: Black satin wheels q ?

veloce
06-19-13, 04:09 PM
Just bought a set of the black satin wheels off EBAY from a GM dealer. They sent the wheels with silver lug nuts and lock kit. This isn't right ? never seen this on any cars as delivered ! Anyone have a different or similar experience ? Haven't called them yet to ask why they sent this set up but the photo on EBAY shows it this way ? Also, the wheels black paint only goes about 3"s inside of the wheels. Is this stock as well ? Thanks . Jeff

pat2t2f
06-19-13, 04:19 PM
My black wheels have silver lug nuts but the whole wheel is black. Not just a few inches in

JKG
06-19-13, 04:24 PM
a cadillac dealer has been selling stock wheels that we "refinished" in black. these are probably them. I assume they painted them black - originally silver wheels. my black factory wheels are black all the way. these are probably not factory black wheels. It's OK as long as they weren't beaten up in a previous life.

neuronbob
06-19-13, 05:17 PM
My factory black wheels are not black all the way through. I have two sets of stock black wheels and neither set is black on the barrel.

Maybe Cadillac used more than one contractor?

I have silver lugs on my black wheels straight from the factory.

JKG
06-19-13, 06:30 PM
my lugs are silver too, with factory black wheels. I think the company selling the refinished wheels was selling them in GLOSS black when I spoke to them

Trapspeed
06-19-13, 07:49 PM
Are there part numbers stamped on them anywhere?

veloce
06-20-13, 11:07 AM
The wheels are stamped but don't have that right now. They were stamped with the GM and build date as I have seen with other wheels. The invoice says part no 19257473 and 192557477 .

tinman
06-20-13, 12:20 PM
China sends their regards.

neuronbob
06-20-13, 01:03 PM
China sends their regards.

Indeed. More specifically, our stock GM wheels are made in Taiwan. I was a bit surprised when I found that on the box for my wheels, but hey, GM is a global operation.

tinman
06-20-13, 01:16 PM
My standard CTS with Performance Package has wheels made in China (polished aluminum). My spare tire (GM OEM made in China) has the "partial" paint spray on it.

veloce
06-24-13, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all the reponses. Looks like I got what I paid for and they are the real thing. Just a little different than I thought they should be. An other example of the value of this board to its members! Jeff