: Well guys, it seems women are taking your place as bread winners!

orconn
06-20-13, 04:04 AM
Statistics show that women are increasing their role as breadwinners in American families. Why is this? Does it have something to do with American men not being able to cope with the U.S. educational system? Does it have to do with men just not being willing to put out the effort to lead and gain leadership positions in American society?

I have known many very bright motivated women, both American and other nationality, and I have witnessed women make great advances in both functional ability and contribution in the workplace. And while many a father has taken pleasure in his daughter' ability to get ahead, I wonder how we males feel about our ever eroding influence and power in our own society and around the world.

Is their anything we can do about it? Or is it just a fact of life that our sex will be relegated to second class citizen =ship?

If you have any doubt about what is happening just look at the guys in Congress!

MrHolland
06-20-13, 09:53 AM
Women are taking over as bread winners,,,,,,,good!!!!!

---- I am no less of a man if my wife, your wife or any other wife out earns me. If my wife has a job, that's extra money; if my wife has a job and brings home more money than I do, that's even better!!!

Stingroo
06-20-13, 10:41 AM
I don't eat bread. That's cool.

Submariner409
06-20-13, 10:53 AM
This is deadly serious, bad, seditious news. Do we need to call in the UN ??? What a staggering revelation !!

(I suppose this means that Karen won't light my cigar or bring me a mint julep any more (peel me a grape, please). Nuts.)

EcSTSatic
06-20-13, 12:03 PM
In my situation, I'm okay with it. I have been the major 'breadwinner' in our family for the past 20 years. However, when I retire, all I will have to show for it is my fixed pension from a previous employer and my 401K plus other savings. Classic pensions are a thing of the past, and interest rates are killing my investments.
My wife formed a business a couple years ago with a partner that provides continuous residual income today and after she retires. However much her business grows today determines her residual income. So yes, I'm okay with her income that potentially may exceed my retirement income. We do not plan to be part of the 'entitlement' crowd.

Submariner409
06-20-13, 01:18 PM
The 'entitlement' crowd ............

Does this include those who paid into Social Security all their working lives and now expect the government to return that which they earned - as originally provided for in the S/S Trust Fund ? - and the Trust Fund, that should be worth trillions, has been systematically raided by Congress to pay for their pork, lies, and mismangement of the country.

Does this include those who have worked steadily at jobs which set aside money for retirement, and now expect that return ??

or is "entitlement' limited to those who choose not to work, not to look for work, and sit on their fat butts all day, eating Twinkies and Cheetos bought with free food stamps and free welfare payments while talking on their free cell phones in their subsidized housing ??

Entitlements are earned - handouts to pay for non-performance are not. Think about it - our government actually pays people not to work - and they call that "entitlement" ??? Hah !

EcSTSatic
06-20-13, 01:38 PM

Does this include those who paid into Social Security all their working lives and now expect the government to return that which they earned - as originally provided for in the S/S Trust Fund ? - and the Trust Fund, that should be worth trillions, has been systematically raided by Congress to pay for their pork, lies, and mismangement of the country.

Does this include those who have worked steadily at jobs which set aside money for retirement, and now expect that return ??

or is "entitlement' limited to those who choose not to work, not to look for work, and sit on their fat butts all day, eating Twinkies and Cheetos bought with free food stamps and free welfare payments while talking on their free cell phones in their subsidized housing ??

Entitlements are earned - handouts to pay for non-performance are not. Think about it - our government actually pays people not to work - and they call that "entitlement" ??? Hah !
Do not misunderstand, I agree completely. I just think we're headed in a direction where our earned benefits won't be enough and I believe the government wants it that way. That is called control.

drewsdeville
06-20-13, 02:47 PM

Entitlements are earned - handouts to pay for non-performance are not. Think about it - our government actually pays people not to work - and they call that "entitlement" ??? Hah !This is not relevant. Entitlement does not, and has never existed in society. It should never be expected by either example mentioned. You are entitled to absolutely nothing.

CadillacLuke24
06-20-13, 03:16 PM

You are completely right Jim. I'd venture to guess the true meaning has been lost somewhere along the way. There's no way the Occupy fools or other on unemployment are "entitled" to their benefits.

As far as orconn's point, I can't validly chime in, being a self-sustaining college kid. If that time comes, I wouldn't have any qualms with my wife being employed. If that's her prerogative, more power to her. Does than mean I will leave income gathering solely to her? No.

CTSCHICK
06-20-13, 07:49 PM
Welcome to 10 years ago guys :p

Aztec ETC ECS
06-20-13, 09:05 PM
Statistics show that women are increasing their role as breadwinners in American families.
Not in my house. But whenever my wife's ready, I'll gladly step aside.

77CDV
06-20-13, 11:04 PM
Um, women still earn less for doing the same job as a man, so don't toot that equality horn just yet. As far as women being the main earner in two-income households, it has mostly to do with industrial and physical labor jobs (mostly male) being supplanted by service sector jobs (mostly female). Also, women make up an increasing percentage of college students, esp in the math and science related fields, and in professional programs. Men still tend to dominate in the business and financial sectors, which are far more lucrative but involve more financial risk and so can have volatile incomes.

CadillacLuke24
06-22-13, 12:38 AM
Um, women still earn less for doing the same job as a man, so don't toot that equality horn just yet. As far as women being the main earner in two-income households, it has mostly to do with industrial and physical labor jobs (mostly male) being supplanted by service sector jobs (mostly female). Also, women make up an increasing percentage of college students, esp in the math and science related fields, and in professional programs. Men still tend to dominate in the business and financial sectors, which are far more lucrative but involve more financial risk and so can have volatile incomes.

The male is strong in this one :duck:

The gap is closing. Not there yet, from what I can tell in school, but closing.

Jesda
06-22-13, 02:19 AM
Too many carbs. Would rather she brought home bacon instead.

Stingroo
06-22-13, 03:33 AM

What he said.

Koooop
06-22-13, 10:23 AM
I want my wife to bring home a Cadillac.

Submariner409
06-22-13, 10:56 AM
Too many carbs.

Too many carbs ???? You can NEVER have too many carbs !!!

Hoosier Daddy
06-22-13, 11:46 AM
Robert Atkins did not agree.

Of course he was wrong.

rodnok01
06-22-13, 11:51 AM
I know several men that wife is major bread winner. They have jobs either full or part time and stay home with kid(s).
Personally I don't care who brings home the bacon(thick sliced please). It was a stigma yrs ago for the man Not to be the bread winner but if it's about who works the hardest I bet a lot of men would run back to work after a couple weeks. I'm not saying some men don't work very hard at their jobs but every situation is different.
If my wife had a 6 figure job you wouldn't find a happier dude.

Stingroo
06-22-13, 02:01 PM

This is the only exception. :p

talismandave
06-22-13, 03:52 PM

She can bring whatever she wants, as long as she takes it to the kitchen and makes me my dinner....:duck:

MrHolland
06-22-13, 05:32 PM
Heheheheheee, you better be careful....

cadillac kevin
06-22-13, 05:34 PM
Heheheheheee, you better be careful....

He's not married, so he can say that :P

talismandave
06-22-13, 09:24 PM
He's not married.....

Almost impossible to believe, right?

02603sec
06-23-13, 05:22 AM
Liberal left media stuff. There are more single mothers then ever, and this constitutes a family. I work with most of the top drug companies in the states, they prefer to hire 1. Minorities, 2.Women. Men seriously need not apply. Been this way for twenty years.

EChas3
06-24-13, 12:47 AM

There's not really as much pay inequality as surface figures suggest when one considers all job factors. Look at the careers chosen, required working & on-call hours, travel, family leave, etc. The topic rarely gets analysis that includes all the factors that may enter into pay disparity, especially if a work record has gaps for personal priorities.

truckinman
06-24-13, 04:03 AM
I make twice what my wife does. But even if it were the other way around, who cares. In come is income. It all gets distributed a certain way in the household with certain bills and other luxuries such as vacations and going out to eat etc.

CTSV_Rob
06-25-13, 10:15 PM
one carb is too many you old fart! :D

Let them, I am done with the rat race. Let them suffer for a little while.