: An SUV For You Ian!

Ralph
02-08-05, 09:48 PM
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=8104

What do you think of the GS 430?

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=8081&sid=183&n=157

davesdeville
02-08-05, 10:52 PM
A raised minivan and a stubby station wagon. I puke on Lexuses.

Playdrv4me
02-09-05, 12:55 AM
Hehe...

I actually really am impressed by the RX400h not so much because I like the RX to begin with, but because its the first Hybrid with some balls behind it when the Electric side is off. Other than that, I dont think Hybrids are ready for primetime yet, after a little more fine tuning though I will not be surprised if we soon see a V8 mated up to an Electric Powertrain configuration.

The GS is just completely bland to me, Its not so bad from the front, but I do not like the hatchback looking rear end at all. Now Ill tell you what I really wanna go read about is the 2006 Deville info you posted! ;)

BTW... Did you know Im looking at possibly getting a full size GM truck? Either an Escalade or a heavy duty GMC Sierra 4X4 for my move up north, so I may not be a Lexus guy for long. ;)

Ralph
02-09-05, 08:58 PM

The GS is just completely bland to me, Its not so bad from the front, but I do not like the hatchback looking rear end at all. Now Ill tell you what I really wanna go read about is the 2006 Deville info you posted! ;)

BTW... Did you know Im looking at possibly getting a full size GM truck? Either an Escalade or a heavy duty GMC Sierra 4X4 for my move up north, so I may not be a Lexus guy for long. ;)

I like the style of that GS. Every other car in the world seems to be getting more boxy and Lexus is swimming upstream instead.

You just bought your Lexus! Why sell it. I can tell you that it should do just fine in snow and ice because it's heavy enough? You must have some sort of traction control on that Japanese Deville? :sneaky:

Playdrv4me
02-09-05, 09:21 PM
I like the style of that GS. Every other car in the world seems to be getting more boxy and Lexus is swimming upstream instead.

You just bought your Lexus! Why sell it. I can tell you that it should do just fine in snow and ice because it's heavy enough? You must have some sort of traction control on that Japanese Deville? :sneaky:

Hehe, yea it has a pretty good traction control system. I hear snow can pile up pretty high up there in PA though! ;)

Im surprised you like that GS so much... I know you like cars with character just like me, it seems to me to sort of get lost in the crowd.

Ralph
02-09-05, 09:26 PM
Hehe, yea it has a pretty good traction control system. I hear snow can pile up pretty high up there in PA though! ;)

Im surprised you like that GS so much... I know you like cars with character just like me, it seems to me to sort of get lost in the crowd.

It does have an overall shape like a stretched Altima (Maxima?) but I think that style of roundedness is still pleasant to look at. Especially with all the BOXY Cadillacs out there!! The problem with rounded cars sometimes is a lack of rear-seat headroom imo.

Damn, I just said something negative about Cadillacs. :( :hide:

I guess I like the look of the GS, as well as the next Deville too. I would like to see that GS in person as much as the next Deville.

davesdeville
02-09-05, 10:59 PM
We've been stuck with rounded blob cars that look like they've been left out in the sun too long and melted since the late 80s and now that there are a couple that actually have body lines you're complaining? PFF. :suspect:

And I didn't mean I puke on all Lexuses just those two, well and all their "SUV's" that are as blob shaped as Homer Simpson. And some of their cars.... :p

DaveSmed
02-10-05, 12:46 PM

Scranton is hilly too, of all things Subarus are really common there.