours rating.

FlipEXT
06-22-13, 08:53 AM
Wow! I went to the drive in last week and saw superman and the same thing happened to me. I was super embarrassed. Everyone was starting at me. I probably had the most expensive car out there and needed a jump. Smh....