: 2014 Pricing?

HeatherR
06-20-13, 04:57 PM
Has anyone found the pricing for the 2014 online yet?

Thanks!!

oldcaddybuyer
06-20-13, 05:02 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-general-discussion-forum/309026-2014-ats-msrps.html

HeatherR
06-20-13, 05:04 PM
Great! Thank you!

I ordered one and it was built, so just waiting on the car and wondering how much :-)

PAO56
06-25-13, 06:22 PM
you didnt get a signed completed sales order from your dealership during the ordering process???

ewellsie
06-25-13, 09:43 PM
I've seen the same pricing on various websites but haven't gotten any prices from local dealers as of yet.

Waiting on July 2nd for the new incentives and then they might actually discuss pricing.

TonyT
06-25-13, 10:49 PM
I ordered a 2013 ATS the first week of April but missed the cutoff so we ordered a 2014. The car was delivered today, it has the following equipment:

2.0 Turbo AWD Premium Package
Black diamond paint
18" Polished aluminum wheels
Cold weather package
Advanced security package
Sunroof
Cargo net

I purchased under the supplier discount pricing the 2013 would have been $48,052.21 the 2014 was $48,258.04

HeatherR
06-28-13, 12:49 PM
Thanks Tony! I was told it would be "similar" pricing to the 2013, but was curious.

Pick ours up today at 3:00

We went for Opulent Blue/Black interior
2.0 Turbo Premium with manual trans.
Cold weather package
Advanced security package
cargo net

Very excited for this car :)

ewellsie
06-28-13, 02:04 PM
Did you put a deposit down and order one without discussing pricing or agreeing on anything?

HeatherR
06-28-13, 03:09 PM
My husband is a GM employee that drives a company car so he orders one and drives it for 4 months before we purchase it. So, we ordered it before pricing was out. We missed the cut off for 2013 and he was up for an exchange. I'll know exact pricing this afternoon since it will be on the window sticker :-)

Even if you preorder a car before pricing is announced like the current Corvette you should get "MSRP" in writing when you put your deposit down even if you don't know what MSRP will be.

Peyton
06-28-13, 03:41 PM
What is new for the 2014s?

ewellsie
06-28-13, 03:59 PM
I had an offer to order a 2014 with a refundable deposit, but that was without any price offer, and with the ability for me to simply walk away if I didn't like the offer.

However, I'm not willing to do that when the dealer would have the advantage over me knowing they have the exact car I want.

I'm not willing to pay MSRP or even close to it on a car.

TonyT
06-28-13, 04:39 PM
Make sure the dealership doesn't forget to install your locking lug nuts (part of advanced security package) and your cargo net neither one come installed from the factory they must be installed by your dealer. They almost forgot mine.

The MSRP was $51,055.00 if I had not had Supplier Discount pricing

HeatherR
06-28-13, 04:52 PM
I agree ewellsie I would not do that either. Pricing for us isn't really negotiated at the dealer level, so it didn't impact our decision to go ahead and order.

Some cars that you would want to pre-order you are going to pay MSRP for (Like the new Corvette), otherwise I agree. Too much power to the dealer. However, any preorder is going to take long enough to build that incentives will change, so some negotiation will happen once your car comes in. Finding one on the lot gives you the best position-especially if its been sitting there awhile :-)

Good luck!

----------

Thanks Tony! Will make sure :-) I'm replacing a CTS also!

Peyton-Some new colors and not much else! I can't remember there were some slight changes, but nothing major.

ewellsie
07-06-13, 08:55 PM
Follow-up: After speaking with Cadillac Marketing this week regarding 2014s, all dealers should now have pricing available.

I confirmed that the MSRP on the 2.0T Premium RWD went up $200 to $45,095, and the destination charge went up slightly to $925 for 2014s. That matches what most of the sites are showing as well.

I put my deposit down for one today. :cool:

Just hoping for some kinda incentive to be available by the time my car comes in.

ewellsie
08-13-13, 04:48 PM
An update for anyone who might be looking at a 2014 or considering ordering one like I have already.

I just spoke to Cadillac Marketing and was told there are ZERO incentives available for the 2014 ATS, and they don't expect any on the new models right now.

There are also no private offers available. On top of that, I already knew that the lease money factor went up on the 2014s, and the residual values remained the same, which translates to higher payments.

Unfortunately this combination of factors has me reconsidering my order, which leaves me quite disappointed that no dealers around me bothered to stock 2013 2.0T Premiums, and especially not in non-boring colors. I'm just struggling to see the car's value if I'm looking at a $600+/month lease payment, that's going into well-equipped 335i territory.

So if you're looking for one, I'd suggest trying to find a 2013 while you still can.

Hoosier Daddy
08-13-13, 04:57 PM
I think the only reason there are no 2014 incentives yet is because there are reports of large inventories of 2013s still on the lots. The fact there are so many leftovers pretty much confirms the MSRPs are too high for the demand and incentives will be necessary. It sounds like you may be able to find a 2013 if you spread a wider net and that with the difference in prices it might be worth driving one back from many states away. Or you could wait and reorder when the 2014 incentives kick in. Or hope there are incentives by the time your current order gets here and decide then.

RippyPartsDept
08-13-13, 05:02 PM
plus, you'll get an iPad with a 2013 (if you get CUE)

ewellsie
08-13-13, 05:20 PM
My order is on its way to Florida already.

pissedoffwookiee
08-13-13, 05:25 PM
An update for anyone who might be looking at a 2014 or considering ordering one like I have already.

I just spoke to Cadillac Marketing and was told there are ZERO incentives available for the 2014 ATS, and they don't expect any on the new models right now.

There are also no private offers available. On top of that, I already knew that the lease money factor went up on the 2014s, and the residual values remained the same, which translates to higher payments.

Unfortunately this combination of factors has me reconsidering my order, which leaves me quite disappointed that no dealers around me bothered to stock 2013 2.0T Premiums, and especially not in non-boring colors. I'm just struggling to see the car's value if I'm looking at a $600+/month lease payment, that's going into well-equipped 335i territory.

So if you're looking for one, I'd suggest trying to find a 2013 while you still can.

there are currently 27 2013 turbo premiums available in the country, in white diamond, black raven, crystal red, thunder gray, opulent blue, glacier blue, and silver

ewellsie
08-13-13, 05:46 PM
These are the 3 Opulent Blue's that I have found so far closest to my order, all in other states that would require shipping.

http://www.stewartcars.com/VehicleDetails/new-2013-Cadillac-ATS-2.0L_I4_RWD_Premium-Colma-CA/1856792663 - This one is an exact match of my 2014 order.

These two just have a couple additional option packages.

http://www.napervillecadillac.com/VehicleDetails/new-2013-Cadillac-ATS-2.0L_I4_AWD_Premium-Naperville-IL/1884858623

http://cadillacsanantonio.kenbatchelor.com/web/new/Cadillac-ATS-2013/1319633/?condition_id=10425

I'll have to start some dialog and see what kinda pricing I could get on any of these before I make a decision what to do with my order.

rustybear3
08-13-13, 08:10 PM
there are currently 27 2013 turbo premiums available in the country, in white diamond, black raven, crystal red, thunder gray, opulent blue, glacier blue, and silver

Only 27 2013 turbo premiums in the whole country....doesn't sound like A HUGE inventory to me....that amounts to about 1 for every two states in that trim level....

pissedoffwookiee
08-14-13, 02:59 AM
Only 27 2013 turbo premiums in the whole country....doesn't sound like A HUGE inventory to me....that amounts to about 1 for every two states in that trim level....

they've been delivering 2014's for 6 to 8 weeks now that's what's left in turbo premiums there's probably more v6 premiums, turbo and v6 performance, turbo and v6 luxuries, and turbo standards. that seems like a reasonable amount for a discontinued year on a popular car with a fantastic lease.

GJB
08-14-13, 10:48 AM
Just the other day I checked my dealers web site and they have just a couple of 2014 in their inventory and 38!!! 2013 still on the lot which is more than when I purchased mine back in April. I wonder if some volume dealers are pulling in 2013s from other dealers? in 2007 I purchased a 2006 model SUV and that seemed to be what this dealer did. Even though he had 2007 models he was pulling in all the 2006 models from the area and was wheeling and dealing to people who were interested in a great deal. Just like the ATS the changes were so minor between model years it was a no brainer for me.

ewellsie
08-14-13, 11:23 AM
I ran some quick math comparing a 2013 to 2014, using the same purchase price I've already negotiated on my 2014.

With the current incentives and lease rates, a 2013 would be almost $70/mo cheaper in an identical lease term.

Doesn't sound like much, but when I'm already at the top end and slightly over what I'd like to pay, that makes a big difference.

Did some comparison shopping also and found that other manufacturers are offering the following:

Acura - $1500 Conquest cash
BMW - $1000-$1500 Dealer Cash + $500 Loyalty Cash (I own a BMW now)
Infiniti - $1000 Dealer Cash

GJB
08-14-13, 12:03 PM
I ran some quick math comparing a 2013 to 2014, using the same purchase price I've already negotiated on my 2014.

With the current incentives and lease rates, a 2013 would be almost $70/mo cheaper in an identical lease term.

Doesn't sound like much, but when I'm already at the top end and slightly over what I'd like to pay, that makes a big difference.

Did some comparison shopping also and found that other manufacturers are offering the following:

Acura - $1500 Conquest cash
BMW - $1000-$1500 Dealer Cash + $500 Loyalty Cash (I own a BMW now)
Infiniti - $1000 Dealer Cash

Every penny counts. On the Acura/BMW/Infiniti offers I assume this is for 2014 models? What this tells me is their cars prices are that much higher than they should be because they are making the profit margin they need to even after the insentive. I think if you compare the ATS trim/option equaly with the BMW you will find the ATS without those incentives is great value. From what I've seen GM is keeping the ATS profit margin on the low end so that people can see the better value as they compete for market share. The majority of their incentives have been interest rate deals so I don't think they have the room.

ben.gators
08-14-13, 12:07 PM
Just the other day I checked my dealers web site and they have just a couple of 2014 in their inventory and 38!!! 2013 still on the lot which is more than when I purchased mine back in April. I wonder if some volume dealers are pulling in 2013s from other dealers? in 2007 I purchased a 2006 model SUV and that seemed to be what this dealer did. Even though he had 2007 models he was pulling in all the 2006 models from the area and was wheeling and dealing to people who were interested in a great deal. Just like the ATS the changes were so minor between model years it was a no brainer for me.

That's strange! I checked my dealer's website. They have ten '14, but just one 2013. These are pretty good numbers. I think as you mentioned, probably your dealer is running some special program, and collecting 2013 models from the others and selling them at discount?

I know a Chevy dealer that run a similar program for Corvettes! They normally have tens of brand new, but one year old Corvettes, and the cars are priced from $40k!

GJB
08-14-13, 12:45 PM
That's strange! I checked my dealer's website. They have ten '14, but just one 2013. These are pretty good numbers. I think as you mentioned, probably your dealer is running some special program, and collecting 2013 models from the others and selling them at discount?

I know a Chevy dealer that run a similar program for Corvettes! They normally have tens of brand new, but one year old Corvettes, and the cars are priced from $40k!

Ben I was taken back myself. But if that’s what they are doing good on them its a good market and you get more people in if there is a good selection.

ewellsie
08-16-13, 08:42 PM
Since the incentives change on September 3rd again according to the Marketing representatives, it looks like I will be waiting until at least then, even though I expect the dealer should get my car prior to that.

At that time, if the incentives are completely lacking as they are now on 2014s, it looks I will be walking away from the vehicle and moving on.

Disappointed, but I just don't see the value of the car anymore at these prices.

pissedoffwookiee
08-16-13, 09:25 PM
The dealer i got my car from has 11 2013's and 35 2014's according to their website

AirBusPilot
08-16-13, 09:45 PM
I think the only reason there are no 2014 incentives yet is because there are reports of large inventories of 2013s still on the lots. The fact there are so many leftovers pretty much confirms the MSRPs are too high for the demand and incentives will be necessary. It sounds like you may be able to find a 2013 if you spread a wider net and that with the difference in prices it might be worth driving one back from many states away. Or you could wait and reorder when the 2014 incentives kick in. Or hope there are incentives by the time your current order gets here and decide then.

There's alot of luxury trim models available. But the premiums are hard to find.

ewellsie
08-18-13, 11:36 PM
I found a 2.0T Performance nearby that has most of the options I wanted.

It's Opulent Blue, Jet Black/Black interior, with Power Sunroof just like the 2014 I ordered, plus the CUE/Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Security Package, 18" Aluminum machine-finished wheels, and some dealer-added accessories like safety kit, cargo net, all-weather floormats/trunk. (Can the dealer remove these if I ask? Or will they at least come with the factory mats as well?)

So basically the only things I'd be missing would be the 2014 enhancements (intellibeam headlamps, frameless rearview mirror, etc.) and the Premium-specific items like HUD/MRC.

I'm wondering how much I would actually miss those items. I test drove a 2.0 standard model and it rode nice enough for me, so I'm not entirely sure I'd notice the MRC missing, coming from a 335i w/sport package, no matter which ATS I get it's going to be more comfortable.

I do like the HUD, but at this point I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money, I've been driving for this long without one.

Without any incentives, I think I'm looking at about $100/month difference in lease payments if my offer on the 2013 is accepted, given the conquest cash available on the 2013.

I am conflicted. :confused:

ben.gators
08-19-13, 12:14 AM
Drive MRC and regular suspension back to back and see how you feel about MRC. I have performance, but I wish I had MRC too! I don't care a lot about other features available in premium package, e.g. driver assistance package. HUD is nice, but not as important as MRC.

As for the floor and trunk mats, that shouldn't be a problem for the dealer. If they really want your business, they will be more than happy to switch the mats with another ATS on the lot, or order you new mats.

Hoosier Daddy
08-19-13, 12:14 AM
Go for it.

I think the dealer installed options can be specified when the car is ordered or decided later. So I think removing them could be easy or hard depending on if they were included in the car order and even if the dealer maybe always puts those in all cars to jack up the prices. Probably depends on if they think you'll walk if they don't.

I think you may be able to add intellibeam after the fact. A forum member was going to use mine to test his mod which he sells for other Cadi models but I backed out when I realized I only drive in the city with street lighting everywhere. I haven't ever had the high beams on. LoL. When I read about the changes, I was glad I was able to order a 2013 because if the steering wheel really is thicker, I would NOT like that. But from pictures I can't tell it's any thicker. But if that's a deal breaker for you I think the thicker wheel in suede is only $250 as a part so a leather one should be the same or less.

That's a great color, but obviously that's subjective. Would have ordered it except I didn't like how it looked with the Brownstone interior (maybe you couldn't even order it with the brownstone ???). And FYI if you care about these thing, those 18" wheels are MUCH lighter than the other 18s and even slightly lighter than the 17"s! That helps the ride, braking and acceleration.

ewellsie
08-19-13, 12:30 AM
Yea, all my driving is in urban areas, can't even remember the last time I actually used high beams, if ever on my BMW.

I'm going to make an offer tomorrow and try to start negotiating on the 2013. The money savings for me outweighs the minor upgrades of the Premium.

It didn't help that there was a white 2.0T sitting in my neighborhood parking lot next to my car tonight, it just has me wanting one bad.

GJB
08-19-13, 10:42 AM
I'm with Daddy, go for it. The car will come with the standard mats because they come standard. Ask them to just throw the all weather in as part of the deal, that’s what I did and I love them. Having the originals new to throw into the car at sale time really is a nice touch for the next owner. If they will not give them to you just have them removed since they are dealer installed that is not a problem for them. As for HUD, I have it I like it and would get it again, but it would not be a show stopper for me if I was looking at a very good deal.

ewellsie
08-19-13, 03:12 PM
My offer was accepted this morning on the 2013, just need to negotiate the lease pricing now and then hopefully put down a deposit to hold it until my schedule permits me to pick it up this week.

Then to break the bad news to the dealer I ordered the 2014 from, but I did state before I placed the order that I was taking a risk on incentives/rates and I may back out, so I don't feel too bad about it.

GJB
08-19-13, 04:39 PM
My offer was accepted this morning on the 2013, just need to negotiate the lease pricing now and then hopefully put down a deposit to hold it until my schedule permits me to pick it up this week.

Then to break the bad news to the dealer I ordered the 2014 from, but I did state before I placed the order that I was taking a risk on incentives/rates and I may back out, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Congrats on your selection!. It's early in the model year so I'm sure your dealer will be able to sell it without any difficulty just give them the courtesy of knowing soonest.

So what was the final call on the dealer installed options (floor mats etc)?

Hoosier Daddy
08-20-13, 10:56 AM
Congratulation!

Does negotiating lease rates separately help or hurt? I mean it seems like twice the work plus they learned more about you than you about them in the price negotiation. I know both parties have time invested now but I suspect they think of you as more committed. I'm just curious.

Definitely let them know before they install that green and fuchsia plaid wrap you made them throw in to the deal. ;)

ewellsie
08-20-13, 12:34 PM
Congratulation!

Does negotiating lease rates separately help or hurt? I mean it seems like twice the work plus they learned more about you than you about them in the price negotiation. I know both parties have time invested now but I suspect they think of you as more committed. I'm just curious.I always negotiate the selling price first, and then work to the lease payment after we've agreed upon the price. Lease rates are not difficult to find online, so I can just plug in the amounts and figure out what my payment SHOULD be.

Sometimes when leasing they will try to sneak fees/charges into the monthly payment despite the agreed upon price, so it helps to ask for a detailed lease contract/breakdown before agreeing to anything. That's the stage I'm at now, awaiting the lease breakdown.

Definitely let them know before they install that green and fuchsia plaid wrap you made them throw in to the deal. ;)Well, unfortunately I had not yet had the chance to e-mail the dealer I ordered the 2014 from, and as luck would have it, the 2014 has arrived to the dealer as of this morning and they quickly shot me an e-mail.

Needless to say, my first e-mail reply to them explaining that I will likely have to back out of the deal was not met with great enthusiasm, but I am attempting to sort that out and explain that my order was contingent on incentives/lease rates and that my deposit was refundable for that very reason. I have asked them to run the numbers on the 2014 anyway just to see before I make any decisions.

Can't hurt, since I'm still waiting on the 2013 numbers.

ewellsie
08-24-13, 03:16 PM
Update: I picked up my 2014 ATS this morning!

The numbers were better than I expected since the lease is through US Bank, and we got to a payment and amount down that I was comfortable with. The dealer was also able to get $1000 conquest cash, so in case anyone else is in a similar situation with 2014s, there IS apparently some conquest cash available even though the car itself has no incentives yet.

Not sure if it applies to loyalty cash as well but can't hurt to ask.

I was at the dealership for a little over two hours which seemed excessive given I'd already negotiated all the pricing and paperwork should have been ready. But I used that time to go over all the features and spend some time with the car setting everything up so it really wasn't too bad.

This dealer was very friendly and I even informed the salesman about the 2014 feature of saving the previously used drive mode on next start-up, which he hadn't heard about yet.

Needless to say, I am super excited and very happy that I got the exact car I wanted and didn't have to settle. It took roughly 6 weeks for my order to go through, but the Opulent Blue is worth the wait. :thumbsup:

Salesman said they don't sell many in blue and especially not Premiums so I may have the only one on the road locally.

Can't wait to start really driving it more but so far I love it. :yup:

JSATS
08-24-13, 04:29 PM
Great choice on taking the 14. My wife and I are loving our 14 and we can't get over how awesome the Red Obsession tint coat looks especially in the sunlight. Our car took only 4 weeks from the day I ordered it to the day it arrived in my dealers lot. Congrats again.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-24-13, 07:49 PM
Hello ewellsie,

Congratulations on your ATS! The Opulent Blue is definitely my favorite color. I am very happy to hear that you were able to get the exact vehicle you wanted and didn’t have to settle as well. If you have any questions regarding your new ATS, please feel free to private message me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

ewellsie
08-24-13, 08:12 PM
Gregory,

Not a question but more of a suggestion. During repeated calls to the Marketing line I was told there were no incentives available for the 2014s, not even conquest cash for luxury lessees/owners and it nearly caused me to walk away from the car due to my own pricing estimation coming in high.

My lease rate information was obviously slightly off, but my dealer was able to get me conquest cash so it was available, so it might be beneficial to clear that up with the marketing reps so that potential customers are properly informed, in case they find themselves in a similar situation to me.

:cool:

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-24-13, 10:40 PM
Gregory,

Not a question but more of a suggestion. During repeated calls to the Marketing line I was told there were no incentives available for the 2014s, not even conquest cash for luxury lessees/owners and it nearly caused me to walk away from the car due to my own pricing estimation coming in high.

My lease rate information was obviously slightly off, but my dealer was able to get me conquest cash so it was available, so it might be beneficial to clear that up with the marketing reps so that potential customers are properly informed, in case they find themselves in a similar situation to me.

:cool:
Hello ewellsie,

I will make sure I pass that along! Thank you for the feedback! Our incentive programs do have specific startup and end dates and I do see that this program began July 31st. I am not sure when you called them but the program might not have started yet. I have passed along your feedback to the correct group in our organization though. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond and enjoy your new ATS! I’m glad your dealership was able to get you into the vehicle.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

ewellsie
08-24-13, 11:06 PM
I spoke to them as recently as this week, so it wasn't a timeframe issue.

In fact they just told me I could wait until the next incentive period that begins September 3rd I think?

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-24-13, 11:55 PM
Hello ewellsie,

I am sorry to hear that! I have passed along that information like I said, but I will make sure to add that you had spoken to them as recently as this week. Thank you very much for confirming that.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care