: Coolant leak in front of engine CATERA 1998 260 000KM

turkeykiller
06-20-13, 04:02 PM
Last month I had a coolant leak in the rear of the engine I changed the heater control valve (the car did over heat a little). Everything seem to be working fine.
Today my wife took the catera to go to work and there was coolant in the driveway.
I check the car earlier today and coolant was leaking in the front of the engine where the strap and the pullies are. Dripping on the front of the oil pan.
I was sure that it was the water pump, so I took the strap and the timing belt cover off to notice that the pump was totally dry. I can't see where the coolant is coming from.
Could somebody help me, by telling me where the coolant could be coming from. It's a small leak. I'm opened to all ideas
ps ; I have no heat in the car
Thank you :worship:

turkeykiller
06-20-13, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=turkeykiller;3562922]Last month I had a coolant leak in the rear of the engine I changed the heater control valve (the car did over heat a little). Everything seem to be working fine.
Today my wife took the catera to go to work and there was coolant in the driveway.
I check the car earlier today and coolant was leaking in the front of the engine where the strap and the pullies are. Dripping on the front of the oil pan.
I was sure that it was the water pump, so I took the strap and the timing belt cover off to notice that the pump was totally dry. I can't see where the coolant is coming from.
Could somebody help me, by telling me where the coolant could be coming from. It's a small leak. I'm opened to all ideas
Thank you
Coule it be the intake gasket ?
If yes show long dose it take to change it
coule it be an intake gasket

----------

Help please

retho78
06-21-13, 02:45 PM
Did you check the hoses, to and from the radiator...maybe leaking by the thermostat.

turkeykiller
06-22-13, 05:48 PM
yes and all hose and rad are fine and the hose on top of the rad has pressure . I also have no heat from the heater in the car

retho78
06-22-13, 06:22 PM
maybe it's the aux water pump.

turkeykiller
06-22-13, 11:22 PM
where is that water pump

kaustein
06-22-13, 11:59 PM
SOP for these cars. Cooling leaks are one of the nice side effects in owning this car. New have to change the fluid as you are constantly topping it off!

retho78
06-23-13, 12:15 AM
where is that water pump

There are two aux pumps, one right below the coolant reservoir and one on the radiator (driver's side) below the top radiator hose. Both pumps looks the same.

Thanks.

investor74
06-23-13, 12:21 AM
SOP for these cars. Cooling leaks are one of the nice side effects in owning this car. New have to change the fluid as you are constantly topping it off!

LOL, so true!