: Just hit a dear :(

capn
02-07-05, 10:04 PM
Hey all

like 30 minutes ago i hit a dear, really sucks iw asnt going too fast tho, like 35. but still it took out my drivers side headlight pushed the fender in and i cant open the door, and the hood is bent in too. just really sucks man, anyone have any 94 eldo parts for sale?

illumina
02-07-05, 10:24 PM
Hey all

like 30 minutes ago i hit a dear, really sucks iw asnt going too fast tho, like 35. but still it took out my drivers side headlight pushed the fender in and i cant open the door, and the hood is bent in too. just really sucks man, anyone have any 94 eldo parts for sale?

That sucks man...Try your local junk yards to find parts. If locating something is an issue, try this: http://car-part.com/ Used auto parts, but you're bound to find something there.

Also, slice the freakin' deer up and eat it for hitting your car: he was weak and stupid and therefore deserves it.

capn
02-07-05, 11:01 PM
im just suprised a deer survived a cadillac, thats like a bird surviving a nuclear blast.

but yeah i let the cop take care of the deer and blow its head off but i took a nice chunk of the deers ass off, so im somewhat content

Elvis
02-08-05, 10:24 AM
but yeah i let the cop take care of the deer and blow its head off but i took a nice chunk of the deers ass off, so im somewhat content

So, you're going to eat roadkill? Not sure I would've told that one. :shhh:

Rob_M
02-08-05, 10:29 AM
No insurance? I hit one in my deville one time and had the same effects. The insurance and body shop did a beautiful job...

RBraczyk
02-08-05, 11:43 AM
Hunters love it when people slam into deer. You know why, in New Hampshire if someone mows down a deer, a hunter can come get the deer and it doesn't count as his yearly deer and he still gets to eat it so then he can go hunt for a trophy buck instead of a tasty doe.

Elvis
02-08-05, 03:01 PM
The problem with that is that roadkill deer doesn't taste right. The meat can get tainted by some glands or something, I don't remember exactly what. Plus, if it's bruised it really gets messed up.

Kev
02-08-05, 03:03 PM
Yeah, agreed, it's not the best method for tenderization.

Kev

caddydaddy
02-08-05, 03:16 PM
Yeah, the meat gets beat up and bruised and doesn't taste as good!

turbojimmy
02-08-05, 03:30 PM
I hit one in my GTO that someone traveling in the other direction had just hit. It tried to run, I tried to stop but I got it. I felt bad for it, but since I hit it on the rebound it was already messed up when I hit it. It was trying to get up and run but since its legs were broken off it wasn't having much success. It was probably 15 years ago at this point, but I remember watching the cop shoot it and seeing each bullet hole in her head appear with each pop of the gun. I saw the panic in her eyes fade to a blank stare. I had never really seen anything die before my eyes like that so it stuck with me. The cop asked me if I wanted it, I asked what for (thought maybe I'd have it stuffed and put it in the front yard?). He said it was a doe and thus good eatin'. I said no thanks and he put it in the trunk of his car with the help of the guy that hit it first.

I had to replace the "t bar" on the front of the GTO (it was a '67) but it was otherwise fine. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Good luck with the Eldo...sounds like it's cosmetic, which still sucks but not as bad as if you plowed things in far enough to poke a hole in the radiator and/or a/c condenser.

Jim

Adam
02-08-05, 07:02 PM
that really sucks man. i almost hit one a few weeks ago. i was on my way to work (and i was just asked to come in i was already off) and i was going through a curve. when i came out i seen it standing there on the side of the road. i started to brake and it jumped out infront of me. it brushed the side of my car and didnt do any damage. it was a buck i know that for sure. i dont know how many points it had or nothing. glad i started to brake cause if i didnt i would have nailed him.

Performance Park
02-09-05, 07:55 PM
That stinks man. Sorry that happened. I hope you get it fixed up in a jiffy and it doesn't cost you to much.

flutie flakes
02-10-05, 01:09 AM
Awwww no way! That's horrible!

CharBroiled
02-10-05, 06:25 AM
That does suck. And around here insurance doesnt cover dear hits :(

96CADDYDEVILLE
02-10-05, 01:33 PM
JUST BE GLAD THIS DIDNT HAPPEN:bighead:

Rob_M
02-10-05, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I hit a baby deer the first time in the middle of the night on a dark windy road called the ridge. When I turned around to check on it, its mother was licking it. I felt terrible. I felt worse about the one i hit in my Deville. That thing flew like a helecopter across to the other side of the street. Poor thing. It looked like it was trying to move its back legs to get up with no luck. I called the humane sociotey right away but they couldnt find it. Somebody probably picked it up and took it home.

Kev
02-10-05, 06:24 PM
OK, this is slightly off topic;
It wasn't a deer, it was a cat. We weren't in a Cadi, it was an old Ford LTD wagon. Drving the family home on a dark highway, a cat tries to cross the road in front of us, no good. We hear and feel the tell tale thump and tumble of the poor feline under our car. Immediately after we are passed on the left lane by a car with an "I Love Cats" sticker on the back. Boy did we feel low!

Kev

capn
06-08-05, 01:03 AM
you know that cat road kill thing made me think if a real funny picture i once saw. i did something like this but it was with an opposum wrong and funny at the same time.

http://ednet.rvc.cc.il.us/~jlbecker/00000000-00000000.8/free%20cat.jpg

D148L0
06-08-05, 11:02 AM
:histeric:
Heh, heh, heh....

powerglide
06-08-05, 11:43 AM
LOL....I'm amazed this morning to find this brief exchange on the subject of eating roadkill!

Gooooodmorning!

Elvis
06-08-05, 01:34 PM
Around here there's just as big a problem of people picking up the "exotics" like otters and foxes and rushing to the taxidermist with them. They make really cool trophies.