: What is this? And is this green bubbly stuff in it normal?

Kartune
06-21-13, 06:46 AM
This is located right below the AIR Control Valve toward the front right of vehicle. See image below for more... :confused:

retho78
06-21-13, 08:22 AM
That's the AC high side pressure valve. From the picture I see it may have a slight leak.

My 98 Catera has the same problem, so just bought the valve last week. The lines do have refrigerant in it and you will have to evacuate refrigerant and then replace the valve.

Here is my thread and shows the part number.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/307122-98-catera-ac-high-pressure-line.html

Thanks.

MoistCabbage
06-21-13, 09:37 AM
The cap is missing. The cap has an o ring, and without it, the valve will leak slightly. Any parts store should have a replacement, just make sure it has an O ring in it.

kaustein
06-21-13, 01:30 PM
obtw, pics nicely done!

Kartune
06-22-13, 01:40 AM
Thanks! So basically I am going to need to replace the whole valve or just a cap? On my grandfather's '98 Catera it looks exactly the same but without the green stuff in it. What does this cap look like?

MoistCabbage
06-22-13, 04:30 AM
Some valves seem to seep more than others. The cap should take care of it as long as it isn't hissing.

Google AC service port cap.

retho78
06-22-13, 08:56 AM
There should be a black rubber cap in the valve and I believe when there is pressure in the line it seals it nice and tight. My has the rubber cap but leaks a little and has a hissing sound. I bought the new valve from amazon.com because I have the prime account and faster shipping. Even rockauto.com sells it.

Thanks.

MoistCabbage
06-22-13, 12:16 PM
A rubber cap? Should be a threaded plastic cap with an o ring inside.

retho78
06-22-13, 01:15 PM
Maybe plastic looked like a hard rubber to me :-).