: Big ATS problem...

Peyton
06-20-13, 10:10 PM
Hello,

To start off, I love cars, in 2010 the SRX got my attention and I got one. It was a performance version I believe, it had a lot of techie stuff. I was unimpressed with fit and finish, yet, good materials. I also hated that the 'chrome tipped exhaust' was just rings around the real exhaust, otherwise good car!

Anyways... fast forward to yesterday, I got a 2013 ATS, new, premium with performance package. Black on black with the updated wheels.

I did my research. I liked the styling better than the competition, read many articles and watched a lot of videos. I test drove one that I was told was EXACTLY THE SAME and FULLY LOADED, except it had the diamond coat black paint instead of black raven. Well that all made sense to me because the one I wanted with black raven paint was also there, same basic price but a little higher due to the wheel cost.

I finally get done after 3 days of going back and forth with paperwork, to come in and pick it up. Everything about the car is perfect except I get in the car and a HUGE glaring problem. There's no heated seats or heated steering wheel. Now I have had 7 cars in my life, my first bing a 2001 manual VW Jetta GLS, and ALL of them have had heated seats... for a #49,630 car, it should have heated seats.

Of course I read the entire window sticker, I talked to my sales person, and yes I never asked specifically 'does it have heated seats?' but he told me it was 'fully loaded' and the thing comes standard with much more expensive things than heated seats such as a HUD, sensors everywhere, back up camera upgraded sound system etc.

So I get in after buying it with the sales person and I say...no heated seats? He says, yes that's another package. I said but you said this was fully loaded? He said well its fully loaded meaning the highest trim level.

I'm not one to want to blow my top or be a jerk so I just said to myself, get over it, its not worth the fight. But I'm a little annoyed by it and was wondering if anyone else had this problem or what I might do about it.

Thanks

SLA
06-20-13, 10:40 PM
If you just got the car, call them. Be assertive but polite. If they are a good dealer they'll work with you on it.

Peyton
06-20-13, 10:58 PM
Thanks, I didn't even negotiate the price of the car down except for their normal GM incentives which I think was a total of $1,800. So they have no reason to think they are getting screwed.

JSATS
06-21-13, 06:39 AM
I have the premium pkg and even though I knew it was an extra 600 bucks for the cold weather pkg I feel it should have come std. How you can sell the top of the line premium pkg and still ask an extra 600 bucks is pretty lame in my book but I drew the line and decided I wasn't going to spend another dime on my 47 thousand dollar car. My wife efeels the same way. She can't understand why the heated seats aren't std like they were on both our Audis but at the same time she feels that paying an extra 600 bucks is just plain stupid on a top of the line pkg car this expensive.

rustybear3
06-21-13, 08:30 AM
You guys fail to realize that in warm weather climates, such as California, etc., that the warm seat and steering wheel option is totally worthless! If you don't need it, why have to pay for it in terms of overall cost?....save $600 and spend it on something else. Nice to have that option. Be more upset with a sales person who "bent the truth" about it being fully loaded.....fully loaded means all the options available in my book!!!! I'd tell them find me another car, or I'd take it up with Cadillac for a truth in advertising claim...

Hoosier Daddy
06-21-13, 08:40 AM
I have the premium pkg and even though I knew it was an extra 600 bucks for the cold weather pkg I feel it should have come std. How you can sell the top of the line premium pkg and still ask an extra 600 bucks is pretty lame in my book but I drew the line and decided I wasn't going to spend another dime on my 47 thousand dollar car. My wife efeels the same way. She can't understand why the heated seats aren't std like they were on both our Audis but at the same time she feels that paying an extra 600 bucks is just plain stupid on a top of the line pkg car this expensive.
Not sure you are looking at it right. They are charging $600 LESS to anyone who doesn't want it, not charging you for it in the price of the car and then not giving it to you. There are LOTS of people who don't want heated seats at any cost. What you are suggesting is that Cadillac should annoy those people or lose sales to avoid other people having to check a box.

SLA
06-21-13, 08:57 AM
You guys fail to realize that in warm weather climates, such as California, etc., that the warm seat and steering wheel option is totally worthless!

Not sure if you've ever traveled around this country, but at least parts of every state in America gets cold at some point. On my trips to California, I definitely could've used heated seats in LA at night in the winter.

rspitler
06-21-13, 09:00 AM
I have heated seats in my 06 Trailblazer SS. I live in Florida. Guess how many times I've used them? Anyone? And I paid for them cuz they were included in a pkg of other options.

Guess if I have heated seats in my Premium 3.6? Nope, but had the choice to save $600.

Hoosier Daddy
06-21-13, 09:07 AM
Not sure if you've ever traveled around this country, but at least parts of every state in America gets cold at some point. On my trips to California, I definitely could've used heated seats in LA at night in the winter.
Too funny.

Let me get this straight. You are saying that anyone who says they don't need heated seats are delusional and that "big auto maker" should protect them from themselves by forcing them to have them. What you may be overlooking is that not everyone NEEDS someone else to protect them from making mistakes.

RippyPartsDept
06-21-13, 09:53 AM
well this went downhill fast

:shtf:

bravnik
06-21-13, 10:01 AM
I live in SF. I like my heated seats but I love the heated steering wheel (I wished my heated grips on my motorcycle worked as fast).

With that said, I would think heated seats/steering wheel should be standard on the premium build. It is the top of the line build and should have all the bells and whistles (with the exception of the 4k nanny package).

Hoosier Daddy
06-21-13, 10:20 AM
well this went downhill fast

:shtf:
Back off. Per the title this is a BIG problem.

Someone needs to make sure what ever car anyone buys is exactly the one they wanted. We can't leave the selection up to the buyer because they could make a mistake, as well documented in this thread.

----------

I would think heated seats/steering wheel should be standard on the premium build. It is the top of the line build and should have all the bells and whistles (with the exception of the 4k nanny package).
I have a great idea. Those who think the Premium package must force heated seats on the buyers shall pick a champion from their ranks. Then those who think the Premium package must force the Driver Assist Package on buyers will choose a champion. Then it will be settled in the prescribed manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRAiUPdRjk

huna
06-21-13, 11:02 AM
Hoosier Daddy, the sarcasm is strong in you!

Lorne
06-21-13, 11:07 AM
In Canada, the cold weather package with heated seats comes standard on every ATS, it's not an option. I rarely use it, but appreciate that they're thinking of us freezing up here!

bluecrayon
06-21-13, 11:09 AM
In Canada, the cold weather package with heated seats comes standard on every ATS, it's not an option. I rarely use it, but appreciate that they're thinking of us freezing up here!

It seems that way in buffalo area as well. Every single one I looked at several different dealers had cold weather package.

Caddy Chris
06-21-13, 11:33 AM
I have heated seats in my CTS I live in Texas and never turn them on. I have ventelated seats as well and they don't work all that well so I don't use them either. When you go to the Cadillac site to build your own it is clear that heated seats is an option on all packages.

Dave3283
06-21-13, 11:37 AM
Lucky me; I got everything I expected - reviewed the brochure a dozen times and confirmed the details of the contract before signing. Even got the lights as described in the brochure.

mbk2010
06-21-13, 11:50 AM
The thing I hated about the Japanese method of bundling was that you were always forced to buy one thing you didn't want to get something you did. I like the fact that you at least have some flexibility when you order your ATS,

gohawks63
06-21-13, 12:20 PM
I live in SF. I like my heated seats but I love the heated steering wheel (I wished my heated grips on my motorcycle worked as fast).

With that said, I would think heated seats/steering wheel should be standard on the premium build. It is the top of the line build and should have all the bells and whistles (with the exception of the 4k nanny package).

I thought that's how Cadillac did that. When I bought my CTS you either bought the Premium model (which I did) that included pretty much everything including heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, navigation, etc. or you bought the performance model and added the option packages you wanted.

Peyton
06-21-13, 01:02 PM
Hey all,

Well its not a huge problem because of the remote start etc but its the principle. I live in Lexington KY which had a 6 month freezing winter last year. I am most annoyed that the sales person told me it was 'exactly like the other one except the real black'.

As far as travelling the country, I just got back from a 7000 mile road trip in 7 days outlined here: https://vimeo.com/68112208 and I can attest that most all of the country gets cold at some point! But I definitely agree with whoever said that people shouldn't have to pay extra for it. I do however think it should be a special order on the premium performance package cars to NOT have it, and give you a discount. However-- if you order a cheeseburger plain, they don't deduct the price of lettuce and tomato. Also remember that the actual cost of heated seats is probably less than $30 at volume amounts.

After a bitter night I feel like I don't want to fight this battle. I don't want a reputation for being difficult. The car now has 230 miles on it, they can't take it back probably for whatever reason because it technically is 'used'.

pissedoffwookiee
06-21-13, 01:52 PM
Hey all,

Well its not a huge problem because of the remote start etc but its the principle. I live in Lexington KY which had a 6 month freezing winter last year. I am most annoyed that the sales person told me it was 'exactly like the other one except the real black'.

As far as travelling the country, I just got back from a 7000 mile road trip in 7 days outlined here: https://vimeo.com/68112208 and I can attest that most all of the country gets cold at some point! But I definitely agree with whoever said that people shouldn't have to pay extra for it. I do however think it should be a special order on the premium performance package cars to NOT have it, and give you a discount. However-- if you order a cheeseburger plain, they don't deduct the price of lettuce and tomato. Also remember that the actual cost of heated seats is probably less than $30 at volume amounts.

After a bitter night I feel like I don't want to fight this battle. I don't want a reputation for being difficult. The car now has 230 miles on it, they can't take it back probably for whatever reason because it technically is 'used'.

On another note, as I was walking out to the car for the first time I saw that the windowsill was not attached on the driver side rear window. So the FIRST thing they made me do was drive it to the service lane... they couldn't fix it, it was clearly not attached. I rolled down the window and had to pop it in myself. In the test car, the headliner which is attached by some kind of velcro was coming down and I had to put it back in place... so there are definitely some fit and finish issues!!!

your state may have a cooling off period just for this reason, look into that, and if you are nice, persistant, but express your dissapointment in being misled by the salesman, and again persistant ask for your dealer to unwind the deal and sell you the other one. as long as you assure them you intend to walk away owning an ATS so they wont lose a sale they might help you out.

the key word is unwind they'll know what that means, its basically a voided sale, yet it allows the dealer to sell the car again with the waranty intact, they will still have to sell as used if they registered it, if they havent yet (could still be wainting on the bank) then even better they can just void the sale. but the key thing to help your cause is time, the longer you wait, and every mile you add further glues you to that car.

Yplus
06-21-13, 02:12 PM
I sort of agree with that, but I wanted just paddle shifters on my 2.0T Standard (WITH heated seats and CUE by the way) and I was told nope, gotta go up $3000 or so to the next trim level. I was able to install remote start as a GM Accessory for ~$150 after purchasing (instead of $3000 for the next trim level). I don't need HIDs, or HUDs, Butt vibrators, or other Nanny devices, or even fog lamps (which no body uses as fog lamps anyway) but the paddle shifter add-on would have been nice. I've learned to deal with it...

The thing I hated about the Japanese method of bundling was that you were always forced to buy one thing you didn't want to get something you did. I like the fact that you at least have some flexibility when you order your ATS,

RippyPartsDept
06-21-13, 02:13 PM
how do you get paddle shifters with a standard trans?

Hoosier Daddy
06-21-13, 03:57 PM
your state may have a cooling off period just for this reason, look into that, and if you are nice, persistant, but express your dissapointment in being misled by the salesman, and again persistant ask for your dealer to unwind the deal and sell you the other one. as long as you assure them you intend to walk away owning an ATS so they wont lose a sale they might help you out.

the key word is unwind they'll know what that means, its basically a voided sale, yet it allows the dealer to sell the car again with the waranty intact, they will still have to sell as used if they registered it, if they havent yet (could still be wainting on the bank) then even better they can just void the sale. but the key thing to help your cause is time, the longer you wait, and every mile you add further glues you to that car.
Very good advice. The dealer should share responsibility if the salesman told you the car had the feature whether directly or indirectly. Naturally an identical car with the winter package will cost more.

----------

how do you get paddle shifters with a standard trans?
I made the same misinterpretation when I first joined the forum. He probably means standard collection, not "standard" transmission, a term younger people have probably never even heard. A clue is he added factory remote start which is not possible with the manual transmission.

RippyPartsDept
06-21-13, 03:58 PM
Oh, i didn't know that there was a 'standard' trim level ... :doh:

pissedoffwookiee
06-21-13, 08:29 PM
Oh, i didn't know that there was a 'standard' trim level ... :doh:

Cadillac nomenclature trim packages = collections

Standard
Luxury Collection
Performance Collection
Premium Collection

they only call the top 3 trim levels collections though, the entry is always called base, that is until the ATS then they started calling the base the standard

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-21-13, 10:34 PM
Hello,

To start off, I love cars, in 2010 the SRX got my attention and I got one. It was a performance version I believe, it had a lot of techie stuff. I was unimpressed with fit and finish, yet, good materials. I also hated that the 'chrome tipped exhaust' was just rings around the real exhaust, otherwise good car!

Anyways... fast forward to yesterday, I got a 2013 ATS, new, premium with performance package. Black on black with the updated wheels.

I did my research. I liked the styling better than the competition, read many articles and watched a lot of videos. I test drove one that I was told was EXACTLY THE SAME and FULLY LOADED, except it had the diamond coat black paint instead of black raven. Well that all made sense to me because the one I wanted with black raven paint was also there, same basic price but a little higher due to the wheel cost.

I finally get done after 3 days of going back and forth with paperwork, to come in and pick it up. Everything about the car is perfect except I get in the car and a HUGE glaring problem. There's no heated seats or heated steering wheel. Now I have had 7 cars in my life, my first bing a 2001 manual VW Jetta GLS, and ALL of them have had heated seats... for a #49,630 car, it should have heated seats.

Of course I read the entire window sticker, I talked to my sales person, and yes I never asked specifically 'does it have heated seats?' but he told me it was 'fully loaded' and the thing comes standard with much more expensive things than heated seats such as a HUD, sensors everywhere, back up camera upgraded sound system etc.

So I get in after buying it with the sales person and I say...no heated seats? He says, yes that's another package. I said but you said this was fully loaded? He said well its fully loaded meaning the highest trim level.

I'm not one to want to blow my top or be a jerk so I just said to myself, get over it, its not worth the fight. But I'm a little annoyed by it and was wondering if anyone else had this problem or what I might do about it.

Thanks

Hello Peyton,

Sorry to hear that you didn't have heated seats included with your vehicle purchase. If there is anything we can do to assist you with this situation please let us know.

Amber N.
Cadillac Customer Care

rustybear3
06-22-13, 12:16 AM

I lived in California for a number of years....no need for seat warmers.....live in Ohio now.....like the seat warmers and paid for them....you miss the point; it's nice to have the option NOT to pay for something you don't need....Hell, years back there was a time when a heater was optional in California (1957 T-Bird) cars ....:thumbsup:

----------

You know, I REALLY wanted to have the blind zone warning system in my Premium ATS....could only get it if I paid $3000k for driver assist package...I'm PISSED!!!....why should I pay an extra $3000??... Should be standard on a Premium package; and they should throw in the adaptive Cruise to boot!!! :lildevil: :stirpot:

http://i.imgur.com/j5jX76J.jpg

Fraggy
06-22-13, 01:16 AM
Why should they. Even the top trim should have options.

Hoosier Daddy
06-22-13, 09:05 AM
you miss the point; it's nice to have the option NOT to pay for something you don't need.
Absolutely

You know, I REALLY wanted to have the blind zone warning system in my Premium ATS....could only get it if I paid $3000k for driver assist package...I'm PISSED!!!....why should I pay an extra $3000??.

I think zone warning certainly fits the description of the Driver Awareness package better than Driver Assist package. I've noticed some much cheaper cars that have all the "awareness" features of the ATS Awareness and Assist packages.

Should be standard on a Premium package; and they should throw in the adaptive Cruise to boot!!! :lildevil: :stirpot:

I guess we may be seeing you in Thunderdome!

rustybear3
06-22-13, 09:35 AM
Why should they. Even the top trim should have options.

Exactly; even though I was being a little facetious....I do wish they separated the extra option packages out a little....I'd be willing to pay a little extra for individual items I really wanted than be forced into "packages" with options I don't....I just believe the more individual options, the better....isn't that the point of custom building your car?....of course, it's a great profit motive for the car builder to guide you into these packages; but in the long run, I think the increased sales by satisfying customer wants would offset this...

Fraggy
06-22-13, 10:48 AM
Exactly; even though I was being a little facetious....I do wish they separated the extra option packages out a little....I'd be willing to pay a little extra for individual items I really wanted than be forced into "packages" with options I don't....I just believe the more individual options, the better....isn't that the point of custom building your car?....of course, it's a great profit motive for the car builder to guide you into these packages; but in the long run, I think the increased sales by satisfying customer wants would offset this...

It's a hot topic on the BMW forums as well. We all want choices.

pragmatic
06-23-13, 09:14 PM
I go with, it should be included. Chrysler includes it in all 300s other than the base and that's a lower end vehicle (at least I'm sure Cadillac feels that way).

The whole idea of packages is to maximize profits by limiting configurations. So you live in an area that does not get cold and you have heated seats you may not have wanted, so what. Do you really think you are saving $600 by having Cadillac keep it as a stand lone option? Also if you've never had them you may not know what you are missing. I have used the heated seats with the air conditioning running. Why? Just spent a day doing hard labor (digging some holes a vacation home), my back was tired and the heated seats kept the muscles relaxed during a long drive home.

rustybear3
06-24-13, 08:53 AM
I go with, it should be included. Chrysler includes it in all 300s other than the base and that's a lower end vehicle (at least I'm sure Cadillac feels that way).

The whole idea of packages is to maximize profits by limiting configurations. So you live in an area that does not get cold and you have heated seats you may not have wanted, so what. Do you really think you are saving $600 by having Cadillac keep it as a stand lone option? Also if you've never had them you may not know what you are missing. I have used the heated seats with the air conditioning running. Why? Just spent a day doing hard labor (digging some holes a vacation home), my back was tired and the heated seats kept the muscles relaxed during a long drive home.

That's like saying do your really think you're saving $900 by not getting premium paint or upgraded wheels...uh....yeah, you are....and it's $450 option, not $600...you don't think that to get at that $33,000 price point that Cadillac had to take into consideration the elimination of options to achieve that? By the way, you have to move up $3000 to $33,145 on the Chyrsler 300s to get them....on Cadillac...it's only $450 if you want them on the ATS....any model...including the base...

Hoosier Daddy
06-24-13, 11:24 AM
That's like saying do your really think you're saving $900 by not getting premium paint or upgraded wheels...uh....yeah, you are....and it's $450 option, not $600...you don't think that to get at that $33,000 price point that Cadillac had to take into consideration the elimination of options to achieve that? By the way, you have to move up $3000 to $33,145 on the Chyrsler 300s to get them....on Cadillac...it's only $450 if you want them on the ATS....any model...including the base...
I've come to the conclusion that there are a significant number of masochist buyers who get off on being charged for stuff they don't want or need. It's a harmless fetish so don't try to cure them.

pragmatic
06-24-13, 07:07 PM
I've come to the conclusion that there are a significant number of masochist buyers who get off on being charged for stuff they don't want or need. It's a harmless fetish so don't try to cure them.

While I agree its nice to have stand alone options, the cost of having everything stand alone is too high. From a manufacturing and repair point of view its much easier (and cheaper) to offer equipment bundled together. Keeping heated seats as a stand alone option means Cadillac is offering 24 different front seats in the ATS (and needs to have 48 available in its parts inventory). This would be cut in half if heated seats were either standard in all models or standard in all up level trims (Luxury Performance and Premium) and not available in the base cars.

Hoosier Daddy
06-24-13, 08:20 PM
While I agree its nice to have stand alone options, the cost of having everything stand alone is too high. From a manufacturing and repair point of view its much easier (and cheaper) to offer equipment bundled together. Keeping heated seats as a stand alone option means Cadillac is offering 24 different front seats in the ATS (and needs to have 48 available in its parts inventory). This would be cut in half if heated seats were either standard in all models or standard in all up level trims (Luxury Performance and Premium) and not available in the base cars.
I stand corrected. There are some masochists who only want to be forced to pay half for things they don't want or need. :lildevil:

RippyPartsDept
06-24-13, 09:06 PM
There is only one heated seat part. Well two none for back and one for bottom. Ok four. Driver and passenger.

But those parts are separate from the seat color/design options. It does not double the number of parts for seats.

rustybear3
06-24-13, 10:21 PM
I stand corrected. There are some masochists who only want to be forced to pay half for things they don't want or need. :lildevil:

I give up! Some people would be happier if there was one model...one price...and no options.......fully loaded....and of course they'd want a $50,000 plus equipped vehicle for $33,000.....cause that's what a Chevy goes for...:gah:

GJB
06-25-13, 12:00 PM
Choice and free will are a beuitiful thing. There is almost a 20K range between ATS base and "fully loaded". It's great to have a car that apeals too so many with price points and options that fit individual wants and budgets. Sure with packages you may get more than you wanted but the cost is usualy lower than the options would be if ordered seperate and you usualy wind up liking the additional feature. IMO Cadillac did a very good job out of the gate and will continue to tweek packages to meet demand. Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your ATS.

pragmatic
06-25-13, 07:26 PM
There is only one heated seat part. Well two none for back and one for bottom. Ok four. Driver and passenger.

But those parts are separate from the seat color/design options. It does not double the number of parts for seats.

Cadillac is not assembling the seats so the parts inventory for the factory needs 24 different seats (really 48 different front seats) coming in the plant for production. That is unless all of the seats have the heating pad and they just leave out the switch on cars without heated seats.

RippyPartsDept
06-26-13, 09:07 AM
So? there's thousands upon thousands of parts that go into making your ATS

should GM/Cadillac go back to the days of Henry Ford's Model T only available in one color (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_T#Colors)?
or the days of the Model 500 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_500_telephone#History) Bell telephone that only came in one color (black)?

I don't think your point that choices and options are costly holds much water.
Yes, it costs more to develop choices and options but how much more? you can't really say
neither can I, but I'm not the one making the claim that 48 different front seats is a bad thing

remember, we're talking about a luxury vehicle and we're living in the 21st century not the turn of the 20th...
options and choices are the norm and are expected

wongluk
06-26-13, 08:55 PM
I have performance trim and I have heated steering wheel and heated seats standard

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

ewired
06-27-13, 03:12 PM
I have performance trim and I have heated steering wheel and heated seats standard

It was an option.
Not standard

Thunder Gray STS
06-27-13, 03:19 PM

I have the premium and it was a 600 dollar option

Peyton
06-27-13, 07:11 PM

So the back of the seat doesn't even warm up? Just the bottom half? My old SRX had just ok heated seats, all 5 of my VW cars had heated seats and not just the back and bottom, but the side bolsters of the seats too. The SRX had minimal coverage and the ATS, well, I'm the OP and my $50k car DOES NOT HAVE THEM :-P

RippyPartsDept
06-27-13, 08:32 PM
my $50k car DOES NOT HAVE THEM :-P

Because you didn't order it with them (or you bought one that was ordered without them).

Just sayin...

JSATS
06-27-13, 08:51 PM
I think those who think they are saving 600 bucks because they don't need heated seats are delusional. Do you really think your paying less because it's an option? The ATS is a few thousand more than an equally equipped Audi A4 that I was also looking at buying but the Audi came with heated seats and sunroof std. caddy should include heated seats with their top of the line premium pkg because I would bet that 90 percent of North America ATS owners would want it. I just think that the reason they make more things optional isn't to save you money if you don't wan't them it's so they can charge you more if you do.

ben.gators
06-27-13, 10:01 PM
Hello mate, I am one of those delusional people you mentioned! I was looking at A4s too, but I ended up choosing the ATS performance because it is a better car in terms of dynamics, chassis, and fit and finish. That extra thousand dollars you mentioned have been spent to buy the better car! MSRP for my ATS is $45k, and it doesn't come with heated seats, and I don't need it. I live in Hawaii! I used to live in Arizona before, and my old STS had heated seats, but I never used them. And before Arizona, I was in Florida, and my Regal didn't have heated seats, and I never felt that I need them in Florida.

Fraggy
06-27-13, 10:19 PM
And A4s drive like a front wheel drive car, oh wait, they are lol.

JSATS
06-28-13, 06:23 AM
And A4s drive like a front wheel drive car, oh wait, they are lol.

I owned 2 A4's and they both were AWD. I would not knock the Audi A4, they are great driving cars. The ATS is the first American car to draw me away from my Audis. Right now I'm not too pleased with My ATS. After waiting two weeks for a new engine to be installed in my ATS my wife got a half block from the dealership before the check engine light came on again. Now its back at the dealers for more work!

Fraggy
06-29-13, 01:37 AM
I'd be outraged too n

JSATS
06-29-13, 05:39 AM
Well I finally got my car back. The dealer told me that Cadillac took a complete engine right off the assembly line and shipped it to them. The engine came complete with the turbo and everything attached and it even had the oil in it. They didn't send a crate engine like he thought because they wanted the original engine untouched so they could take it apart.

ben.gators
06-29-13, 06:49 AM
^
I am happy that they took a good care of you. In mass production, sometimes a few bad products end up in customers hands. The important thing is how the company handles the case.