: CTS-V spring rates

No ConeSS
02-08-05, 04:31 PM
Hi,

Just wondering where I could find the spring rates for the stock CTS-V, both front and rear. I have done several searches, but couldn't find anything. Also, possibly the dimensions of the spring (coil diameter, unloaded height, overall diameter).

Thanks in advance!

Bob P.
St. Louis, MO
mailto:My04IBMGTO@hotmail.com (My04IBMGTO@hotmail.com)

No ConeSS
02-10-05, 02:03 PM
I emailed Cadillac Customer service, and they said that information wasn't available to them....huh?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

sefa01
02-10-05, 04:34 PM
I emailed Cadillac Customer service, and they said that information wasn't available to them....huh?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

You just found out what many of us already have found out: Cadillac customer service is very nice, but almost useless.

lasstss
02-10-05, 04:39 PM
I checked the service manuals, that info is not there. Its engineering info, I dont think you will find it anywhere unless it gets published by Eibach thru testing.

No ConeSS
02-10-05, 05:40 PM
I checked the service manuals, that info is not there. Its engineering info, I dont think you will find it anywhere unless it gets published by Eibach thru testing.

Alas! I called Eibachs tech support line and asked if they tested stock springs before designing aftermarket kits. They said 'Absolutely!'. I asked if they keep it. They said '...it should be on a hard copy somewhere.'. I asked how I would obtain the spring rates for the CTS-V and the GTO, and they said 'Your best bet is to take a VIN number to the dealer. They'll have that info.'. I politely thanked him and ended the conversation.

I guess they don't want to share their information, because I'm about 99% sure the dealership won't know a thing about spring rates.

Guess it's time to buy a coil spring tester and do it myself.

Thanks for all the help!

benjet
02-10-05, 06:16 PM
Bob if and when you find out let us all know (if you would be so kind), now you have ME curious).

CVP33
02-10-05, 07:32 PM
Once you find out spring's rates let me know about summer. :helpless:

No ConeSS
02-10-05, 11:10 PM
Well, it isn't official, but after lots and lots of Google action, and deep digging 'round here, I found a post from July where someone (name eludes me) *thinks* the spring rates were 70 N/m. Problem is... that converts to less than 1 lb/in!! I am (for the moment) assuming they meant to say 70 N/mm (2nd 'm' makes a huge difference), which then converts to ~400 lb/in. Now, if they are progressive or linear... dunno. But I'm going with this for now.

I'll keep you all updated on my findings.

Thanks for reading!

ctsvett
02-11-05, 07:10 PM
I can now confirm 100% that the spring rates are 70 newtons per mm front and rear.

Keep visiting www.cadillacfaq.com...

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

Dreamin
02-14-05, 06:54 PM
Eibach springs - (from Eibach tech support):

Springs are progressive rate - initial and final spring rate:
F: 1.6" drop: 343lbs -> 457lbs
R: 1.2" drop: 363lbs -> 395lbs

H&R springs
Availablity is at least 6 weeks out
They do not publish springs rates.