: I received 9 wheel hop letters

homer403
02-07-05, 10:32 PM
Sorry, forgot to post this, but better late than never. I did receive a total of 10 letters that I sent certified mail along with mine and explanation as to what these letters are about to Cadillac (about the wheel hop issue). Let's see what happens! :want:

wildwhl
02-07-05, 11:00 PM
Wow, only 9? Come on guys, what's the problem? THERE ARE A LOT MORE THAN 9 V OWNERS ON THIS FORUM THAT HATE THE WHEEL HOP (CAPS=YELLING). :hmm:

CTSV05
02-08-05, 12:24 AM
Oh, I thought we were going to directly e-mail Cadillac?

Thats what I did.

homer403
02-08-05, 12:38 AM
We could do both....:want: therefore... no more crap about, "Oh... we have never heard of this"

jdodman
02-08-05, 06:38 AM
I emailed and phoned Caddy directly. As stated in a previous thread, the women I spoke too said they received a lot of mail on this. I think we are getting thru. What they will do about it is another matter.

urbanski
02-08-05, 08:28 AM
Wow, only 9? Come on guys, what's the problem? THERE ARE A LOT MORE THAN 9 V OWNERS ON THIS FORUM THAT HATE THE WHEEL HOP (CAPS=YELLING). :hmm:
sure i hate it, but i don't think letters/e-mail is going to change anything.

CTSV05
02-08-05, 09:57 AM
I disagree, pressure for change must come from an income base, which is us, current and future buyers of these and similar cars.

Keep up the pressure-Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the oil!!! Don't believe me? Look at our society, who gets the handouts and benefits of the taxpayers? Those who whine and cry about how unfair this or that is.

So, keep after them, and if we stay diligent and united on this issue, something will happen.

Florian
02-08-05, 10:48 AM
I already have a case file with GM (through the dealer and Caddy customer svc., for what thats worth) please send me the link to the form letter and Ill fill it out and send it.

Florian

M5eatr
02-08-05, 10:51 AM
I mailed one to Homer and one to GM. I still haven't placed any phone calls. AND YES I HATE THE EFFIN WHEEL HOP. :wtf: :banghead: :blasted:

Let's hope we don't have to go to the mattresses... :bouncer: :hitstick:

MRR
02-08-05, 11:24 AM
sure i hate it, but i don't think letters/e-mail is going to change anything.

I bought my Wife a new 2000 Mazda Miata. We sold her 1999 and bought the 2000 for 2 reasons. Mazda advertised an increase in HP, & also offered a 6 spd for the new 2000s. After driving the car for several weeks, I did not see any HP gains. On the Miata forum, people that had bought the 2000 started to complain. Guys started to have their cars dynoed and the HP was not there. We started sending letters, E-Mails, ect. To make a long story short. Mazda bought my Wife's Miata back from us at the exact price we paid for it including all the tax's fees ect. We had the car for 7 months and had 5,000 miles on it. If you did not want to sell it back to them, they would give you free factory-scheduled maintenance at an authorized Mazda dealership for the length of the warranty and send you a $500.00 prepaid Master Card debit card to spend any way you'd like.

The complaints from the Miata Forum was the main reason Mazda did that, so lets make sure that GM knows and understands our concerns, and does something about it.

MRR

RobzBLKV
02-08-05, 03:16 PM
Last night, I eperienced wheel hop for the first time (I have been gentle so far, still only 1100 miles or so). It wasn't an application of power that I thought was extreme at all. Now I am ready to send a letter.

DgtalPimp
02-09-05, 01:01 PM
Last night, I eperienced wheel hop for the first time (I have been gentle so far, still only 1100 miles or so). It wasn't an application of power that I thought was extreme at all. Now I am ready to send a letter.
Send it.

CVP33
02-09-05, 09:52 PM
I emailed Cadillac Customer Service with my concerns regarding the CTS-V's wheel hop. I received a phone call tonight and was asked to drop the car off at my local dealer ASAP for an evaluation. I explained that this was my second V and am frankly surprised that they can't seem to fix this. Are you ready for this - John Bogart (service writer) claims that they aren't getting this complaint on other CTS-V's. It must be just mine. :rolleyes:

homer403
02-09-05, 09:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA My dealer said the same thing :histeric: What is wrong with these people :cookoo:

CVP33
02-09-05, 10:20 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA My dealer said the same thing :histeric: What is wrong with these people :cookoo:

I misspoke earlier. John Bogart is actually the Customer Service Rep' from Cadillac not the dealership service writer.

Doc170
02-10-05, 01:06 PM
HOMER

I PICKED UP MY 2005 CTS-V SEPT.16th 2004, With all the bad weather we have been having here in New York I only have 500 miles on it. When I take it out for a ride I get wheel hop anytime I take off a little to quick. Believe me I`m not a racer but love having the power when I need it.
Where do I E-Mail Cadillac to let them know I am dissappointed with Caddy after owning many in my time.
DOC170

CVP33
02-10-05, 08:24 PM
Cadillac Customer Service 1-800-458-8006

Or go to MyGMlink.com and register your car. Then go to the help section and finally go through the "contact us" steps. They got back to me within 24 hours.

homer403
02-10-05, 09:50 PM
Here's the letter:

Your info

Cadillac Customer Assistance Center
P. O. Box 33169
Detroit, MI 48232-5169

Ref: CTS-V Wheel Hop Issue - VIN Number #############

To Whom It May Concern:

As an owner of a Cadillac 2005 CTS-V, VIN #############, I am experiencing severe case of wheel hop. I believe that you are aware of the condition and hope that GM engineers are currently working to correct this issue. After talking with other CTS-V owners, I find that this is prevalent with other owners, both 2004 and 2005 models. I have collected a number of letters included so that you may realize that this is not an isolated issue. Visits to my dealerís service department have provided no satisfactory resolution. There are numerous aftermarket companies that have made an attempt to correct this known issue but have not been 100% successful. This leads me to believe that GM/Cadillac should be the one to devise a solution, as they are the ones who have developed the vehicle and should also be the ones to represent their products.

Although this condition can be induced by what you may call improper or abusive driving, I as well as others have experienced this phenomenon under routine driving conditions such as merging onto the freeways and under normal acceleration. A concern of the current and future CTS-V owners is the safety of this situation when it occurs to the passengers and others on the roadways. Could this situation cause catastrophic failure which could be a direct factor to the driver losing control? It would be unfortunate if this situation was to cause harm to any person or to property. All too often, big business will only correct issues when something unfortunate occurs and are forced to admit the negligence. Obviously the Ford-Firestone situation is still fresh in all our minds. Other concerns is that the wheel hop will end up being costly in time and money to me and other owners as more and more rear end parts will fail, presumably under warranty and especially when out of warranty.

We, the CTS-V owners respectfully request a formal acknowledgement to this issue from GM/Cadillac. In addition, any information should be made available regarding this issue in regards to what has been done and what the future plans are for the situation. A report as to what detrimental effects could be expected with this condition over a long term period would also be helpful.

Thank you for your time and cooperation in this matter. We anxiously await your response.

Cordially,

V-Max
03-31-05, 10:22 AM
homer403, thanks for your work. My letter is in the mail.

Thanks,
Norm

jdodman
03-31-05, 02:51 PM
I mailed mine directly to Caddy, got a few phone calls, discussed a few options, at the end of a whole lot of BS - bottom line - nothing is going to happen.