: First Lowering Springs Available?....questionable though

hood101010
06-20-13, 03:27 PM
http://www.fmsrperformance.com/test/index.php?route=product/product&sort=p.model&order=ASC&manufacturer_id=11&product_id=133

I found this site posted in another forum. That person requested more technical info.I did as well. No response as yet. Not sure who these guys are and the format they are selling them under is highly unusual to me at least.

Thoughts?

tomuchwrk
07-18-13, 08:16 PM
Any update on this?

hood101010
07-19-13, 10:36 PM
I've gotten zero info from them. No opinions or info from this forum. Nothing on the other form I found this on. And absolutely nothing anywhere online except their website.

DangerDonkey
08-13-13, 08:03 PM
I just sent them a message to try to reply to this forum. I'm sure that they would be willing to destroy the ATS market with the first widely available set of springs....

FMSRPerformance
08-14-13, 02:14 AM
Hi Guys,

I got a few email from owners from here and a few other forums in the last few weeks.. so to give you guys an idea of who we are..

We are a boutique performance company based out of Eastern PA [Lehigh Valley[, we provide street & track ECOtec performance products to various GM-only platforms sold in NA & SA / Euro & SE Asia. We originally started producing girdle ECOtec street blocks, then started to produce other performance products for the ECOtec market. Our strength is the knowledge of ECOtec powertrain platform and what it is capable of providing on and off the track.

Our first foray into the suspension market was developing springs kits for various ECOtec based platforms notably the Cobalt / HHR / ION / SKY & Solstice. We test - what we sell!! every design we create is beaten to death. We partnered with a spring manufacture here in PA, who provides springs kits for top race teams [GM Racing / Grand Am / NASCAR / WTCC & World Challenge]. Our spring partner manufactures our springs to spec, each batch is material stress tested and spec'd for quality and control.

So now here we are - our precursor to ATS was developing springs for the Caddy BLS for the European community. Since then we found that many folks within the caddy/buick/opel/holden community started to ask us for other products from us.. We learned what the masses wanted, and found that the aftermarket for caddy/buick/opel/holden community wasn't fulfilling the need for quality performance products. So we developed our FMSR XtremeDrop™ Coil springs system, simple but effective.

Each spring rate and ride height is based on the two principles - ride quality vs traction performance.. We offer six different ride heights from 1" to 4" drop, each spring rate is based on height. The 1" spring is a soft ride [close to stock as possible] with a slightly better "control on the road" feel, it is the opposite for our 4" drop springs. These springs were developed for a total loss for ride quality but are very aggressive for the track.

The 1.5" - 2" springs rates in between can use for daily driven vehicles, these springs offer way better road feel and traction control than stock. The 2.5" - 3" springs are geared towards the street slayer or weekend track prepped vehicle or for guys who are looking for that aggressive "Stance" look.

If you like to know more info please visit our web site - fmsrperformance.com or drop us an email at customersupport@fmsrperformance.com

Thanks
Rudy Ferraz
CEO
FMSR Performance

pissedoffwookiee
08-14-13, 03:44 AM
why does $99 turn into $295 when I add the springs to the shopping cart?

ATSFL
08-14-13, 10:24 AM
are these [FMSR] springs compatible with both MRC and non-MRC cars?

hood101010
08-14-13, 01:36 PM
Rudy,

Thanks for the response and the info. It was what I was hoping to hear. You are going to get a ton of questions as you can see already. Some just because the ordering format of your site for these springs is a little unusual.

My initial question is can you mix spring drops, for example 1.5 in drop in rear and 2.00 drop in front? The site looks like you pick one drop and thats what you get front and rear. Seems a little generic considering springs are usually very specific in drop inches down to the .01 hundreth of an inch and usually vary front vs rear.

Thanks again.

Hoosier Daddy
08-14-13, 01:46 PM
Maybe they saw your picture on the web:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/0SHDRDSXv8I/maxresdefault.jpg

pissedoffwookiee
08-14-13, 03:27 PM

lol....i must be made of money, and a whole lot of stupid, because i cant figure out their stupid buying process, you start at $99 then they mention 199 credit points, then the shopping cart says $299, now what moron would break out the credit card at this point, no matter how good these guys think they are. now these guys might be legit, but the about us fluff post means nothing without independant corroboration like some links to reviews or trusted sources that specifically talk about their product. otherwise it's "Hi I'm Mr. Wookie, I'm a really good dude, and I spend my day doing really good dude things" who cares, prove it, and fix that mess of a sales system.

donavo
08-14-13, 03:45 PM
isnt 300 prty good for coilovers? idk i never looked into them. but reading that post it sounds prty awesome.

edit: nvm these arent coilovers.

enfox
08-14-13, 04:24 PM
300 is not bad for lowering springs. The way they chose to display their product page may be confusing but once you choose the option you want its pretty clear what the final price is.

FMSRPerformance
08-14-13, 04:51 PM
First guys thanks for all the questions - this morning we got a little over 70 emails from this forum alone.. with a ton of questions and orders..

one thing I forgot to mention last night is - the spring sets we sell are made-to-order - we don't stock springs sets because we don't have the space to store them.. the typical turn-around from day one to UPS shipment is 2-3 weeks..

Thanks for the response and the info. It was what I was hoping to hear. You are going to get a ton of questions as you can see already. Some just because the ordering format of your site for these springs is a little unusual.

we did this to have product pricing web crawlers, ie: Google shopping and others - to "price shop" on search engines to bring in more customers to our web site..

are these [FMSR] springs compatible with both MRC and non-MRC cars?

for cars w/o MRC the spring fits just like stock - no issues at all..

on initial testing in March using Caddies & Buicks w/MRC we found one issue, the inside diameter on the top of the spring was touching the upper side portion of the shock tower during low speed [under 15 mph] and high speed [over 40 mph] spring compression on turns or hitting any size pot holes.. we resolved it by increasing the inside diameter by 1/2" - it resolved the issue, we sell the updated sets..

So we're going to develop another solution in spring material, thickness & diameter.. problem is making a spring diameter too thin - changes the dynamics of the ride quality, traction & etc... so for now we're going back to the drawing board and redesign the spring to fit all 3 MRC shocks styles.. we sold 62 sets internationally after the testing was done, we notified all of the buyers and offered to buy back the springs when the new sets are ready for shipment - overall most were fine with the new spring design.

our vendor is going to send us 12 new sets by the end of Sept, to test all 12 sets of different spring diameters, once testing is done we'll release the results on the forums..

Rudy,
My initial question is can you mix spring drops, for example 1.5 in drop in rear and 2.00 drop in front? The site looks like you pick one drop and thats what you get front and rear. Seems a little generic considering springs are usually very specific in drop inches down to the .01 hundreth of an inch and usually vary front vs rear.

Thanks again.

problem with mixing springs sets front & rear is the vehicle dynamics, especially for braking, ride quality, traction during all weather conditions.. we don't like to mix sets for the fact each vehicle model changes the braking dynamics.. each spring set we sell is vehicle model specific.. we understand some guys like to mix spring sets to get that "stance effect", but long run it's the owner's choice.. normally owners will send us an email for this request - we'll be happy to sell the set..

my kids actually love that commercial, they think the guy is related to the "Caveman" - haha..

----------

lol....i must be made of money, and a whole lot of stupid, because i cant figure out their stupid buying process, you start at $99 then they mention 199 credit points, then the shopping cart says $299, now what moron would break out the credit card at this point, no matter how good these guys think they are. now these guys might be legit, but the about us fluff post means nothing without independant corroboration like some links to reviews or trusted sources that specifically talk about their product. otherwise it's "Hi I'm Mr. Wookie, I'm a really good dude, and I spend my day doing really good dude things" who cares, prove it, and fix that mess of a sales system.

i'll have the web guys change web pages to correct this issue, thanks for the input..

mikesul
08-14-13, 05:53 PM
I notice they also have a rear sway bar upgrade for the ATS. First I've seen anywhere.

pissedoffwookiee
08-14-13, 06:29 PM
First guys thanks for all the questions - this morning we got a little over 70 emails from this forum alone.. with a ton of questions and orders..

one thing I forgot to mention last night is - the spring sets we sell are made-to-order - we don't stock springs sets because we don't have the space to store them.. the typical turn-around from day one to UPS shipment is 2-3 weeks..

we did this to have product pricing web crawlers, ie: Google shopping and others - to "price shop" on search engines to bring in more customers to our web site..

for cars w/o MRC the spring fits just like stock - no issues at all..

on initial testing in March using Caddies & Buicks w/MRC we found one issue, the inside diameter on the top of the spring was touching the upper side portion of the shock tower during low speed [under 15 mph] and high speed [over 40 mph] spring compression on turns or hitting any size pot holes.. we resolved it by increasing the inside diameter by 1/2" - it resolved the issue, we sell the updated sets..

So we're going to develop another solution in spring material, thickness & diameter.. problem is making a spring diameter too thin - changes the dynamics of the ride quality, traction & etc... so for now we're going back to the drawing board and redesign the spring to fit all 3 MRC shocks styles.. we sold 62 sets internationally after the testing was done, we notified all of the buyers and offered to buy back the springs when the new sets are ready for shipment - overall most were fine with the new spring design.

our vendor is going to send us 12 new sets by the end of Sept, to test all 12 sets of different spring diameters, once testing is done we'll release the results on the forums..

problem with mixing springs sets front & rear is the vehicle dynamics, especially for braking, ride quality, traction during all weather conditions.. we don't like to mix sets for the fact each vehicle model changes the braking dynamics.. each spring set we sell is vehicle model specific.. we understand some guys like to mix spring sets to get that "stance effect", but long run it's the owner's choice.. normally owners will send us an email for this request - we'll be happy to sell the set..

my kids actually love that commercial, they think the guy is related to the "Caveman" - haha..

----------

i'll have the web guys change web pages to correct this issue, thanks for the input..

ok, now i'm feeling better about you guys, this was a great post, answers a lot of our questions keep up the good work here, i would still like to see/hear about your product in the wild but you're starting to build some good vibes here, it's good to see

donavo
08-14-13, 07:30 PM
arent lowering springs generally a bad idea? for handling, ride quality? ive been looking up lowering springs and alot of people say its a bad idea. anyone here have a particular opinion about this?

FMSRPerformance
08-14-13, 08:06 PM
arent lowering springs generally a bad idea? for handling, ride quality? ive been looking up lowering springs and alot of people say its a bad idea. anyone here have a particular opinion about this?

l've listed some of the pro and cons of using lowering spring:

Pros -
Used mostly to gain better road traction either on or off the track and on the public streets
Better steering response in corners or in hairy conditions
Provides better 'feeling' of the road, you'll feel the steering wheel will provide output 'feeling' of the condition of the road
Provides better center of gravity by keeping the vehicle lower to the floor and preventing the 'top heavy' feeling went driving
Offers slightly better handling in some weather conditions [ie: lite rain & snow] - but NOT ALL weather conditions
It gives the vehicle that 'Stance' or 'Menacing' look, most of the younger guys/gals go for

Cons -
Some kits aren't made for driver comfort, just for traction and ride height
springs can wear out over time, losing their effectiveness to provide traction/ ride quality
some spring kits can damage suspension components over a period of time

r45t4m4n
08-14-13, 08:07 PM
generally speaking, yes, the shocks will wear faster because the springs are not matched. However this is the only lowering option other than D3s $3500 option. Until there are coilovers and MRC emulators available at a reasonable price springs look like the only bargain lowering option.

FMSRPerformance
08-14-13, 08:14 PM
generally speaking, yes, the shocks will wear faster because the springs are not matched. However this is the only lowering option other than D3s $3500 option. Until there are coilovers and MRC emulators available at a reasonable price springs look like the only bargain lowering option.

agreed. in the racing world yes - it makes sense to get $3500 or even $10k set of coilovers for the track, but to use them on the street is a little silly IMO.. TEITOH - to each is their own happiness

pissedoffwookiee
08-14-13, 09:13 PM
agreed. in the racing world yes - it makes sense to get $3500 or even $10k set of coilovers for the track, but to use them on the street is a little silly IMO.. TEITOH - to each is their own happiness

OK spouting proverbs, in leet speak is just making you look cooler, stop it! were trying to be grumpy and skeptical here......... just kidding, its cool your here.
:welcome:

r45t4m4n
08-15-13, 12:15 AM
any chance on getting some proper coilovers developed? I'm a bit anal about ride height.

FMSRPerformance
08-15-13, 12:30 AM
OK spouting proverbs, in leet speak is just making you look cooler, stop it! were trying to be grumpy and skeptical here......... just kidding, its cool your here.
:welcome:

lol.. got too much spock on mind.. muusssst release the warp drive captain!! lol..

we got an email from an owner on here late in the day today..

anyway - he mention - we needed to add the spring height info - so here it is..

I’ve listed the exact height measurements for both front and rear spring sets below, we measured them at the top of the arch on the fender to the leveled floor. Most companies and pro mech techs measure from the bottom of the LCA=lower control arm - either at the bottom of the ball joint or at the center of the LCA to the floor. We don't measure our spring heights that way, it causes way too much confusion when troubleshooting with customers on the phone. Our calculation to measure spring/ ride height, first measure the current spring setup on a leveled floor, then re-measure the newly installed spring setup and subtract both measurements, this will give you the exact spring / ride height for your setup.

Our ride height measurements are based on using STOCK suspension components, using non-stock suspension components will not guarantee correct ride height outcome.

XtremeDrop™ Coil Springs - Front set:
1.0” = .98” or 24.89mm - softer ride quality - daily driving
1.25” = 1.20” or 30.48mm - soft ride quality - daily driving
1.5” = 1.53” or 39.01mm - light moderate ride quality - spirited driving style
2.0” = 2.01” or 51.14mm - moderate ride quality - spirited driving style
2.5” = 2.53” or 64.32mm - stiff ride quality - heavy spirited driving style or weekend track racing
3” = 2.98” or 75.84mm - stiffer ride quality - track monster - Not for use on public roadways
4” = 3.73” or 94.92mm - stiffest ride quality - track monster - Not for use on public roadways

XtremeDrop™ Coil Springs - Rear set:
1.0” = 1.02” or 26.01 mm - softer ride quality - daily driving
1.25” = 1.29” or 32.92 mm - soft ride quality - daily driving
1.5” = 1.61” or 41.05 mm - light moderate ride quality - spirited driving style
2.0” = 2.08” or 52.94 mm - moderate ride quality - spirited driving style
2.5” = 2.61” or 66.40 mm - stiff ride quality - heavy spirited driving style or weekend track racing
3” = 3.03” or 77.16 mm - stiffer ride quality - track monster - Not for use on public roadways
4” = 4.06” or 103.19 mm - stiffest ride quality - track monster - Not for use on public roadways

Nite_Hawk
08-15-13, 07:06 AM
This is awesome!! Now, i wonder if there are any quality shocks to go with these.

donavo
08-15-13, 01:01 PM
does anyone know how much of a drop the D3 ATS has?

FMSRPerformance
08-15-13, 11:34 PM
This is awesome!! Now, i wonder if there are any quality shocks to go with these.

Were waiting for our distributor to send us a set of BILSTEIN B8 - Performance lowering shock absorber/ Strut, the set where getting is for the 12' Chevy Cruze, but had a friend in Wales [UK] who told me they had shop over there fit these shocks on 13' ATS.. which to me I think is completely possible since many of the parts on ATS are very close to the Cruze.. we'll see..

----------

does anyone know how much of a drop the D3 ATS has?

front 2.5" & Rear full 3"

Hoosier Daddy
08-15-13, 11:47 PM
Were waiting for our distributor to send us a set of BILSTEIN B8 - Performance lowering shock absorber/ Strut, the set where getting is for the 12' Chevy Cruze, but had a friend in Wales [UK] who told me they had shop over there fit these shocks on 13' ATS.. which to me I think is completely possible since many of the parts on ATS are very close to the Cruze.. we'll see..
They may fit and they MAY be okay for steady speed bumps but the optimum damping rates under acceleration are not the same for a FWD and a RWD car.

r45t4m4n
08-16-13, 09:27 AM

----------

front 2.5" & Rear full 3"

I hope this is true, that would mean there are coilovers that will fit the ATS already available.

hood101010
08-26-13, 02:33 PM
So...has anyone here purchased a set of these?

ATSFL
08-26-13, 02:43 PM
i personally am going to be waiting for something from eibach(pro-kit). maybe eventually switch to KW or pfadt if they make non-MRC models.

malaka1
09-22-13, 06:07 PM
I just ordered a set from them 2" drop. I will keep you updated as to how the install goes.

thebucky84
10-21-13, 11:22 AM
Have you guys finished your R&D on the new springs?

I just ordered a set from them 2" drop. I will keep you updated as to how the install goes.

Any update on your set?

SLA
10-21-13, 12:28 PM
No mention on their site if these are linear or progressive, spring rates, who builds them, etc.

Jakb
10-21-13, 12:33 PM
suprised that nobody has tried these yet and posted about it

donavo
10-21-13, 12:37 PM
i went to D3 recently and asked about most of the development on their stuff. their lowering springs are pushed back until december for now, from what they told me. same with the intake. same with sway bars. the body kit is available but w/o LED drl because the one on their car is a prototype. but it should b ready within weeks.

thebucky84
10-21-13, 01:30 PM
I hope something comes to light on these, getting tired of looking at that wheel gap.

Dr. Design
10-21-13, 02:05 PM
Hello,

Our production schedule is currently on target. We will have new products rolling out in time for Xmas.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

i went to D3 recently and asked about most of the development on their stuff. their lowering springs are pushed back until december for now, from what they told me. same with the intake. same with sway bars. the body kit is available but w/o LED drl because the one on their car is a prototype. but it should b ready within weeks.

hood101010
10-21-13, 08:30 PM
D3 told me on the phone LAST December their springs and coils were a few weeks away. Eibach's have been in development for over a year. I emailed Pfadt over 3 months ago and they said they were releasing their coils very soon and were in final testing. And I ordered a set from these guys, got an email saying my money was being refunded and the springs were going back under develpment and should be ready in a few weeks. Fast foward 1 month and still nothing. My car goes up for sale Jan 1 if nothing comes out. Im tired of the BS and false timelines from everyone. Google aftermarket products for this car and over 50% off the items that come up do not exist, are back in development, or the article claims they exist but they truly never did. There's a lot of nice pitures and photoshopped renderings but few actual products for sale...oh wait they are for sale just not currently available or not as pictured. Just threw a bunch of people under the bus, but dont fill the internet with false claims and imaginary products.
Rant over....